|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Teedie's outstanding features?
(a) Large teeth
(b) Small hands
(c) Receeding hair
(d) Tall frame
2. Who opposed Theodore's appointment to the post he was being considered for?
(a) President Hayes
(b) Senator Conkling
(d) John Jay
3. What was under construction on the west side of Central Park?
(a) American Museum of Natural History
(b) National Institute of Art
(c) National Museum of American History
(d) American Insitute of Modern Art
4. Where did Teedie go with his father when his asthma acted up?
(d) The seashore
5. Where did Bamie go when war broke out between France and Prussia?
(b) New York
6. When did many of Teedie's attacks happen?
(a) Thursday mornings
(b) Wednesday afternoon
(c) Monday night
(d) Sunday morning
7. Teedie attended which university?
(a) Harvard University
(b) Georgetown University
(c) Boston University
(d) Yale University
8. The Depression affected which part of the Roosevelt's business?
(a) Glass importing
(b) Real estate
(c) Oil refineries
(d) Radio stations
9. Asthma attacks, in general, frequently occur when during the day?
10. What is the first stage of an attack?
(a) A pain in the stomach
(b) A tingling in the fingers
(c) The heart stopping
(d) A tightening of the chest
11. What did the family have to postpone because of the delays with the house?
(a) Bamie's debut
(b) Moving into the house until it was completed
(c) Their annual Independence party
(d) Aunt Sarah's wedding
12. What was the family's main concern while the house was built?
(a) Impending war with England
(b) Finding money for other lodging
(c) Mittie's forgetfulness
(d) Teedie's health
13. Who won the nomination at the convention?
(a) Walter Mondale
(b) Rutherford B. Hayes
(c) Woodrow Wilson
(d) Chester Arthur
14. Who found Theodore charming and included him in her circle?
(a) Belle Boyd
(b) Mrs. Grant
(c) Mrs. Lincoln
(d) Mrs. Robert E. Lee
15. With asthmatic children, what do parents anticipate?
(a) The next attack
(b) Finding doctors
(c) Finding a cure
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Teedie often miss because of his attacks?
2. Where did the family go first in Europe?
3. Where did the family go after Liverpool?
4. On what street did Theodore decide to build the new house?
5. What did Theodore believe would help Teedie's health?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)