|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
(a) he expresses his opinion.
(b) he asks for money.
(c) he prays.
(d) he gives an order.
2. Brendan's body:
(a) was dumped.
(b) begins to smell.
(c) was buried.
(d) was left behind.
3. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
(b) removing the body of a dead man.
(c) performing a play.
4. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
(a) hearing the woman's confession.
(b) finding the money.
(c) finding out about the boy's death.
(d) seeing the woman.
5. What does Martin do after the burial?
(a) talks to the knights.
(b) talks to the grave digger.
(c) goes to visit the local priest.
(d) talks to Margaret.
6. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
(a) three days of plays.
(b) war games.
(c) six days of jousting.
(d) a religious service.
7. What does Nicholas ask the group leader?
(a) would they perform for him.
(b) will they report the death.
(c) will they bury the body.
(d) if he could travel with him.
8. How do the players announce their new play:
(a) by posting notices.
(b) by going door to door telling people.
(c) by a procession with them in costume.
(d) by handing out fliers.
9. What does the group do with the body?
(a) bury it.
(b) takes it to the morgue.
(c) put it on a cart.
(d) leaves it in the snow.
10. What happened to the players' cart?
(a) the wheel broke.
(b) they sold it.
(c) it was stolen.
(d) it fell apart.
11. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
(a) one shilling.
(b) two pounds.
(c) two shillings.
12. The character Tobias functions as the:
13. The group decides to:
(a) to pray for Brandon.
(b) to leave the priest behind.
(c) accept Nicholas in Brandon's place.
(d) to report the priest.
14. What does the innkeeper demand from Martin?
(a) the group of players leave immediately.
(b) they share the space with the jongleurs.
(c) one fourth of the proceeds from the performance.
(d) half of the proceeds from the performance.
15. What was the assignment Nicholas walked away from?
(a) secretary to Sir Robert de Brian.
(b) aide to a bishop.
(c) confined to a monastery.
(d) parish priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
2. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
3. What does the group ask Nicholas to do for them?
4. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
5. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)