|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martin relate the murder to the Bible?
2. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
3. At first, Nicholas thought the group of people were:
4. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
5. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
2. What do the players discuss after the performance?
3. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
4. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
5. How do the players announce the new play?
6. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
7. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
8. How does the group travel?
9. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
10. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the structure of a feudal society. Where does the King's Justice fit in this structure? Where does Lord de Guise fit? Where do the players fit?
Essay Topic 2
The author has various techniques that he uses in the book. Discuss the use of light and what it means. Why is Death referred to with a capital 'D'?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion of the book? Is it a good way to do a murder mystery? Did the book hold your interest?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)