|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
2. What is Stephen upset about?
3. What does the group do together?
4. The group decides to:
5. What happened to the players' cart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the players announce the new play?
2. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
3. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
4. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
5. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
6. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
7. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
8. What do the players discuss after the performance?
9. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
10. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Lord de Guise. Do you think he treated the players fairly? Were the players justified in being concerned for their lives?
Essay Topic 2
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The players are a team both on and off the stage. What does this suggest abut the role of teamwork? Did you learn anything about teamwork from working in groups?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)