|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
2. What question does Lambert ask Nicholas:
3. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
4. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
5. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
2. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
3. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
4. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
5. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
6. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
7. What does Nicholas learn about the activities of John Lambert?
8. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
9. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
10. What promises does the Justice make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion of the book? Is it a good way to do a murder mystery? Did the book hold your interest?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the character of Nicholas, the priest who becomes a player? Do you think he acts responsibly? Why or why not?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)