|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas enters the town:
(a) leading the horse.
(b) dressed as a priest.
(c) hiding in the cart.
(d) playing the Devil's Fool.
2. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
(a) removing the body of a dead man.
(d) performing a play.
3. Who turned in Roger True's daughter?
(a) a shopkeeper.
(b) a Benedictine monk.
(c) the innkeeper.
(d) her father.
4. Who found the body of Thomas Wells:
(a) the Sheriff.
(b) the inn keeper.
(d) the Monk.
5. Who is the group's patron lord:
(a) Sir Robert de Brian.
(b) Sir William Percy.
(c) Robert Sandville.
(d) the Bishop.
6. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
7. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
(a) it was a failure.
(b) they need more dialogue.
(c) there is not enough movement.
(d) it is fine as it is.
8. Where are the Knights riding to?
(a) their own lord.
(b) the inn.
(d) the jousting tourney.
9. Where is the troupe heading for?
10. Where did the group find lodging in the town?
(a) a room at a house.
(b) a barn in the yard of the inn.
(c) a room at the end.
(d) rooms at the church.
11. Who breaks up the fight and settles the issue?
(a) the sheriff.
(b) the innkeeper.
(c) the King's Justice.
(d) a Knight.
12. What does the innkeeper demand from Martin?
(a) one fourth of the proceeds from the performance.
(b) the group of players leave immediately.
(c) they share the space with the jongleurs.
(d) half of the proceeds from the performance.
13. At first, Nicholas thought the group of people were:
14. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) gone from the area.
(b) a hard worker.
(c) good to the boy.
(d) a drunk who beat the boy.
15. Nicholas committed adultery for:
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the group's plans for the town they are entering?
2. What have all plays been based on?
3. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
4. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
5. The man who died was:
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)