|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Teedie's attacks often came after what?
(a) A day of melancholy
(b) A day of hiking
(c) Extreme happiness
(d) Being separated from Mittie
2. Asthma has been described as a cry for who?
(a) A loved one
(b) The child
(c) The father
(d) The mother
3. How did Theodore feel about the nomination?
(a) Happy because he believed the best choice was made
(b) Depressed that he didn't like the choice
(c) Satisfied that it wasn't the person he didn't want elected
(d) Angry that it wasn't his candidate
4. What type of business did James and Irvine have?
5. Teedie was born in what year?
6. The house's piazza was used as what?
(a) A kitchen
(b) A wine cellar
(c) A parlor
(d) A playroom
7. What was under construction on the west side of Central Park?
(a) National Museum of American History
(b) National Institute of Art
(c) American Museum of Natural History
(d) American Insitute of Modern Art
8. Where did Bamie go when war broke out between France and Prussia?
(c) New York
9. When Theodore first saw his new house, what surprised him?
(a) Its size
(b) Its ugliness
(c) Its closeness to Central Park
(d) Its location
10. What club did Theodore join?
(a) New Yorkers for the Betterment of Asylums
(b) American Automobile Association
(c) New York Artists Cooperative
(d) Republican Reform Club
11. How did Theodore feel about his rejection by the confirmation committee?
12. How many children lived in the Roosevelt house in 1869?
13. What did the family put on the back piazza?
(a) Teedie's animal specimens
(b) A bedroom
(c) An art studio
(d) Weight equipment
14. What was Theodore Sr.'s true vocation?
(c) Charity work
15. What treatment in Teedie's childhood is closest to modern drugs for asthma?
(b) Black coffee
Short Answer Questions
1. With asthmatic children, what do parents anticipate?
2. Which day of the week in Victorian times had little or no play?
3. Roscoe Conkling wanted to run for what office?
4. Who moved to the north with Mittie?
5. Why didn't Theodore, Sr. serve to the post he was appointed to?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)