|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
2. What do they do during the day?
3. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
4. As host, Lord de Guise:
5. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
2. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
3. What does Nicholas learn about the activities of John Lambert?
4. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
5. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
6. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
7. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
8. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
9. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
10. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you consider Martin an innovator? Why or why not? Do you think he had good ideas? Why or why not? Was the play of the murder a good idea in your opinion?
Essay Topic 2
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion of the book? Is it a good way to do a murder mystery? Did the book hold your interest?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)