|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas learn from the character Straw?
(a) the song he is to sing.
2. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
(a) he doesn't yet.
(b) people walking by applaud their performance.
(c) they tell him.
(d) he sees the costomes and props in the cart.
3. What does the group do together?
(a) attends Brendan's funeral.
(b) looks for information.
(c) talk to the Knights.
(d) fought with the jongleurs.
4. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
(a) written script.
(b) don't need verse.
(c) dumb show.
(d) Morality Play.
5. Where does the group plan to perform?
(a) the town theater.
(b) the yard of the inn.
(c) behind the church.
(d) the town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. The group decides they will:
2. Brendan's body:
3. Where are the Knights riding to?
4. Why wouldn't the innkeeper haggle over the price of the accommodations?
5. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
2. What does Martin feel are problems for the players?
3. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
4. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
5. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
6. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
7. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
8. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
9. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
10. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)