|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin raises the issue of:
(a) the condition of Lord William.
(b) the innocence of Jane.
(c) five boys missing.
(d) the story of the beggar.
2. What do they learn in the middle of the performance?
(a) the Monk has confessed.
(b) Jane has been hanged.
(c) the Monk is dead.
(d) Jane is freed.
3. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) walking with the Monk.
(b) running from the Sheriff.
(c) running from the woman.
(d) following the woman.
4. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
5. What did Springer and Straw learn at the castle?
(a) there is no interest in the case.
(b) they support the woman.
(d) there is a great deal of concern about a miscarriage of justice.
6. While walking to the chamber of the lord, they recognize the smell of:
(b) cow dung.
(c) a decomposing body.
(d) the plague.
7. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
(a) the play was written in London.
(b) the play is not finished and has been postponed.
(c) the play is based on Cain and Abel.
(d) the play is the play of their town.
8. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
(a) they feel they are in danger from the real murderer.
(b) they decide to stay.
(c) they can't find new information.
(d) they disagree on the details of the case.
9. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) walks out of the room.
(b) leads them in prayer.
(c) consoles them.
(d) stands there quietly.
10. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
(a) the corruption of the innkeeper.
(b) their true identifies.
(c) the sources of their information.
(d) the nature of Lord William.
11. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
(a) tempt the Monk.
(b) lure the girl.
(c) implicate the Weaver.
(d) lure highway robbers.
12. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
(a) all of their belongings.
(c) as much as they could carry.
(d) their costumes and masks.
13. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
(a) the girl will be freed.
(b) Nicholas will not be harmed.
(c) he will try Lord de Guise.
(d) qhe will hold an inquiry.
14. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
(a) saying it is an honor for the Lord to bring them to his castle.
(b) discussing the information they made known.
(c) relying on the leadership of Nicholas.
(d) talking about the need to save Jane.
15. What do they rind in the chamber:
(d) their costumes and masks.
Short Answer Questions
1. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
2. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
3. In the play Nicholas plays the role of:
4. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
5. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)