|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Play of Adam, Springer plays the role of:
2. Where are the Knights riding to?
3. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
4. What does the group do with the body?
5. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
2. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
3. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
4. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
5. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
6. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
7. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
8. Where is the group of traveling players traveling to?
9. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
10. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure of the fourteenth century English play? Why are the plays based on the Bible? Discuss the style used in the presentation of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Why would the Monk want to implicate the Weaver? What kind of activities did John Lambert engage in that would make the Monk want to silence him?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the structure of the players? Who sponsors them? How do they earn a living? How do they handle expenses?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)