|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group do with the body?
2. What does Nicholas ask the group leader?
3. How many people did Nicholas count in the group?
4. In the Play of Adam, Springer plays the role of:
5. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
2. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
3. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
4. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
5. Where is the group of traveling players traveling to?
6. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
7. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
8. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
9. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
10. What does the group learn has happened in the town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the structure of a feudal society. Where does the King's Justice fit in this structure? Where does Lord de Guise fit? Where do the players fit?
Essay Topic 2
What are the guilds? Why do they present a problem for the players? What ides does Martin have to help the players?
Essay Topic 3
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)