Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the group's patron lord:
(a) Sir William Percy.
(b) Robert Sandville.
(c) the Bishop.
(d) Sir Robert de Brian.
2. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
(a) the gravedigger.
(b) the jongleurs.
(c) the Monk.
(d) the Knight.
3. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
4. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
(a) the cost of admission is too high.
(b) they want more movement.
(c) they are bored by the play.
(d) they know how they story ends.
5. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) good to the boy.
(b) a hard worker.
(c) a drunk who beat the boy.
(d) gone from the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
2. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
3. As they travel, Martin teaches Nicholas:
4. Which character had his thumb severed?
5. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
2. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the castle?
3. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
4. Why did Nicholas ask to join the group?
5. What happened to Stephen's thumb?
6. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
7. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
8. How did Martin error and how did he correct his error?
9. What are the players allowed to bring to the castle?
10. What happens when Nicholas is sent to give Last Rites to the dying Knight?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)