|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Teedie suffer from?
2. With asthmatic children, what do parents anticipate?
(b) The next attack
(c) Finding doctors
(d) Finding a cure
3. What decision did Theodore regret to his dying day?
(a) Leaving his family
(b) Marrying Mittie
(c) Not fighting in the war
(d) Traveling to Europe
4. Where did the family go after Liverpool?
5. What was one of Teedie's outstanding features?
(a) Large teeth
(b) Receeding hair
(c) Small hands
(d) Tall frame
6. Teedie's attacks often came after what?
(a) A day of melancholy
(b) Being separated from Mittie
(c) Extreme happiness
(d) A day of hiking
7. What was Theodore diagnosed with?
(c) Acute peritonitis
(d) Brain tumor
8. Who was the New York Reform Club's candidate?
(a) Henry Jackson
(b) Peter Alexander
(c) George Beez
(d) Benjamin H. Bristow
9. The Depression affected which part of the Roosevelt's business?
(a) Real estate
(b) Oil refineries
(c) Radio stations
(d) Glass importing
10. When did the family arrive in Paris?
(a) November 1901
(b) March 1870
(c) June 1890
(d) October 1861
11. What did the family do on summer mornings?
(a) Collect animal specimens
(b) Swim in the river
(c) Horseback rides
12. Theodore gave a speech from where?
13. When Theodore first saw his new house, what surprised him?
(a) Its ugliness
(b) Its size
(c) Its location
(d) Its closeness to Central Park
14. The house's piazza was used as what?
(a) A playroom
(b) A parlor
(c) A wine cellar
(d) A kitchen
15. In the summer of 1872, Teedie received what?
(a) A gun
(b) A boat
(c) A diary
(d) A dog
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Depression wore on, where did Theodore work more and more?
2. When did many of Teedie's attacks happen?
3. Which day of the week in Victorian times had little or no play?
4. Who did Conkling send to the convention on his behalf?
5. What was on the top floor of the new house?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)