|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
2. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
3. What do they do during the day?
4. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
5. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the King's Justice? Why does he appear in the town? Do you think Nicholas was right to trust him after he escaped from the castle? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term 'morality play.' What concept does it convey? Would you consider Martin and the players to be moralists? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)