|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they travel, Martin teaches Nicholas:
2. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
3. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
4. What does Nicholas ask the group leader?
5. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
2. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
3. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
4. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
5. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
6. How does the group travel?
7. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
8. How do the players announce the new play?
9. What do the players discuss after the performance?
10. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the character of Martin. Do you think he is a strong player? Why or why not? Why is he so quiet when the players are hold captive at the castle?
Essay Topic 2
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 3
Why would the Monk want to implicate the Weaver? What kind of activities did John Lambert engage in that would make the Monk want to silence him?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)