|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the audience appear before the beginning of the performance?
2. What do they learn in the middle of the performance?
(a) the Monk is dead.
(b) Jane is freed.
(c) the Monk has confessed.
(d) Jane has been hanged.
3. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) how did the Monk die.
(b) freedom for Jane.
(c) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(d) questioning the other monks.
4. Nicholas notes that as the play beings:
(a) the players were concerned about the sheriff.
(b) the audience booed.
(c) the is a strange light.
(d) the innkeeper asked them to leave.
5. What does Martin want to do?
(a) fight the Monk.
(b) leave town.
(d) save the girl.
6. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
7. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
(a) discussing the information they made known.
(b) saying it is an honor for the Lord to bring them to his castle.
(c) relying on the leadership of Nicholas.
(d) talking about the need to save Jane.
8. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
(a) he wasn't sick enough.
(b) the man was already dead.
(c) he could not repent his sins.
(d) he couldn't bring himself to do it.
9. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
(a) John Lambert.
(c) the King's Justice.
(d) the innkeeper.
10. What did the players decide to offer to Lord de Guise?
(a) Christmas plays.
(c) their help in the investigation.
(d) their apologies.
11. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
(a) stand quietly.
(b) explore their surroundings.
(c) taunt the steward.
(d) talk of what they will say.
12. What do they do during the day?
(a) make up alibis.
(b) practice their performance.
(c) watch the jousting match from the window.
13. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
(a) the girl will be freed.
(b) Nicholas will not be harmed.
(c) qhe will hold an inquiry.
(d) he will try Lord de Guise.
14. How do the players feel before the play?
15. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
(b) his Bishop.
(c) the events of the last few days that brought them to this point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
2. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
3. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
4. The players implicate:
5. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)