|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character had his thumb severed?
2. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
3. What does the group do together?
4. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
5. What is the purpose of their traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
2. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
3. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
4. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
5. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
6. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
7. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
8. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
9. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
10. How do the players learn the story of Thomas Wells?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the structure of a feudal society. Where does the King's Justice fit in this structure? Where does Lord de Guise fit? Where do the players fit?
Essay Topic 2
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the murder of Thomas Wells happened. Why was involved? What was the cover up?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)