|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As host, Lord de Guise:
(a) is absent.
(b) is the first to arrive.
(c) announces the rules of combat.
(d) is the last to arrive.
2. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) following the woman.
(b) walking with the Monk.
(c) running from the woman.
(d) running from the Sheriff.
3. What did Springer and Straw learn at the castle?
(a) they support the woman.
(c) there is no interest in the case.
(d) there is a great deal of concern about a miscarriage of justice.
4. While walking to the chamber of the lord, they recognize the smell of:
(b) the plague.
(c) cow dung.
(d) a decomposing body.
5. Lord de Guise wants:
(a) to see the play of the murder.
(b) the players to leave his domain.
(c) the girl killed.
(d) the girl freed.
6. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
(a) says her father has visitors.
(b) says it is time for dinner.
(c) wants to see the play.
(d) asks for the priest.
7. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
(a) he could not repent his sins.
(b) the man was already dead.
(c) he wasn't sick enough.
(d) he couldn't bring himself to do it.
8. Who plays the role of Thomas Wells in the play:
9. Martin raises the issue of:
(a) five boys missing.
(b) the condition of Lord William.
(c) the story of the beggar.
(d) the innocence of Jane.
10. What do they do during the day?
(a) make up alibis.
(c) watch the jousting match from the window.
(d) practice their performance.
11. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
(a) the castle.
(b) the grave yard.
(c) the roadside.
(d) the church.
12. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
(a) the corruption of the innkeeper.
(b) the sources of their information.
(c) the nature of Lord William.
(d) their true identifies.
13. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
(a) leaves the town.
(b) goes to the house or John Lambert.
(c) goes to the inn.
(d) goes to the church.
14. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
(a) the Monk informed.
(b) the Monk killed Thomas Wells.
(c) the Monk was not involved.
(d) the Monk procured the boys.
15. The son of the lord, William:
(a) roams the village.
(b) is demented.
(c) has been locked in his room.
(d) is boasting of setting up the woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction does Jane suffer from:
2. The play is ended by:
3. What do they rind in the chamber:
4. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
5. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)