|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas Wells died by:
2. What month is it when Nicholas leaves without permission?
3. Who found the body of Thomas Wells:
4. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
5. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
2. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
3. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
4. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
5. What do the players discuss after the performance?
6. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
7. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
8. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
9. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
10. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why would the Monk want to implicate the Weaver? What kind of activities did John Lambert engage in that would make the Monk want to silence him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structure of the fourteenth century English play? Why are the plays based on the Bible? Discuss the style used in the presentation of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting for the novel. What are the characteristics of fourteenth century England? Comment on the living conditions of the people.
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)