|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) avoid discussing what has happened.
(b) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
(c) discuss details of murder.
(d) avoid discussing Jane.
2. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
(a) returns to the room where they were staying.
(b) waits outside for his escort.
(c) escapes from the castle.
(d) returns to Lord de Guise's chamber.
3. What happens to Jane?
(a) she remains in prison.
(b) she is questioned.
(c) she is freed from the prison.
(d) she is hanged.
4. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
(a) a blast of trupmpets.
(b) they saw the horses.
(c) the guard told them.
(d) voices in the courtyard.
5. What other question is raised in the play?
(a) why was the boy on the road.
(c) why was the woman on the road.
(d) why was the Monk on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking to the chamber of the lord, they recognize the smell of:
2. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
3. According to Springer, who was traveling on the road on the day of the murder?
4. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
5. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
2. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
3. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
4. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
5. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
6. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
7. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
8. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
9. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
10. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)