|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
2. Lord de Guise wants:
3. Martin raises the issue of:
4. Why was the Justice come to the town?
5. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
2. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
3. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
4. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
5. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
6. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
7. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
8. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
9. What does Nicholas learn about the activities of John Lambert?
10. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
Essay Topic 2
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)