|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
(a) angel of God.
(b) Devil's Fool.
(d) court jester.
2. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
(a) to leave the players.
(b) to go for a walk.
(c) to play a bigger role.
(d) to manage their money.
3. What does the group do together?
(a) talk to the Knights.
(b) looks for information.
(c) attends Brendan's funeral.
(d) fought with the jongleurs.
4. Who is the group's patron lord:
(a) the Bishop.
(b) Sir Robert de Brian.
(c) Sir William Percy.
(d) Robert Sandville.
5. Which characters do they feel could be played without words?
(a) Satan and God.
(b) none of them.
(c) the Angel and the Serpent.
(d) Adam and Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
2. What does Martin see as a problem for the players?
3. Which part of the Devil's Fool role can't Nicholas do?
4. How old was Thomas Wells?
5. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
2. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
3. With whom do Martin and Tobias arrange the funeral of Brendan?
4. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
5. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
6. How do the players learn the story of Thomas Wells?
7. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
8. What is the group's decision about doing a play based on the murder?
9. How do the players announce the new play?
10. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)