|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
2. How was the strangling of Thomas Wells portrayed:
3. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
4. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
5. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Stephen learn?
2. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
3. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
4. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
5. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
6. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
7. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
8. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
9. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
10. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your opinion of the book? Is it a good way to do a murder mystery? Did the book hold your interest?
Essay Topic 2
What are the guilds? Why do they present a problem for the players? What ides does Martin have to help the players?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the character of Nicholas, the priest who becomes a player? Do you think he acts responsibly? Why or why not?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)