|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
2. The play is ended by:
3. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
4. What does Nicholas tell Lambert when he says he is a player?
5. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
Short Essay Questions
1. What promises does the Justice make?
2. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
3. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
4. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
5. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
6. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
7. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
8. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
9. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
10. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the structure of the players? Who sponsors them? How do they earn a living? How do they handle expenses?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term 'morality play.' What concept does it convey? Would you consider Martin and the players to be moralists? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)