|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a good man.
(b) a representative of the Sheriff.
(c) the servant of the Antichrist.
(d) a dirty old man.
2. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) avoid discussing what has happened.
(b) discuss details of murder.
(c) avoid discussing Jane.
(d) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
3. Which of the following things forbidden to clerics was not done by Nicholas?
(a) outside the diocese without permission.
(c) sang in taverns.
(d) joining the traveling players.
4. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
5. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
2. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
3. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
4. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
5. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Stephen learn?
2. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
3. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
4. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
5. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
6. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
7. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
8. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
9. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
10. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)