|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The character Tobias functions as the:
2. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
(b) no reaction.
3. Thomas Wells obtained the money he was carrying by:
(a) selling the family cow.
(c) his mother borrowed it.
4. What happened to the players' cart?
(a) it fell apart.
(b) it was stolen.
(c) the wheel broke.
(d) they sold it.
5. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
(a) a religious service.
(b) war games.
(c) six days of jousting.
(d) three days of plays.
6. Which characters do they feel could be played without words?
(a) Satan and God.
(b) the Angel and the Serpent.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) none of them.
7. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
(a) bury it in a proper grave.
(b) place it in the cart and take it with them.
(c) cremate it.
(d) cover it with snow.
8. Who is the group's patron lord:
(a) the Bishop.
(b) Sir Robert de Brian.
(c) Robert Sandville.
(d) Sir William Percy.
9. What is the purpose of their traveling?
(a) to earn money.
(b) to perform a Christmas play for their lady's coursin.
(c) to find food for the winter.
(d) to deliver a message.
10. How many people did Nicholas count in the group?
11. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
(a) a robbery.
(b) the marriage of the lord's daughter.
(c) the birth of the lord's son.
(d) a murder.
12. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) a drunk who beat the boy.
(b) gone from the area.
(c) a hard worker.
(d) good to the boy.
13. What does Martin compare players to?
(a) a lord before his king.
(b) a good jousting match.
(c) a priest before the altar.
(d) a knight on a horse.
14. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
(b) no one.
(c) the players.
(d) the townsmen.
15. His mother gave Thomas Wells the money and sent him home so:
(a) Thomas wanted money for food.
(b) her man wouldn't spend it on ale.
(c) it was becoming late.
(d) Thomas stole it from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
2. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
3. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
4. What is the name of the play on the murder?
5. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)