|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
(a) six days of jousting.
(b) three days of plays.
(c) war games.
(d) a religious service.
2. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) a hard worker.
(b) good to the boy.
(c) a drunk who beat the boy.
(d) gone from the area.
3. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his ability to sing.
(b) his childhood.
(c) his lust.
(d) the distress he has caused his bishop.
4. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
(a) Morality Play.
(b) written script.
(c) don't need verse.
(d) dumb show.
5. What is the cause of the fight?
(a) the cost of entry of the performance.
(b) the use of the barn.
(d) the use of space in the inn yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
2. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
3. What does the group ask Nicholas to do for them?
4. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
5. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
2. How does the group travel?
3. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
4. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
5. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
6. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
7. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
8. What do the players discuss after the performance?
9. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
10. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)