|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(a) Greek tragedy.
(b) the Play of Adam.
2. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
(a) he gives an order.
(b) he prays.
(c) he expresses his opinion.
(d) he asks for money.
3. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
(a) he sees the costomes and props in the cart.
(b) he doesn't yet.
(c) people walking by applaud their performance.
(d) they tell him.
4. Who changes Brendan's clothing?
5. The character Tobias functions as the:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
2. The man who died was:
3. Where did the group find lodging in the town?
4. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
5. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
2. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
3. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
4. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
5. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
6. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
7. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
8. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
9. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
10. How do the players learn the story of Thomas Wells?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)