|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martin want to do?
(b) save the girl.
(c) fight the Monk.
(d) leave town.
2. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
(b) where the body was.
(c) a strange man.
(d) why the burial was so quick.
3. As host, Lord de Guise:
(a) is the first to arrive.
(b) announces the rules of combat.
(c) is absent.
(d) is the last to arrive.
4. What does Nicholas learn from the beggar?
(a) where to find John Lambert.
(c) the Monk left town in the middle of the night.
(d) the Justice is looking for the Monk.
5. How was the strangling of Thomas Wells portrayed:
(a) very realistically.
(b) in dumb stage.
(d) it was only alluded to.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
2. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
3. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
4. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
5. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
2. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
3. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
4. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
5. What information does Stephen learn?
6. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
7. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
8. How do the players perform the play?
9. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
10. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)