|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the family arrive in Paris?
(a) October 1861
(b) November 1901
(c) March 1870
(d) June 1890
2. What was Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt's name?
3. Teedie was born in what year?
4. How old was Theodore when he first met Mittie?
5. How tall was Teedie at the age of 17?
(a) Five-feet-eleven inches
(b) Six-feet-one inch
(c) Five-feet-eight inches
(d) Six-feet-four inches
6. What illness did Teedie suffer from?
7. Which day of the week in Victorian times had little or no play?
8. The best times for the family were spent where?
(a) Oyster Bay
(b) The Gulf of Mexico
(c) Lake Michigan
(d) Grand River
9. What keeps a child from breathing during an attack?
(a) Air trapped in the lungs
(b) Swollen throat
(c) Not enough oxygen in the bloodstream
(d) Scratchy windpipe
10. When did many of Teedie's attacks happen?
(a) Thursday mornings
(b) Monday night
(c) Wednesday afternoon
(d) Sunday morning
11. Theodore gave a speech from where?
12. What did Teedie have a fear of?
(a) His grandparent's house
(b) His bedroom
(c) The Metropolitan Museum
(d) Madison Square Church
13. What did the family have to postpone because of the delays with the house?
(a) Moving into the house until it was completed
(b) Their annual Independence party
(c) Aunt Sarah's wedding
(d) Bamie's debut
14. In what city did the Roosevelts live?
(b) New York
15. What was Theodore diagnosed with?
(a) Brain tumor
(c) Acute peritonitis
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of specimens did Teedie collect on the trip abroad?
2. Who opposed Theodore's appointment to the post he was being considered for?
3. Asthma has been described as a cry for who?
4. Where was Ellie sent for his health?
5. The house's piazza was used as what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)