|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin raises the issue of:
2. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
3. While walking to the chamber of the lord, they recognize the smell of:
4. What do they do during the day?
5. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
2. How do the players perform the play?
3. What promises does the Justice make?
4. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
5. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
6. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
7. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
8. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
9. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
10. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the character of Martin. Do you think he is a strong player? Why or why not? Why is he so quiet when the players are hold captive at the castle?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
Essay Topic 3
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)