|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
(a) Martin was the cause of their problem.
(b) Martin deserted the group.
(c) that Martin was stricken with love for the girl.
(d) Martin gave up on saving the girl.
2. What does Nicholas blame for their problems?
3. What does Martin want to do?
(a) leave town.
(b) save the girl.
(d) fight the Monk.
4. During the course of the performance, the players reveal:
(a) their true identifies.
(b) the corruption of the innkeeper.
(c) the nature of Lord William.
(d) the sources of their information.
5. What do they rind in the chamber:
(c) their costumes and masks.
6. Martin's conclusion about the girl is that she is:
(b) he has no opinion.
7. Who do they implicate for the murder in the play?
(a) Lord William.
(b) the Monk.
(c) the girl.
8. What are the players allowed to take with them to the castle?
(a) their costumes and masks.
(b) all of their belongings.
(c) as much as they could carry.
9. The financial proceeds from the performance were:
(b) the same as the last play.
(c) more than they ever earned from one play.
(d) about average.
10. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
(a) he wasn't sick enough.
(b) he couldn't bring himself to do it.
(c) he could not repent his sins.
(d) the man was already dead.
11. Why was the Justice come to the town?
(a) he is just passing throutgh.
(b) he is investigating Lord de Guise.
(c) for the jousting tourney.
(d) to investigate the murder of Thomas Wells.
12. HOw many other boys have disappeared in the past year?
13. Who plays the role of Thomas Wells in the play:
14. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
(a) avoid discussing Jane.
(b) avoid mentioning the name of Thomas Wells.
(c) discuss details of murder.
(d) avoid discussing what has happened.
15. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a dirty old man.
(b) a representative of the Sheriff.
(c) the servant of the Antichrist.
(d) a good man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early the next morning, Nicholas lays there thinking of:
2. What does Lord de Guise have with him?
3. According to Springer, who was traveling on the road on the day of the murder?
4. Who is dying?
5. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)