|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(b) freedom for Jane.
(c) how did the Monk die.
(d) questioning the other monks.
2. What do they rind in the chamber:
(c) their costumes and masks.
3. Who had the players mentioned by name in their play?
(a) no one.
(b) Flint, the Lord's steward.
(c) Lord de Guise.
(d) Lord William.
4. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
(a) a blast of trupmpets.
(b) the guard told them.
(c) voices in the courtyard.
(d) they saw the horses.
5. The players implicate:
(a) the Weaver.
(b) the Lord.
(c) the Monk.
(d) the girl.
6. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
(a) she stole the money of the players.
(b) She iscrying for Stephen.
(c) she gave information against the players.
(d) she is going to live with Flint.
7. How do the players feel before the play?
8. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
(b) the girl.
(c) Lord William.
(d) the Monk.
9. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) discuss details of murder.
(b) avoid discussing what has happened.
(c) avoid discussing Jane.
(d) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
10. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
(a) Nicholas will not be harmed.
(b) qhe will hold an inquiry.
(c) the girl will be freed.
(d) he will try Lord de Guise.
11. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) walking with the Monk.
(b) running from the Sheriff.
(c) running from the woman.
(d) following the woman.
12. What other question is raised in the play?
(b) why was the woman on the road.
(c) why was the boy on the road.
(d) why was the Monk on the road.
13. Who was in the audience that shouted out during the play?
(a) the sheriff.
(b) the Monk.
(c) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(d) Roger True.
14. Lambert tells Nicholas that:
(a) the Monk didn't find money in the house.
(c) his daughter hid the money in her room.
(d) the money was hidden in the kitchen.
15. Nicholas represents himself to John Lambert as:
(a) a priest.
(b) a beggar.
(c) a representative of the King's Justice.
(d) a representative of the Monk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord de Guise wants:
2. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
3. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
4. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
5. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)