Part 1, Chapter 1 Greatheart's Circle
• Theodore Roosevelt, Sr. and his wife lived in New York and had four children.
• The house that the family lived in was like many others in New York and it had been given to the family by Theodore's father.
• Theodore, Sr. was a good man who engaged regularly in charity work and who loved his children.
• Bamie resembled Theodore, Sr. She suffered from Pott's disease.
• Teedie was frail, undersized, and suffered from asthma.
Part 1, Chapter 2 Lady from the South
• Mittie Bulloch was from a slave-owning Georgia family.
• Theodore met Mittie on a trip to the South in 1850, and the two fell in love.
• The couple married in 1853 and Mittie moved to New York.
• Mittie's sister, Anna, and her mother also moved to New York with the family.
• The Roosevelt children were born in the decade following the wedding.
• The Civil War created problems for...
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)