|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas enters the town:
2. Which part of the Devil's Fool role can't Nicholas do?
3. What are the group's plans for the town they are entering?
4. What happens when the men begin to pack their wagon?
5. What is the name of the play on the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
2. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
3. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
4. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
5. Where is the group of traveling players traveling to?
6. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
7. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
8. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
9. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
10. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structure of the fourteenth century English play? Why are the plays based on the Bible? Discuss the style used in the presentation of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)