|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the players feel before the play?
2. How does Stephen arrive for the play's performance?
(c) he doesn't show for the performance.
3. Martin and Nicholas learn that two other prisoners are imprisoned for:
(b) accepting jobs with higher wages than Lord de Guise paid.
4. How was the strangling of Thomas Wells portrayed:
(b) very realistically.
(c) it was only alluded to.
(d) in dumb stage.
5. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
(a) the Monk killed Thomas Wells.
(b) the Monk was not involved.
(c) the Monk informed.
(d) the Monk procured the boys.
6. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) following the woman.
(b) running from the woman.
(c) running from the Sheriff.
(d) walking with the Monk.
7. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a representative of the Sheriff.
(b) the servant of the Antichrist.
(c) a dirty old man.
(d) a good man.
8. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
9. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) discuss details of murder.
(b) avoid discussing Jane.
(c) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
(d) avoid discussing what has happened.
10. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
(a) the play is based on Cain and Abel.
(b) the play was written in London.
(c) the play is the play of their town.
(d) the play is not finished and has been postponed.
11. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
(a) the body was missing.
(b) had no marks on his body.
(c) was buried alive.
(d) had the plague.
12. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) knife in body.
(b) bruises on the wrist.
(c) bruises on the body.
(d) head smashed.
13. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
(a) wants to see the play.
(b) asks for the priest.
(c) says her father has visitors.
(d) says it is time for dinner.
14. Who is dying?
(b) a household servant.
(d) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
15. What other question is raised in the play?
(a) why was the boy on the road.
(b) why was the Monk on the road.
(c) why was the woman on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
2. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
3. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
4. Lord de Guise wants:
5. What happens to Jane?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)