|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
2. Lord de Guise wants:
3. What do they do during the day?
4. Why does Lambert say he is hated:
5. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
2. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
3. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
4. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
5. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
6. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
7. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
8. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
9. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
10. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
Essay Topic 2
What does the Play of Thomas Wells and the True Play of Thomas Wells represent? Do the players make their point in the plays? Do you think it is a good way to do it?
Essay Topic 3
The players are a team both on and off the stage. What does this suggest abut the role of teamwork? Did you learn anything about teamwork from working in groups?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)