|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had the players mentioned by name in their play?
(a) Lord William.
(b) no one.
(c) Flint, the Lord's steward.
(d) Lord de Guise.
2. Lord de Guise wants:
(a) the girl freed.
(b) the players to leave his domain.
(c) the girl killed.
(d) to see the play of the murder.
3. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
(a) standing up when they passed.
(c) by throwing scarves and sleeves.
(d) throwing roses.
4. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
(a) how did the Monk know about the woman.
(b) how did the woman know of the purse.
(c) why was he killed.
(d) how did the Monk know about the purse.
5. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) consoles them.
(b) walks out of the room.
(c) stands there quietly.
(d) leads them in prayer.
6. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
(a) qhe will hold an inquiry.
(b) the girl will be freed.
(c) he will try Lord de Guise.
(d) Nicholas will not be harmed.
7. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
(a) Martin gave up on saving the girl.
(b) Martin deserted the group.
(c) Martin was the cause of their problem.
(d) that Martin was stricken with love for the girl.
8. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
(a) the castle.
(b) the grave yard.
(c) the roadside.
(d) the church.
9. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
(a) all of their belongings.
(c) as much as they could carry.
(d) their costumes and masks.
10. What other question is raised in the play?
(b) why was the Monk on the road.
(c) why was the boy on the road.
(d) why was the woman on the road.
11. Who is dying?
(b) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
(c) a household servant.
12. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
(a) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(b) the Justice.
(c) the innkeeper.
(d) the sheriff.
13. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
(a) they feel they are in danger from the real murderer.
(b) they disagree on the details of the case.
(c) they can't find new information.
(d) they decide to stay.
14. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
(a) to the dungeon.
(b) to the guest quarters.
(c) directly to the Lord.
(d) to a locked area with a window.
15. The son of the lord, William:
(a) is boasting of setting up the woman.
(b) is demented.
(c) roams the village.
(d) has been locked in his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. The players implicate:
2. What does Martin want to do?
3. What affliction does Jane suffer from:
4. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
5. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)