|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
(a) why the burial was so quick.
(c) a strange man.
(d) where the body was.
2. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
(a) about average.
(b) more than they ever earned from one play.
(d) the same as the last play.
3. When Nicholas walks through the town, he sees:
(a) a man who had frozen to death.
(b) a beggar fighting a dog for an egg.
(c) a woman lying in the snow.
(d) two men fighting.
4. How did the audience appear before the beginning of the performance?
5. John Lambert is:
(a) a weaver.
(b) an employee at the inn.
(c) a shop keeper.
(d) a tavern owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
2. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
3. What does Nicholas learn from the beggar?
4. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
5. While walking to the chamber of the lord, they recognize the smell of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
2. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
3. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
4. What promises does the Justice make?
5. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
6. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
7. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
8. What information does Stephen learn?
9. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
10. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)