|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
2. Why does Lambert say he is hated:
3. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
4. Lambert tells Nicholas that:
5. How does Stephen arrive for the play's performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
2. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
3. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
4. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
5. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
6. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
7. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
8. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
9. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
10. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term 'morality play.' What concept does it convey? Would you consider Martin and the players to be moralists? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the guilds? Why do they present a problem for the players? What ides does Martin have to help the players?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Play of Thomas Wells and the True Play of Thomas Wells represent? Do the players make their point in the plays? Do you think it is a good way to do it?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)