|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
2. Why wouldn't the innkeeper haggle over the price of the accommodations?
3. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
4. What does Martin propose?
5. Where does the group plan to perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
2. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
3. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
4. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
5. How do the players announce the new play?
6. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
7. What does the group learn has happened in the town?
8. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
9. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
10. What do the players discuss after the performance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the guilds? Why do they present a problem for the players? What ides does Martin have to help the players?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
Essay Topic 3
Who is the King's Justice? Why does he appear in the town? Do you think Nicholas was right to trust him after he escaped from the castle? Why or why not?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)