|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
2. What does Martin see as a problem for the players?
(a) their old costumes.
(b) the Church.
(c) the guilds.
(d) the distance they have to travel.
3. What does Nicholas ask the group leader?
(a) if he could travel with him.
(b) would they perform for him.
(c) will they report the death.
(d) will they bury the body.
4. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
(a) the next play.
(b) the murder.
(c) their travel plans.
(d) Nicholas staying with the players.
5. Thomas Wells died by:
(c) blow to the head.
6. What is the cause of the fight?
(a) the cost of entry of the performance.
(b) the use of the barn.
(d) the use of space in the inn yard.
7. What are the group's plans for the town they are entering?
(a) to find odd jobs.
(b) to beg for money.
(c) to earn money by performing.
(d) to sell the horse.
8. What does Martin propose?
(b) they break up the group.
(c) they return to their patron lord.
(d) they do a play based on the murder.
9. Who turned in Roger True's daughter?
(a) her father.
(b) a Benedictine monk.
(c) the innkeeper.
(d) a shopkeeper.
10. Thomas Wells obtained the money he was carrying by:
(b) his mother borrowed it.
(c) selling the family cow.
11. The group arranges burial for Brendan with the:
(a) town priest.
12. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
13. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
(a) he wants to try being a player.
(b) he is afraid to be alone.
(c) no reason.
(d) he wants to be in community.
14. The man who died was:
15. Where is the troupe heading for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Thomas Wells?
2. How does Martin relate the murder to the Bible?
3. Who breaks up the fight and settles the issue?
4. What does the group do together?
5. Who is the group's patron lord:
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)