|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the Devil's Fool role can't Nicholas do?
2. Who found the body of Thomas Wells:
3. What does Martin propose?
4. The group decides they will:
5. Brendan's body:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
2. How do the players announce the new play?
3. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
4. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
5. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
6. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
7. How does the group travel?
8. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
9. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
10. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion of the book? Is it a good way to do a murder mystery? Did the book hold your interest?
Essay Topic 3
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)