|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas committed adultery for:
2. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
(a) no reaction.
3. Which part of the Devil's Fool role can't Nicholas do?
(c) hand activities.
4. Before the funeral, Margaret:
(a) quarrels with Stephen.
(b) leaves the group.
(c) cries for Brendan.
(d) shaves Nicholas' head.
5. What is the occupation of Nicholas Barber?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
2. What is Stephen upset about?
3. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
4. Where are the Knights riding to?
5. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
2. What do the players discuss after the performance?
3. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
4. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
5. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
6. What does the group find strange about the circumstances surrounding Thomas Wells' death?
7. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
8. What does the group learn has happened in the town?
9. Why does Martin linger after Brendan's funeral?
10. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)