|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As host, Lord de Guise:
(a) announces the rules of combat.
(b) is the last to arrive.
(c) is the first to arrive.
(d) is absent.
2. Who plays the role of Thomas Wells in the play:
3. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
(b) their costumes and masks.
(c) all of their belongings.
(d) as much as they could carry.
4. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
5. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
(a) he could not repent his sins.
(b) the man was already dead.
(c) he wasn't sick enough.
(d) he couldn't bring himself to do it.
6. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) avoid discussing Jane.
(b) avoid discussing what has happened.
(c) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
(d) discuss details of murder.
7. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) bruises on the body.
(b) bruises on the wrist.
(c) head smashed.
(d) knife in body.
8. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
(a) Lord William.
(b) the Monk.
(c) the girl.
9. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a representative of the Sheriff.
(b) the servant of the Antichrist.
(c) a dirty old man.
(d) a good man.
10. What did Springer and Straw learn at the castle?
(a) they support the woman.
(b) there is a great deal of concern about a miscarriage of justice.
(d) there is no interest in the case.
11. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
(a) the Monk procured the boys.
(b) the Monk informed.
(c) the Monk was not involved.
(d) the Monk killed Thomas Wells.
12. How was the strangling of Thomas Wells portrayed:
(a) it was only alluded to.
(b) in dumb stage.
(c) very realistically.
13. Lambert tells Nicholas that:
(b) his daughter hid the money in her room.
(c) the Monk didn't find money in the house.
(d) the money was hidden in the kitchen.
14. How do the players feel before the play?
15. Why does Lambert say he is hated:
(a) he doesn't know why.
(b) he refuses to work for the Monk.
(c) he is poor.
(d) he travels around speaking against the rich and priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
2. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
3. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
4. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
5. Who does Nicholas tell his story to:
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)