|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
(a) the Monk was not involved.
(b) the Monk killed Thomas Wells.
(c) the Monk informed.
(d) the Monk procured the boys.
2. Lord de Guise wants:
(a) the players to leave his domain.
(b) the girl freed.
(c) to see the play of the murder.
(d) the girl killed.
3. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
(a) he wasn't sick enough.
(b) he couldn't bring himself to do it.
(c) the man was already dead.
(d) he could not repent his sins.
4. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
(a) the roadside.
(b) the castle.
(c) the grave yard.
(d) the church.
5. What does Nicholas learn from the beggar?
(b) the Justice is looking for the Monk.
(c) where to find John Lambert.
(d) the Monk left town in the middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the players mentioned by name in their play?
2. Who was in the audience that shouted out during the play?
3. What do they do during the day?
4. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
5. What other question is raised in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promises does the Justice make?
2. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
3. What does Nicholas learn about the activities of John Lambert?
4. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
5. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
6. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
7. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
8. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
9. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
10. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)