|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
2. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
3. What do they learn in the middle of the performance?
4. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
5. What question does Lambert ask Nicholas:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
2. What promises does the Justice make?
3. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
4. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
5. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
6. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
7. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
8. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
9. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
10. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Lord de Guise. Do you think he treated the players fairly? Were the players justified in being concerned for their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the King's Justice? Why does he appear in the town? Do you think Nicholas was right to trust him after he escaped from the castle? Why or why not?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)