|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
(a) they want more movement.
(b) the cost of admission is too high.
(c) they know how they story ends.
(d) they are bored by the play.
2. In the Play of Adam, Springer plays the role of:
(d) the Devil.
3. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) a drunk who beat the boy.
(b) a hard worker.
(c) good to the boy.
(d) gone from the area.
4. What is going to take place in the town:
(a) sports games.
(c) King's Justice.
(d) holiday feast.
5. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
(a) the woman made it known she was looking for the boy.
(b) the woman was seen near the road when the boy was killed.
(c) the woman was seen yelling at the boy.
(d) the boy was asking for the woman.
6. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
(a) bury it in a proper grave.
(b) cremate it.
(c) place it in the cart and take it with them.
(d) cover it with snow.
7. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
8. What is the purpose of their traveling?
(a) to perform a Christmas play for their lady's coursin.
(b) to earn money.
(c) to find food for the winter.
(d) to deliver a message.
9. Thomas Wells obtained the money he was carrying by:
(a) his mother borrowed it.
(c) selling the family cow.
10. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
(a) war games.
(b) a religious service.
(c) three days of plays.
(d) six days of jousting.
11. Who did Margaret obtain information from:
(a) the grave digger.
(b) the tavern keeper.
(c) the innkeeper.
12. What does the group have Nicholas do after accepting him?
(a) explain his reason.
(b) change clothes with the dead man.
13. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
(a) to manage their money.
(b) to go for a walk.
(c) to leave the players.
(d) to play a bigger role.
14. Where does the group plan to perform?
(a) the yard of the inn.
(b) behind the church.
(c) the town theater.
(d) the town square.
15. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
(a) he sees the costomes and props in the cart.
(b) they tell him.
(c) he doesn't yet.
(d) people walking by applaud their performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
2. What happened to the players' cart?
3. What does the group do together?
4. Who turned in Roger True's daughter?
5. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)