|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As host, Lord de Guise:
(a) is absent.
(b) announces the rules of combat.
(c) is the last to arrive.
(d) is the first to arrive.
2. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
3. What do they learn in the middle of the performance?
(a) Jane has been hanged.
(b) the Monk is dead.
(c) the Monk has confessed.
(d) Jane is freed.
4. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
(a) the corruption of the innkeeper.
(b) the nature of Lord William.
(c) their true identifies.
(d) the sources of their information.
5. Nicholas notes that as the play beings:
(a) the is a strange light.
(b) the players were concerned about the sheriff.
(c) the audience booed.
(d) the innkeeper asked them to leave.
6. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
(a) she is going to live with Flint.
(b) she gave information against the players.
(c) She iscrying for Stephen.
(d) she stole the money of the players.
7. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
(a) he couldn't bring himself to do it.
(b) the man was already dead.
(c) he could not repent his sins.
(d) he wasn't sick enough.
8. Nicholas is wearing:
(a) beggar's clothing.
(b) his priestly habit.
(c) ordinary clothing.
(d) a cloak from the player's costumes.
9. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
(a) to a locked area with a window.
(b) to the dungeon.
(c) directly to the Lord.
(d) to the guest quarters.
10. Martin raises the issue of:
(a) the condition of Lord William.
(b) the story of the beggar.
(c) five boys missing.
(d) the innocence of Jane.
11. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a dirty old man.
(b) a good man.
(c) a representative of the Sheriff.
(d) the servant of the Antichrist.
12. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
(d) well fed.
13. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
(a) by paying the jailer.
(b) they accompany John Lambert to visit.
(c) the Sheriff gave permission for the visit.
(d) they are refused.
14. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) walks out of the room.
(b) stands there quietly.
(c) consoles them.
(d) leads them in prayer.
15. Nicholas represents himself to John Lambert as:
(a) a representative of the King's Justice.
(b) a priest.
(c) a representative of the Monk.
(d) a beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
2. The son of the lord, William:
3. What affliction does Jane suffer from:
4. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
5. The players implicate:
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)