|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters do they feel could be played without words?
(a) none of them.
(b) the Angel and the Serpent.
(c) Satan and God.
(d) Adam and Eve.
2. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
(a) to play a bigger role.
(b) to leave the players.
(c) to manage their money.
(d) to go for a walk.
3. What does Martin propose?
(a) they do a play based on the murder.
(b) they return to their patron lord.
(d) they break up the group.
4. At first, Nicholas thought the group of people were:
5. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his lust.
(b) his childhood.
(c) his ability to sing.
(d) the distress he has caused his bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is supposed to happen to Roger True's daughter?
2. Why wouldn't the innkeeper haggle over the price of the accommodations?
3. The character Tobias functions as the:
4. Thomas Wells died by:
5. What is Stephen upset about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
2. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
3. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
4. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
5. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
6. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
7. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
8. How do the players announce the new play?
9. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
10. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)