|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord de Guise have with him?
(a) a falcon.
(b) a book.
(c) his wife.
(d) a note pad.
2. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) bruises on the body.
(b) knife in body.
(c) bruises on the wrist.
(d) head smashed.
3. What did Springer and Straw learn at the castle?
(a) there is a great deal of concern about a miscarriage of justice.
(c) they support the woman.
(d) there is no interest in the case.
4. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
(a) mime and gesture.
(b) through her father.
(c) they can't communicate.
(d) they speak together.
5. Nicholas is wearing:
(a) his priestly habit.
(b) a cloak from the player's costumes.
(c) beggar's clothing.
(d) ordinary clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
2. Who had the players mentioned by name in their play?
3. Lambert tells Nicholas that:
4. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
5. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
2. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
3. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
4. What does Nicholas learn about the activities of John Lambert?
5. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
6. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
7. How do the players perform the play?
8. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
9. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
10. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)