|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The specialty of the character Springer is:
2. What does the group do together?
3. Who is the group's patron lord:
4. How old was Thomas Wells?
5. The man who died was:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
2. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
3. What promises does the Justice make?
4. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
5. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
6. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
7. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
8. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
9. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
10. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
Essay Topic 1
In some ways the play on the murder explains the power of the arts and media. Explain why. Would the effect have been the same if the players just went around the area talking to people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term 'morality play.' What concept does it convey? Would you consider Martin and the players to be moralists? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Lord de Guise. Do you think he treated the players fairly? Were the players justified in being concerned for their lives?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)