|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his ability to sing.
(b) his lust.
(c) the distress he has caused his bishop.
(d) his childhood.
2. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) Lord Richard de Guise.
(b) the Earl of March.
(c) Sir Robert de Brian.
(d) the Earl of Nottingham.
3. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
(b) no reaction.
4. Where are the Knights riding to?
(a) the inn.
(b) the jousting tourney.
(c) their own lord.
5. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
(b) angel of God.
(c) court jester.
(d) Devil's Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. The expenses of the group are paid:
2. What are the group's plans for the town they are entering?
3. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
4. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
5. How does the group earn their money:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
2. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
3. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
4. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
5. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
6. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
7. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
8. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
9. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
10. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)