|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
(a) well fed.
2. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
(a) all of their belongings.
(b) their costumes and masks.
(d) as much as they could carry.
3. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
(a) they can't communicate.
(b) they speak together.
(c) through her father.
(d) mime and gesture.
4. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
(a) the Monk.
(b) Lord de Guise
(c) John Lambert.
5. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
(b) the innkeeper.
(c) the King's Justice.
(d) John Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lambert say he is hated:
2. Which of the following things forbidden to clerics was not done by Nicholas?
3. How did the audience appear before the beginning of the performance?
4. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
5. John Lambert is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
2. Where are the players taken when they arrive at the castle?
3. Why do the players feel they are in danger?
4. Why is the audience angry at the players when they learn of the Monk's death?
5. What does Nicholas explain about the Play of Thomas Wells?
6. What does Nicholas feel is Martin's purpose for the play?
7. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
8. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
9. When Martin begins the Prologue to the play, what does he explain to the audience?
10. What kinds of questions does the Justice ask Margaret?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)