|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
2. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
3. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
4. What does the group ask Nicholas to do for them?
5. Who did Margaret obtain information from:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
2. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
3. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
4. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
5. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
6. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
7. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
8. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
9. How does the group travel?
10. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
Essay Topic 2
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the structure of the players? Who sponsors them? How do they earn a living? How do they handle expenses?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)