|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephen upset about?
2. What happens when the men begin to pack their wagon?
3. Nicholas committed adultery for:
4. Thomas Wells obtained the money he was carrying by:
5. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
2. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
3. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
4. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
5. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
6. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
7. How do the players announce the new play?
8. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
9. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
10. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your opinion of the book? Is it a good way to do a murder mystery? Did the book hold your interest?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structure of the fourteenth century English play? Why are the plays based on the Bible? Discuss the style used in the presentation of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Who is the King's Justice? Why does he appear in the town? Do you think Nicholas was right to trust him after he escaped from the castle? Why or why not?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)