|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
2. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
3. What do they rind in the chamber:
4. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
5. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
2. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
3. What information does Stephen learn?
4. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
5. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
6. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
7. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
8. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
9. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
10. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The players are a team both on and off the stage. What does this suggest abut the role of teamwork? Did you learn anything about teamwork from working in groups?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the character of Martin. Do you think he is a strong player? Why or why not? Why is he so quiet when the players are hold captive at the castle?
Essay Topic 3
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)