Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
(a) mime and gesture.
(b) they can't communicate.
(c) they speak together.
(d) through her father.
2. During the play, Nicholas realizes that:
(a) it was Lord de Guise who did not want the body seen.
(b) Lord de Guise was the killer.
(c) the players made a fatal error.
(d) they were doomed to be hanged.
3. The play is ended by:
(a) Margaret screaming.
(b) Tobias fleeing from the stage.
(c) Lord de Guise's men surrounding the players.
(d) Martin being killed.
4. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
(a) voices in the courtyard.
(b) a blast of trupmpets.
(c) they saw the horses.
(d) the guard told them.
5. Why was the Justice come to the town?
(a) for the jousting tourney.
(b) he is just passing throutgh.
(c) to investigate the murder of Thomas Wells.
(d) he is investigating Lord de Guise.
6. Who is dying?
(c) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
(d) a household servant.
7. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
8. What does Nicholas tell Lambert when he says he is a player?
(a) the King's Justice wants more information.
(b) the players don't believe the Monk's story.
(c) the truth can be made known in a play about the murder.
(d) the people of the town are interested.
9. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
(a) the Sheriff gave permission for the visit.
(b) they are refused.
(c) they accompany John Lambert to visit.
(d) by paying the jailer.
10. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
(a) relying on the leadership of Nicholas.
(b) discussing the information they made known.
(c) saying it is an honor for the Lord to bring them to his castle.
(d) talking about the need to save Jane.
11. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
(a) he will try Lord de Guise.
(b) the girl will be freed.
(c) Nicholas will not be harmed.
(d) qhe will hold an inquiry.
12. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
(a) the grave yard.
(b) the church.
(c) the castle.
(d) the roadside.
13. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
(a) the Monk.
(c) John Lambert.
(d) Lord de Guise
14. Nicholas notes that as the play beings:
(a) the is a strange light.
(b) the audience booed.
(c) the innkeeper asked them to leave.
(d) the players were concerned about the sheriff.
15. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
(a) they can't find new information.
(b) they feel they are in danger from the real murderer.
(c) they decide to stay.
(d) they disagree on the details of the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
2. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
3. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
4. What happens to Jane?
5. What does Lord de Guise have with him?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)