|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
(a) the Monk.
(c) Lord de Guise
(d) John Lambert.
2. Who is dying?
(a) a household servant.
(c) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
3. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) how did the Monk die.
(b) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(c) freedom for Jane.
(d) questioning the other monks.
4. As host, Lord de Guise:
(a) is the last to arrive.
(b) is the first to arrive.
(c) announces the rules of combat.
(d) is absent.
5. What do they learn in the middle of the performance?
(a) Jane is freed.
(b) the Monk is dead.
(c) the Monk has confessed.
(d) Jane has been hanged.
6. John Lambert is:
(a) a shop keeper.
(b) a tavern owner.
(c) a weaver.
(d) an employee at the inn.
7. How do the players feel before the play?
8. What did Springer and Straw learn at the castle?
(b) there is no interest in the case.
(c) there is a great deal of concern about a miscarriage of justice.
(d) they support the woman.
9. Lambert tells Nicholas that:
(a) the money was hidden in the kitchen.
(c) his daughter hid the money in her room.
(d) the Monk didn't find money in the house.
10. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) walks out of the room.
(b) consoles them.
(c) stands there quietly.
(d) leads them in prayer.
11. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
(a) the innkeeper.
(b) the King's Justice.
(d) John Lambert.
12. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
(a) returns to the room where they were staying.
(b) returns to Lord de Guise's chamber.
(c) waits outside for his escort.
(d) escapes from the castle.
13. What did the players decide to offer to Lord de Guise?
(a) their help in the investigation.
(c) their apologies.
(d) Christmas plays.
14. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
(a) she is going to live with Flint.
(b) she gave information against the players.
(c) she stole the money of the players.
(d) She iscrying for Stephen.
15. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) head smashed.
(b) bruises on the wrist.
(c) bruises on the body.
(d) knife in body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do during the day?
2. What does Nicholas learn from the beggar?
3. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
4. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
5. The play is ended by:
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)