|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
(a) the Sheriff gave permission for the visit.
(b) by paying the jailer.
(c) they accompany John Lambert to visit.
(d) they are refused.
2. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
3. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
(a) how did the Monk know about the woman.
(b) how did the woman know of the purse.
(c) how did the Monk know about the purse.
(d) why was he killed.
4. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) stands there quietly.
(b) walks out of the room.
(c) leads them in prayer.
(d) consoles them.
5. Who was in the audience that shouted out during the play?
(a) Roger True.
(b) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(c) the sheriff.
(d) the Monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
2. What does Nicholas tell Lambert when he says he is a player?
3. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
4. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
5. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens before the conclusion of the performance?
2. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
3. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
4. Nicholas thinks over the events of the last few days. What does he blame for their predicament?
5. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
6. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
7. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
8. What happens in the show when Thomas Wells was portrayed as following the woman to her house?
9. How do the players perform the play?
10. What does examining the body of Thomas Wells reveal?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)