|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
2. The specialty of the character Springer is:
3. What does the group do with the body?
4. The group arranges burial for Brendan with the:
5. How do the players announce their new play:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
2. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
3. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
4. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
5. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
6. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
7. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
8. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
9. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
10. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Assess the character of Nicholas, the priest who becomes a player? Do you think he acts responsibly? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)