|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks up the fight and settles the issue?
(a) the sheriff.
(b) a Knight.
(c) the King's Justice.
(d) the innkeeper.
2. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) the Earl of March.
(b) the Earl of Nottingham.
(c) Sir Robert de Brian.
(d) Lord Richard de Guise.
3. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
(a) to play a bigger role.
(b) to go for a walk.
(c) to manage their money.
(d) to leave the players.
4. The group decides to:
(a) to leave the priest behind.
(b) to pray for Brandon.
(c) accept Nicholas in Brandon's place.
(d) to report the priest.
5. His mother gave Thomas Wells the money and sent him home so:
(a) Thomas stole it from her.
(b) her man wouldn't spend it on ale.
(c) it was becoming late.
(d) Thomas wanted money for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas committed adultery for:
2. As they travel, Martin teaches Nicholas:
3. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
4. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
5. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the duties to which the Bishop had assigned Nicholas?
2. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
3. What does the group learn has happened in the town?
4. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
5. What do the players discuss after the performance?
6. What was Nicholas fleeing from when he saw the group of people?
7. Why does the group decide to take Brendan's body with them?
8. How do the players learn the story of Thomas Wells?
9. How does Nicholas feel about his performance?
10. Why was Thomas Wells wandering around with a purse full of money?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)