|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
2. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
3. What is the subject of the discussion the group has?
4. Who did Margaret obtain information from:
5. Thomas Wells died by:
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
2. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
3. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
4. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
5. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
6. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
7. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
8. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
9. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
10. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the guilds? Why do they present a problem for the players? What ides does Martin have to help the players?
Essay Topic 2
Assess the character of Nicholas, the priest who becomes a player? Do you think he acts responsibly? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Play of Thomas Wells and the True Play of Thomas Wells represent? Do the players make their point in the plays? Do you think it is a good way to do it?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)