|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
(a) talking about the need to save Jane.
(b) saying it is an honor for the Lord to bring them to his castle.
(c) relying on the leadership of Nicholas.
(d) discussing the information they made known.
2. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
(a) they disagree on the details of the case.
(b) they can't find new information.
(c) they decide to stay.
(d) they feel they are in danger from the real murderer.
3. As host, Lord de Guise:
(a) is the first to arrive.
(b) announces the rules of combat.
(c) is absent.
(d) is the last to arrive.
4. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
(a) a blast of trupmpets.
(b) the guard told them.
(c) voices in the courtyard.
(d) they saw the horses.
5. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
(a) standing up when they passed.
(c) by throwing scarves and sleeves.
(d) throwing roses.
6. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
(a) the play is not finished and has been postponed.
(b) the play is based on Cain and Abel.
(c) the play is the play of their town.
(d) the play was written in London.
7. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
(a) the events of the last few days that brought them to this point.
(c) his Bishop.
8. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
(a) Lord William.
(c) the Monk.
(d) the girl.
9. Why does Lambert say he is hated:
(a) he refuses to work for the Monk.
(b) he doesn't know why.
(c) he is poor.
(d) he travels around speaking against the rich and priests.
10. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) avoid discussing Jane.
(b) avoid discussing what has happened.
(c) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
(d) discuss details of murder.
11. In the play Nicholas plays the role of:
(a) the Monk.
(b) Thomas Wells.
(d) Good Counsel and Conscience.
12. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
(a) they can't communicate.
(b) mime and gesture.
(c) through her father.
(d) they speak together.
13. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
(a) says her father has visitors.
(b) says it is time for dinner.
(c) wants to see the play.
(d) asks for the priest.
14. Nicholas represents himself to John Lambert as:
(a) a representative of the King's Justice.
(b) a representative of the Monk.
(c) a priest.
(d) a beggar.
15. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
(a) a strange man.
(b) why the burial was so quick.
(d) where the body was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they rind in the chamber:
2. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
3. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
4. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
5. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)