|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
(b) he has no opinion.
2. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
(a) Martin deserted the group.
(b) Martin was the cause of their problem.
(c) Martin gave up on saving the girl.
(d) that Martin was stricken with love for the girl.
3. Nicholas is wearing:
(a) a cloak from the player's costumes.
(b) ordinary clothing.
(c) beggar's clothing.
(d) his priestly habit.
4. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) freedom for Jane.
(b) questioning the other monks.
(c) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(d) how did the Monk die.
5. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
(a) goes to the inn.
(b) goes to the church.
(c) leaves the town.
(d) goes to the house or John Lambert.
6. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
(a) they accompany John Lambert to visit.
(b) by paying the jailer.
(c) the Sheriff gave permission for the visit.
(d) they are refused.
7. What question does Lambert ask Nicholas:
(a) what does the Monk want.
(b) what does the Justice want.
(c) why is Nicholas lying.
(d) what is the name of the Justice.
8. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) stands there quietly.
(b) walks out of the room.
(c) leads them in prayer.
(d) consoles them.
9. Who plays the role of Thomas Wells in the play:
10. What do they do during the day?
(a) make up alibis.
(b) watch the jousting match from the window.
(c) practice their performance.
11. Nicholas notes that as the play beings:
(a) the is a strange light.
(b) the players were concerned about the sheriff.
(c) the innkeeper asked them to leave.
(d) the audience booed.
12. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
(a) says it is time for dinner.
(b) wants to see the play.
(c) asks for the priest.
(d) says her father has visitors.
13. Lord de Guise wants:
(a) the players to leave his domain.
(b) to see the play of the murder.
(c) the girl killed.
(d) the girl freed.
14. In the play Nicholas plays the role of:
(a) the Monk.
(b) Good Counsel and Conscience.
(d) Thomas Wells.
15. Why was the Justice come to the town?
(a) for the jousting tourney.
(b) he is just passing throutgh.
(c) he is investigating Lord de Guise.
(d) to investigate the murder of Thomas Wells.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
2. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
3. What does Lord de Guise have with him?
4. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
5. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)