|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play Nicholas plays the role of:
(a) Thomas Wells.
(b) the Monk.
(c) Good Counsel and Conscience.
2. What happens to Jane?
(a) she is questioned.
(b) she is hanged.
(c) she is freed from the prison.
(d) she remains in prison.
3. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) discuss details of murder.
(b) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
(c) avoid discussing what has happened.
(d) avoid discussing Jane.
4. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
5. During the play, Nicholas realizes that:
(a) they were doomed to be hanged.
(b) the players made a fatal error.
(c) Lord de Guise was the killer.
(d) it was Lord de Guise who did not want the body seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
2. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
3. How do the players feel before the play?
4. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
5. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
2. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
3. How do the players perform the play?
4. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
5. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
6. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
7. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
8. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
9. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
10. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)