|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play Nicholas plays the role of:
(b) the Monk.
(c) Thomas Wells.
(d) Good Counsel and Conscience.
2. The son of the lord, William:
(a) roams the village.
(b) has been locked in his room.
(c) is demented.
(d) is boasting of setting up the woman.
3. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(b) how did the Monk die.
(c) freedom for Jane.
(d) questioning the other monks.
4. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
(b) well fed.
5. What does Martin want to do?
(a) leave town.
(c) fight the Monk.
(d) save the girl.
6. What do they do during the day?
(a) watch the jousting match from the window.
(c) make up alibis.
(d) practice their performance.
7. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) leads them in prayer.
(b) walks out of the room.
(c) stands there quietly.
(d) consoles them.
8. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
(a) Martin was the cause of their problem.
(b) that Martin was stricken with love for the girl.
(c) Martin gave up on saving the girl.
(d) Martin deserted the group.
9. The players implicate:
(a) the Weaver.
(b) the Monk.
(c) the Lord.
(d) the girl.
10. Martin and Nicholas learn that two other prisoners are imprisoned for:
(b) accepting jobs with higher wages than Lord de Guise paid.
11. Nicholas is wearing:
(a) ordinary clothing.
(b) beggar's clothing.
(c) a cloak from the player's costumes.
(d) his priestly habit.
12. What other question is raised in the play?
(a) why was the Monk on the road.
(b) why was the boy on the road.
(c) why was the woman on the road.
13. Why was the Justice come to the town?
(a) he is just passing throutgh.
(b) to investigate the murder of Thomas Wells.
(c) he is investigating Lord de Guise.
(d) for the jousting tourney.
14. What question does Lambert ask Nicholas:
(a) what is the name of the Justice.
(b) what does the Justice want.
(c) what does the Monk want.
(d) why is Nicholas lying.
15. How did the audience appear before the beginning of the performance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
2. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
3. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
4. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
5. During the play, Nicholas realizes that:
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)