|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Nicholas' 'heart swell with pleasure'?
(a) Stephen confiding in him.
(b) the monk asking for his advice.
(c) Martin's praise of his performance.
(d) Martin saying he will expand his role.
2. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) the Earl of Nottingham.
(b) Lord Richard de Guise.
(c) Sir Robert de Brian.
(d) the Earl of March.
3. What does the innkeeper demand from Martin?
(a) the group of players leave immediately.
(b) half of the proceeds from the performance.
(c) one fourth of the proceeds from the performance.
(d) they share the space with the jongleurs.
4. The expenses of the group are paid:
(a) by thievery.
(b) from a common purse.
(c) by each individual.
(d) by Nicholas.
5. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
(a) the townsmen.
(c) no one.
(d) the players.
6. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(b) the Play of Adam.
(d) Greek tragedy.
7. What does the group do with the body?
(a) takes it to the morgue.
(b) bury it.
(c) put it on a cart.
(d) leaves it in the snow.
8. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
(b) man and woman.
9. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
(a) the boy was asking for the woman.
(b) the woman was seen yelling at the boy.
(c) the woman made it known she was looking for the boy.
(d) the woman was seen near the road when the boy was killed.
10. Which part of the Devil's Fool role can't Nicholas do?
(c) hand activities.
11. What is the purpose of their traveling?
(a) to find food for the winter.
(b) to perform a Christmas play for their lady's coursin.
(c) to earn money.
(d) to deliver a message.
12. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
(a) taught his child.
(b) ran his household.
(c) transcribed volumes of verse.
(d) acted as lianson with the Bishop.
13. What is Stephen upset about?
(a) Brendan's death.
(b) low attendance and splitting the proceeds with the innkeeper.
(c) the murder.
(d) the King's Justice.
14. How old was Thomas Wells?
15. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
(a) written script.
(b) dumb show.
(c) don't need verse.
(d) Morality Play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the players' cart?
2. What does Martin do after the burial?
3. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
4. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
5. At first, Nicholas thought the group of people were:
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)