|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the players feel before the play?
2. During the play, Nicholas realizes that:
(a) it was Lord de Guise who did not want the body seen.
(b) they were doomed to be hanged.
(c) the players made a fatal error.
(d) Lord de Guise was the killer.
3. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
(a) how did the Monk know about the woman.
(b) how did the Monk know about the purse.
(c) why was he killed.
(d) how did the woman know of the purse.
4. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
(a) says it is time for dinner.
(b) wants to see the play.
(c) asks for the priest.
(d) says her father has visitors.
5. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
6. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
(a) by throwing scarves and sleeves.
(c) standing up when they passed.
(d) throwing roses.
7. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
(a) the body was missing.
(b) had no marks on his body.
(c) was buried alive.
(d) had the plague.
8. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) walks out of the room.
(b) consoles them.
(c) leads them in prayer.
(d) stands there quietly.
9. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
(a) the play is not finished and has been postponed.
(b) the play is the play of their town.
(c) the play is based on Cain and Abel.
(d) the play was written in London.
10. Nicholas decides to:
(a) have himself excommunicated.
(b) remain a player.
(c) to flee the town.
(d) return to his Bishop.
11. According to Springer, who was traveling on the road on the day of the murder?
(a) Lord de Guise.
(b) the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(d) John Lambert.
12. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) following the woman.
(b) walking with the Monk.
(c) running from the Sheriff.
(d) running from the woman.
13. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
(b) the same as the last play.
(c) more than they ever earned from one play.
(d) about average.
14. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
(a) to the guest quarters.
(b) to the dungeon.
(c) to a locked area with a window.
(d) directly to the Lord.
15. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
(a) escapes from the castle.
(b) returns to Lord de Guise's chamber.
(c) waits outside for his escort.
(d) returns to the room where they were staying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
2. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
3. As host, Lord de Guise:
4. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
5. What other question is raised in the play?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)