|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Justice come to the town?
2. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
3. How was the strangling of Thomas Wells portrayed:
4. While walking to the chamber of the lord, they recognize the smell of:
5. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
2. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
3. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
4. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
5. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
6. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
7. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
8. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
9. What promises does the Justice make?
10. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term 'morality play.' What concept does it convey? Would you consider Martin and the players to be moralists? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)