|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lambert tells Nicholas that:
(a) the Monk didn't find money in the house.
(c) his daughter hid the money in her room.
(d) the money was hidden in the kitchen.
2. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
(a) the sheriff.
(b) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(c) the innkeeper.
(d) the Justice.
3. Nicholas is wearing:
(a) beggar's clothing.
(b) ordinary clothing.
(c) a cloak from the player's costumes.
(d) his priestly habit.
4. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
(a) talking about the need to save Jane.
(b) discussing the information they made known.
(c) relying on the leadership of Nicholas.
(d) saying it is an honor for the Lord to bring them to his castle.
5. Why was the Justice come to the town?
(a) for the jousting tourney.
(b) he is investigating Lord de Guise.
(c) to investigate the murder of Thomas Wells.
(d) he is just passing throutgh.
6. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
(a) stand quietly.
(b) explore their surroundings.
(c) talk of what they will say.
(d) taunt the steward.
7. The players implicate:
(a) the Weaver.
(b) the Monk.
(c) the Lord.
(d) the girl.
8. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
(a) more than they ever earned from one play.
(b) about average.
(d) the same as the last play.
9. What happens to Jane?
(a) she is freed from the prison.
(b) she is questioned.
(c) she remains in prison.
(d) she is hanged.
10. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
(a) lure highway robbers.
(b) implicate the Weaver.
(c) lure the girl.
(d) tempt the Monk.
11. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a representative of the Sheriff.
(b) a dirty old man.
(c) a good man.
(d) the servant of the Antichrist.
12. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) head smashed.
(b) bruises on the body.
(c) knife in body.
(d) bruises on the wrist.
13. What does Nicholas learn from the beggar?
(a) the Justice is looking for the Monk.
(b) where to find John Lambert.
(c) the Monk left town in the middle of the night.
14. As host, Lord de Guise:
(a) is the first to arrive.
(b) is the last to arrive.
(c) is absent.
(d) announces the rules of combat.
15. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
(b) he has no opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
2. The play is ended by:
3. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
4. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
5. According to Springer, who was traveling on the road on the day of the murder?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)