|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
(c) a Knight.
(d) the innkeeper.
2. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
(a) to manage their money.
(b) to leave the players.
(c) to play a bigger role.
(d) to go for a walk.
3. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
(a) he doesn't yet.
(b) people walking by applaud their performance.
(c) they tell him.
(d) he sees the costomes and props in the cart.
4. What happens when the men begin to pack their wagon?
(a) the innkeeper asks them to stay.
(b) Martin says he wants to talk to them first.
(c) the jongleurs challenge them to a match.
(d) they decide to watch the jousting tourney.
5. What is Stephen upset about?
(a) Brendan's death.
(b) the murder.
(c) the King's Justice.
(d) low attendance and splitting the proceeds with the innkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the play on the murder?
2. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
3. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
4. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
5. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
2. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
3. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
4. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
5. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
6. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
7. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
8. How do the players announce the new play?
9. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
10. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)