|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
2. What have all plays been based on?
3. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
4. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
5. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the group of traveling players traveling to?
2. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
3. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
4. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
5. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
6. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
7. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
8. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
9. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
10. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The players are a team both on and off the stage. What does this suggest abut the role of teamwork? Did you learn anything about teamwork from working in groups?
Essay Topic 2
How does MORALITY PLAY compare to other murder mysteries that you've read? In what way does Unsworth build suspense? Is it effective in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author has various techniques that he uses in the book. Discuss the use of light and what it means. Why is Death referred to with a capital 'D'?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)