|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin raises the issue of:
(a) the story of the beggar.
(b) the condition of Lord William.
(c) five boys missing.
(d) the innocence of Jane.
2. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
(a) escapes from the castle.
(b) returns to the room where they were staying.
(c) returns to Lord de Guise's chamber.
(d) waits outside for his escort.
3. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
(a) directly to the Lord.
(b) to the dungeon.
(c) to a locked area with a window.
(d) to the guest quarters.
4. The play is ended by:
(a) Martin being killed.
(b) Lord de Guise's men surrounding the players.
(c) Margaret screaming.
(d) Tobias fleeing from the stage.
5. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
(a) the King's Justice.
(b) John Lambert.
(c) the innkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
2. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
3. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
4. In the play Nicholas plays the role of:
5. Who was in the audience that shouted out during the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promises does the Justice make?
2. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
3. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
4. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
5. How do the players perform the play?
6. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
7. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
8. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
9. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
10. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)