|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
(a) his Bishop.
(b) the events of the last few days that brought them to this point.
2. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) consoles them.
(b) leads them in prayer.
(c) walks out of the room.
(d) stands there quietly.
3. What do they learn in the middle of the performance?
(a) Jane is freed.
(b) the Monk has confessed.
(c) Jane has been hanged.
(d) the Monk is dead.
4. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
(a) John Lambert.
(b) the Monk.
(d) Lord de Guise
5. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
(a) qhe will hold an inquiry.
(b) the girl will be freed.
(c) Nicholas will not be harmed.
(d) he will try Lord de Guise.
6. Martin raises the issue of:
(a) five boys missing.
(b) the story of the beggar.
(c) the innocence of Jane.
(d) the condition of Lord William.
7. The players implicate:
(a) the Monk.
(b) the Weaver.
(c) the girl.
(d) the Lord.
8. What happens to Jane?
(a) she is freed from the prison.
(b) she remains in prison.
(c) she is hanged.
(d) she is questioned.
9. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
(a) talk of what they will say.
(b) explore their surroundings.
(c) stand quietly.
(d) taunt the steward.
10. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(b) how did the Monk die.
(c) freedom for Jane.
(d) questioning the other monks.
11. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
(a) why the burial was so quick.
(c) a strange man.
(d) where the body was.
12. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
(a) was buried alive.
(b) had the plague.
(c) the body was missing.
(d) had no marks on his body.
13. Which of the following things forbidden to clerics was not done by Nicholas?
(a) outside the diocese without permission.
(b) joining the traveling players.
(c) sang in taverns.
14. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) running from the woman.
(b) running from the Sheriff.
(c) following the woman.
(d) walking with the Monk.
15. Who was in the audience that shouted out during the play?
(a) the sheriff.
(b) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(c) the Monk.
(d) Roger True.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
2. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
3. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
4. What do they rind in the chamber:
5. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)