|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play is ended by:
2. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
3. Martin raises the issue of:
4. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
5. Who was in the audience that shouted out during the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promises does the Justice make?
2. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
3. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
4. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
5. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
6. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
7. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
8. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
9. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
10. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Lord de Guise. Do you think he treated the players fairly? Were the players justified in being concerned for their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion of the book? Is it a good way to do a murder mystery? Did the book hold your interest?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the structure of the fourteenth century English play? Why are the plays based on the Bible? Discuss the style used in the presentation of the play.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)