|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
(a) was buried alive.
(b) had the plague.
(c) the body was missing.
(d) had no marks on his body.
2. Nicholas decides to:
(a) to flee the town.
(b) have himself excommunicated.
(c) return to his Bishop.
(d) remain a player.
3. What other question is raised in the play?
(a) why was the woman on the road.
(b) why was the boy on the road.
(d) why was the Monk on the road.
4. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
5. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) bruises on the wrist.
(b) bruises on the body.
(c) knife in body.
(d) head smashed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
2. As host, Lord de Guise:
3. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
4. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
5. In the play Nicholas plays the role of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
2. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
3. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
4. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
5. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
6. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
7. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
8. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
9. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
10. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)