|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martin do after the burial?
(a) talks to the knights.
(b) goes to visit the local priest.
(c) talks to the grave digger.
(d) talks to Margaret.
2. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
(a) place it in the cart and take it with them.
(b) cover it with snow.
(c) bury it in a proper grave.
(d) cremate it.
3. What does Nicholas ask the group leader?
(a) would they perform for him.
(b) if he could travel with him.
(c) will they bury the body.
(d) will they report the death.
4. As they travel, Martin teaches Nicholas:
(a) his lines for the play.
(b) how to live off the land.
(c) how to beg.
(d) hand movements.
5. What does the group do together?
(a) talk to the Knights.
(b) looks for information.
(c) fought with the jongleurs.
(d) attends Brendan's funeral.
6. In the Play of Adam, Springer plays the role of:
(b) the Devil.
7. The group decides they will:
(a) return to their patron lord.
(b) delay their departure.
(c) gather informaiton from the people in the town.
(d) leave immediately.
8. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
(c) Devil's Fool.
(d) God the Father.
9. Who turned in Roger True's daughter?
(a) her father.
(b) a shopkeeper.
(c) the innkeeper.
(d) a Benedictine monk.
10. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
(a) to go for a walk.
(b) to manage their money.
(c) to leave the players.
(d) to play a bigger role.
11. Nicholas enters the town:
(a) leading the horse.
(b) hiding in the cart.
(c) dressed as a priest.
(d) playing the Devil's Fool.
12. What have all plays been based on?
(a) the Bible.
(d) real life events.
13. Which characters do they feel could be played without words?
(a) none of them.
(b) the Angel and the Serpent.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Satan and God.
14. Who breaks up the fight and settles the issue?
(a) a Knight.
(b) the sheriff.
(c) the King's Justice.
(d) the innkeeper.
15. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
(a) the innkeeper.
(c) a Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin propose?
2. Who is the lord of the town?
3. How does the group earn their money:
4. Where are the Knights riding to?
5. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)