Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the group's patron lord:
2. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
3. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
4. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
5. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
2. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
3. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
4. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
5. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
6. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
7. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
8. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
9. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
10. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
Discuss the structure of the fourteenth century English play? Why are the plays based on the Bible? Discuss the style used in the presentation of the play.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)