|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
2. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
3. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
4. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
5. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
2. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
3. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
4. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
5. How do the players perform the play?
6. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
7. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
8. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
9. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
10. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
Essay Topic 1
What are the guilds? Why do they present a problem for the players? What ides does Martin have to help the players?
Essay Topic 2
The players are a team both on and off the stage. What does this suggest abut the role of teamwork? Did you learn anything about teamwork from working in groups?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the structure of a feudal society. Where does the King's Justice fit in this structure? Where does Lord de Guise fit? Where do the players fit?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)