|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
(a) the castle.
(b) the church.
(c) the roadside.
(d) the grave yard.
2. When Nicholas walks through the town, he sees:
(a) two men fighting.
(b) a beggar fighting a dog for an egg.
(c) a woman lying in the snow.
(d) a man who had frozen to death.
3. Who is dying?
(b) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
(c) a household servant.
4. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
(a) saying it is an honor for the Lord to bring them to his castle.
(b) talking about the need to save Jane.
(c) discussing the information they made known.
(d) relying on the leadership of Nicholas.
5. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
(a) she has stolem before.
(b) she deserves to be hanged.
(c) that she couldn't kill a human child.
(d) she has a violent temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
2. The play is ended by:
3. What does Nicholas tell Lambert when he says he is a player?
4. What does Martin want to do?
5. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
2. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
3. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
4. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
5. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
6. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
7. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
8. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
9. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
10. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)