|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction does Jane suffer from:
2. What other question is raised in the play?
3. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
4. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
5. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
2. What promises does the Justice make?
3. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
4. What does Nicholas learn about the activities of John Lambert?
5. What information does Stephen learn?
6. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
7. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
8. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
9. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
10. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure of the fourteenth century English play? Why are the plays based on the Bible? Discuss the style used in the presentation of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the structure of the players? Who sponsors them? How do they earn a living? How do they handle expenses?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the character of Nicholas, the priest who becomes a player? Do you think he acts responsibly? Why or why not?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)