|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have all plays been based on?
(a) the Bible.
(c) real life events.
2. What happens when the men begin to pack their wagon?
(a) Martin says he wants to talk to them first.
(b) they decide to watch the jousting tourney.
(c) the jongleurs challenge them to a match.
(d) the innkeeper asks them to stay.
3. What does the group ask Nicholas to do for them?
4. The character Tobias functions as the:
5. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
(a) the jongleurs.
(b) the gravedigger.
(c) the Monk.
(d) the Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the players announce their new play:
2. Who is the lord of the town?
3. What does Martin compare players to?
4. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
5. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
2. Where is the group of traveling players traveling to?
3. What does the innkeeper demand that angers Stephen?
4. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
5. What does the group learn is going to take place in the next six days?
6. Why does the group have money problems as they travel?
7. What problem does the group have securing their lodging?
8. Why do the players at first object to doing a play about a real life event?
9. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
10. Why does Stephen get into a fight with the jongleurs?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)