|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
2. What question does Lambert ask Nicholas:
3. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
4. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
5. What does Nicholas tell Lambert when he says he is a player?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
2. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
3. What promises does the Justice make?
4. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
5. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
6. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
7. How do the players perform the play?
8. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
9. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
10. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the King's Justice? Why does he appear in the town? Do you think Nicholas was right to trust him after he escaped from the castle? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)