|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lambert tells Nicholas that:
(a) the Monk didn't find money in the house.
(b) the money was hidden in the kitchen.
(c) his daughter hid the money in her room.
2. While they are waiting for Lord de Guise, they:
(a) stand quietly.
(b) taunt the steward.
(c) explore their surroundings.
(d) talk of what they will say.
3. What does the Justice say of the Monk:
(a) the Monk was not involved.
(b) the Monk informed.
(c) the Monk killed Thomas Wells.
(d) the Monk procured the boys.
4. The son of the lord, William:
(a) is demented.
(b) has been locked in his room.
(c) roams the village.
(d) is boasting of setting up the woman.
5. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) how did the Monk die.
(b) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(c) freedom for Jane.
(d) questioning the other monks.
6. Who had the players mentioned by name in their play?
(a) Lord de Guise.
(b) Lord William.
(c) Flint, the Lord's steward.
(d) no one.
7. What does Martin want to do?
(a) leave town.
(b) save the girl.
(d) fight the Monk.
8. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
(a) the Justice.
(b) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(c) the sheriff.
(d) the innkeeper.
9. Who is dying?
(a) the Knight injured in the jousting match.
(b) a household servant.
10. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
(b) why the burial was so quick.
(c) a strange man.
(d) where the body was.
11. What does Lord de Guise have with him?
(a) a note pad.
(b) a book.
(c) his wife.
(d) a falcon.
12. Why was the Justice come to the town?
(a) to investigate the murder of Thomas Wells.
(b) for the jousting tourney.
(c) he is just passing throutgh.
(d) he is investigating Lord de Guise.
13. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
14. How did the ladies signify their favorite knights?
(a) standing up when they passed.
(b) throwing roses.
(d) by throwing scarves and sleeves.
15. John Lambert is:
(a) a weaver.
(b) an employee at the inn.
(c) a shop keeper.
(d) a tavern owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
2. Why do the players decide to leave town after their next performance?
3. What is noticed about the body of the Monk?
4. Nicholas accompanies Martin to question:
5. Nicholas is wearing:
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)