|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martin relate the murder to the Bible?
(c) Cain and Abel.
(d) Adam and Eve.
2. Who turned in Roger True's daughter?
(a) a Benedictine monk.
(b) the innkeeper.
(c) her father.
(d) a shopkeeper.
3. Nicholas committed adultery for:
4. What is the purpose of their traveling?
(a) to find food for the winter.
(b) to perform a Christmas play for their lady's coursin.
(c) to deliver a message.
(d) to earn money.
5. How does the group earn their money:
(a) by begging.
(b) by doing odd jobs.
(c) by stealing.
(d) they receive wages from their lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
2. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
3. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
4. The character Tobias functions as the:
5. Why did Nicholas leave the woman's house so quickly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of the Play of Adam?
2. What does Nicholas learn as they travel?
3. How do the players announce the new play?
4. How do the players learn the story of Thomas Wells?
5. How does Nicholas cause distress to his Bishop?
6. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
7. What does Nicholas see the group of people do?
8. Why is Nicholas so pleased with himself?
9. Why does Martin stop the players from packing the cart?
10. Why do the traveling players accept Nicholas?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)