|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
2. What does Martin do after the burial?
3. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
4. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
5. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
2. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
3. How does the group travel?
4. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
5. How do the players learn the story of Thomas Wells?
6. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
7. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
8. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
9. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
10. How do the players announce the new play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the character of Martin. Do you think he is a strong player? Why or why not? Why is he so quiet when the players are hold captive at the castle?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Play of Thomas Wells and the True Play of Thomas Wells represent? Do the players make their point in the plays? Do you think it is a good way to do it?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)