|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other question is raised in the play?
2. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
3. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
4. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
5. Who is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
2. What information does Stephen learn?
3. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
4. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
5. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
6. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
7. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
8. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
9. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
10. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
Essay Topic 3
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)