|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) freedom for Jane.
(b) how did the Monk die.
(c) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(d) questioning the other monks.
2. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
(a) they disagree on the details of the case.
(b) they can't find new information.
(c) they feel they are in danger from the real murderer.
(d) they decide to stay.
3. How did the audience appear before the beginning of the performance?
4. How do the players feel before the play?
5. According to Springer, who was traveling on the road on the day of the murder?
(a) Lord de Guise.
(b) the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(c) John Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the strangling of Thomas Wells portrayed:
2. Why does Lambert say he is hated:
3. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
4. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
5. Who plays the role of Thomas Wells in the play:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
2. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
3. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
4. What promises does the Justice make?
5. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
6. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
7. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
8. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
9. What information does Stephen learn?
10. What does Nicholas learn about the activities of John Lambert?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)