|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is wearing:
(a) ordinary clothing.
(b) a cloak from the player's costumes.
(c) his priestly habit.
(d) beggar's clothing.
2. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
(a) about average.
(c) more than they ever earned from one play.
(d) the same as the last play.
3. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
(a) bruises on the wrist.
(b) knife in body.
(c) bruises on the body.
(d) head smashed.
4. Who is dying?
(a) a household servant.
(d) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
5. What does Martin want to do?
(b) save the girl.
(c) fight the Monk.
(d) leave town.
6. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
(a) they accompany John Lambert to visit.
(b) the Sheriff gave permission for the visit.
(c) they are refused.
(d) by paying the jailer.
7. Lord de Guise's daughter enters the room and:
(a) says it is time for dinner.
(b) asks for the priest.
(c) wants to see the play.
(d) says her father has visitors.
8. What do they rind in the chamber:
(b) their costumes and masks.
9. What did the players decide to offer to Lord de Guise?
(b) their help in the investigation.
(c) Christmas plays.
(d) their apologies.
10. Who had the players mentioned by name in their play?
(a) no one.
(b) Flint, the Lord's steward.
(c) Lord William.
(d) Lord de Guise.
11. The players implicate:
(a) the girl.
(b) the Weaver.
(c) the Lord.
(d) the Monk.
12. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
(a) the sources of their information.
(b) the nature of Lord William.
(c) their true identifies.
(d) the corruption of the innkeeper.
13. What does Nicholas learn from Margaret?
(a) she is going to live with Flint.
(b) she gave information against the players.
(c) She iscrying for Stephen.
(d) she stole the money of the players.
14. The son of the lord, William:
(a) is demented.
(b) has been locked in his room.
(c) is boasting of setting up the woman.
(d) roams the village.
15. Nicholas decides to:
(a) have himself excommunicated.
(b) remain a player.
(c) to flee the town.
(d) return to his Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the room, Nicholas:
2. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
3. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
4. Lord de Guise wants:
5. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)