|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
2. The group decides they will:
3. Who is the lord of the town?
4. What does Martin do after the burial?
5. What is the cause of the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
2. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
3. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
4. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
5. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
6. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
7. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
8. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
9. How do the players announce the new play?
10. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the first performance of the play of Thomas Wells, the players decide they are in danger. Why? Some of them want to leave town but Martin says not until after the second performance. Why does he want them to stay? What happens as a result?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the term 'morality play.' What concept does it convey? Would you consider Martin and the players to be moralists? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why would the Monk want to implicate the Weaver? What kind of activities did John Lambert engage in that would make the Monk want to silence him?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)