|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group arranges burial for Brendan with the:
(c) town priest.
2. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
(a) court jester.
(b) Devil's Fool.
(c) angel of God.
3. Nicholas enters the town:
(a) playing the Devil's Fool.
(b) hiding in the cart.
(c) leading the horse.
(d) dressed as a priest.
4. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
(d) no reaction.
5. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
(a) six days of jousting.
(b) three days of plays.
(c) a religious service.
(d) war games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group do together?
2. What does the group ask Nicholas to do for them?
3. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
4. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
5. What is the cause of the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
2. What does the group learn has happened in the town?
3. How did the players think they would deal with Lord de Guise?
4. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
5. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
6. What do the players do when the steward takes them to Lord de Guise's chamber?
7. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
8. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
9. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
10. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)