|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
(a) the murder.
(b) the next play.
(c) their travel plans.
(d) Nicholas staying with the players.
2. Before the funeral, Margaret:
(a) leaves the group.
(b) cries for Brendan.
(c) shaves Nicholas' head.
(d) quarrels with Stephen.
3. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
(a) finding out about the boy's death.
(b) hearing the woman's confession.
(c) finding the money.
(d) seeing the woman.
4. The character Tobias functions as the:
5. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
(a) Morality Play.
(b) don't need verse.
(c) written script.
(d) dumb show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
2. What is the purpose of their traveling?
3. Brendan's body:
4. How do the players announce their new play:
5. What does the group do with the body?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
2. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
3. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
4. How do the players learn the story of Thomas Wells?
5. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
6. Where is the group of traveling players traveling to?
7. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
8. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
9. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
10. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)