|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Lambert is:
2. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
3. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
4. As host, Lord de Guise:
5. What did Springer and Straw learn at the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
2. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
3. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
4. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
5. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
6. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
7. How do the players perform the play?
8. What information does Stephen learn?
9. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
10. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the term 'morality play.' What concept does it convey? Would you consider Martin and the players to be moralists? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the guilds? Why do they present a problem for the players? What ides does Martin have to help the players?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the character of Nicholas, the priest who becomes a player? Do you think he acts responsibly? Why or why not?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)