Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the group's patron lord:
2. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
3. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
4. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
5. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
2. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
3. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
4. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
5. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
6. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
7. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
8. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
9. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
10. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the structure of a feudal society. Where does the King's Justice fit in this structure? Where does Lord de Guise fit? Where do the players fit?
Essay Topic 2
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)