|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The son of the lord, William:
(a) roams the village.
(b) has been locked in his room.
(c) is boasting of setting up the woman.
(d) is demented.
2. Lambert refers to the Monk as:
(a) a representative of the Sheriff.
(b) a good man.
(c) a dirty old man.
(d) the servant of the Antichrist.
3. Martin and Nicholas learn that two other prisoners are imprisoned for:
(c) accepting jobs with higher wages than Lord de Guise paid.
4. What does Martin want to do?
(b) fight the Monk.
(c) leave town.
(d) save the girl.
5. How does Martin communicate with Jane?
(a) they can't communicate.
(b) through her father.
(c) mime and gesture.
(d) they speak together.
6. What is the name of the woman to be hanged?
7. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
(a) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(b) the innkeeper.
(c) the sheriff.
(d) the Justice.
8. In the play, Thomas Wells is portrayed as:
(a) following the woman.
(b) running from the woman.
(c) running from the Sheriff.
(d) walking with the Monk.
9. During the play, Nicholas realizes that:
(a) it was Lord de Guise who did not want the body seen.
(b) Lord de Guise was the killer.
(c) they were doomed to be hanged.
(d) the players made a fatal error.
10. The Justice, his men and Nicholas ride to:
(a) the church.
(b) the grave yard.
(c) the roadside.
(d) the castle.
11. Nicholas represents himself to John Lambert as:
(a) a beggar.
(b) a priest.
(c) a representative of the King's Justice.
(d) a representative of the Monk.
12. What does Nicholas say of Martin:
(a) Martin was the cause of their problem.
(b) Martin gave up on saving the girl.
(c) Martin deserted the group.
(d) that Martin was stricken with love for the girl.
13. What question does Lambert ask Nicholas:
(a) what does the Justice want.
(b) what does the Monk want.
(c) why is Nicholas lying.
(d) what is the name of the Justice.
14. Springer, as Thomas Wells, raises the question of:
(a) a strange man.
(b) where the body was.
(c) why the burial was so quick.
15. Where are the players taken to in the castle?
(a) to the guest quarters.
(b) to the dungeon.
(c) directly to the Lord.
(d) to a locked area with a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play Thomas Wells says the purpose of the purse was to:
2. According to Nicholas, which term does not describe their behavior that day?
3. What does Nicholas tell Lambert when he says he is a player?
4. After leaving the castle, Nicholas:
5. The players implicate:
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)