|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) head smashed.
(b) bruises on the wrist.
(c) knife in body.
(d) bruises on the body.
2. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
(a) to the dungeon.
(b) to the guest quarters.
(c) to a locked area with a window.
(d) directly to the Lord.
3. What question does the character of Thomas Wells raise?
(a) how did the Monk know about the purse.
(b) how did the woman know of the purse.
(c) why was he killed.
(d) how did the Monk know about the woman.
4. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
(a) the same as the last play.
(c) about average.
(d) more than they ever earned from one play.
5. Tobias and Springer cover their fears by:
(a) relying on the leadership of Nicholas.
(b) discussing the information they made known.
(c) saying it is an honor for the Lord to bring them to his castle.
(d) talking about the need to save Jane.
6. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
(a) their costumes and masks.
(b) as much as they could carry.
(c) all of their belongings.
7. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
(c) he has no opinion.
8. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
(a) the play is the play of their town.
(b) the play is not finished and has been postponed.
(c) the play is based on Cain and Abel.
(d) the play was written in London.
9. What did Springer and Straw learn at the castle?
(a) they support the woman.
(c) there is no interest in the case.
(d) there is a great deal of concern about a miscarriage of justice.
10. The body of Thomas Wells indicated that he had been:
(b) well fed.
11. Who is dying?
(a) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
(d) a household servant.
12. Martin raises the issue of:
(a) the condition of Lord William.
(b) five boys missing.
(c) the innocence of Jane.
(d) the story of the beggar.
13. While the people in the room were fussing over the dead man, Nicholas:
(a) consoles them.
(b) leads them in prayer.
(c) stands there quietly.
(d) walks out of the room.
14. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) avoid discussing Jane.
(b) avoid discussing what has happened.
(c) discuss details of murder.
(d) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
15. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
(a) where the body was.
(b) a strange man.
(d) why the burial was so quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lambert say about his daughter:
2. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
3. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
4. Nicholas decides to:
5. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)