|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
(a) was buried alive.
(b) had no marks on his body.
(c) had the plague.
(d) the body was missing.
2. What question does Lambert ask Nicholas:
(a) what does the Monk want.
(b) what does the Justice want.
(c) what is the name of the Justice.
(d) why is Nicholas lying.
3. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
(a) lure the girl.
(b) implicate the Weaver.
(c) lure highway robbers.
(d) tempt the Monk.
4. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
(b) Lord William.
(c) the girl.
(d) the Monk.
5. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a good man.
(b) a representative of the Sheriff.
(c) a dirty old man.
(d) the servant of the Antichrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
2. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
3. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
4. What happens to Jane?
5. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
2. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
3. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
4. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
5. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
6. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
7. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
8. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
9. What does Nicholas decide about returning to the church?
10. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)