|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) stands there quietly.
(b) walks out of the room.
(c) consoles them.
(d) leads them in prayer.
2. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
(a) they are refused.
(b) the Sheriff gave permission for the visit.
(c) they accompany John Lambert to visit.
(d) by paying the jailer.
3. Who was in the audience that shouted out during the play?
(a) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(b) the Monk.
(c) Roger True.
(d) the sheriff.
4. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
(a) through her father.
(b) they speak together.
(c) mime and gesture.
(d) they can't communicate.
5. How does Stephen arrive for the play's performance?
(a) he doesn't show for the performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
2. The play is ended by:
3. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
4. Nicholas decides to:
5. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
2. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
3. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
4. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
5. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
6. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
7. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
8. What information does Stephen learn?
9. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
10. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)