|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nicholas leave the woman's house so quickly?
(a) he had to go home.
(b) he had an appointment.
(c) her husband arrived home.
(d) they had a fight.
2. What was the assignment Nicholas walked away from?
(a) aide to a bishop.
(b) secretary to Sir Robert de Brian.
(c) confined to a monastery.
(d) parish priest.
3. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
(a) no one.
(b) the townsmen.
(c) the players.
4. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
(a) one shilling.
(c) two shillings.
(d) two pounds.
5. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
(a) the birth of the lord's son.
(b) a robbery.
(c) the marriage of the lord's daughter.
(d) a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is supposed to happen to Roger True's daughter?
2. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
3. What is Stephen upset about?
4. Roger True, the girl's father is a:
5. What does Nicholas ask the group leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. Some of the players want to leave after the performance but Martin wants to stay. Why?
2. What do Martin and Nicholas learn at the jail?
3. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
4. What do they learn about Lord de Guise?
5. Who does Nicholas decide to see for information?
6. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
7. Why does Nicholas misrepresent himself as a representative of the King's Justice?
8. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
9. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
10. What does Lord de Guise want from the players?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)