|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
2. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
3. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
4. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
5. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
2. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
3. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
4. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
5. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
6. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
7. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
8. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
9. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
10. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The players are a team both on and off the stage. What does this suggest abut the role of teamwork? Did you learn anything about teamwork from working in groups?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the King's Justice? Why does he appear in the town? Do you think Nicholas was right to trust him after he escaped from the castle? Why or why not?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)