|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
(a) waits outside for his escort.
(b) escapes from the castle.
(c) returns to the room where they were staying.
(d) returns to Lord de Guise's chamber.
2. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
(d) he has no opinion.
3. How was the strangling of Thomas Wells portrayed:
(b) it was only alluded to.
(c) in dumb stage.
(d) very realistically.
4. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) head smashed.
(b) bruises on the body.
(c) knife in body.
(d) bruises on the wrist.
5. What does Martin want to do?
(a) fight the Monk.
(b) leave town.
(c) save the girl.
6. Nicholas represents himself to John Lambert as:
(a) a beggar.
(b) a representative of the Monk.
(c) a representative of the King's Justice.
(d) a priest.
7. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a good man.
(b) the servant of the Antichrist.
(c) a dirty old man.
(d) a representative of the Sheriff.
8. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
(a) John Lambert.
(c) the Monk.
(d) Lord de Guise
9. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) following the woman.
(b) walking with the Monk.
(c) running from the Sheriff.
(d) running from the woman.
10. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
(a) more than they ever earned from one play.
(c) the same as the last play.
(d) about average.
11. The son of the lord, William:
(a) has been locked in his room.
(b) is demented.
(c) is boasting of setting up the woman.
(d) roams the village.
12. What alerted the players to the beginning of the jousting tourney?
(a) the guard told them.
(b) a blast of trupmpets.
(c) they saw the horses.
(d) voices in the courtyard.
13. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
(a) she has stolem before.
(b) that she couldn't kill a human child.
(c) she deserves to be hanged.
(d) she has a violent temper.
14. Martin raises the issue of:
(a) the story of the beggar.
(b) five boys missing.
(c) the condition of Lord William.
(d) the innocence of Jane.
15. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
2. According to Springer, who was traveling on the road on the day of the murder?
3. Martin and Nicholas learn that two other prisoners are imprisoned for:
4. What affliction does Jane suffer from:
5. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)