|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the troupe heading for?
2. What does Martin propose?
3. The group decides to:
4. Why did Nicholas leave the woman's house so quickly?
5. What does the group do together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
2. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
3. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
4. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
5. What do the players discuss after the performance?
6. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
7. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
8. How does the group travel?
9. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
10. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you consider Martin an innovator? Why or why not? Do you think he had good ideas? Why or why not? Was the play of the murder a good idea in your opinion?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Play of Thomas Wells and the True Play of Thomas Wells represent? Do the players make their point in the plays? Do you think it is a good way to do it?
Essay Topic 3
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)