|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the discussion the group has?
2. Where are the Knights riding to?
3. Where did the group find lodging in the town?
4. What does the group have Nicholas do after accepting him?
5. Who turned in Roger True's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
2. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
3. What do the players discuss after the performance?
4. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
5. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
6. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
7. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
8. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
9. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
10. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the character of Martin. Do you think he is a strong player? Why or why not? Why is he so quiet when the players are hold captive at the castle?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)