|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His mother gave Thomas Wells the money and sent him home so:
(a) it was becoming late.
(b) Thomas stole it from her.
(c) her man wouldn't spend it on ale.
(d) Thomas wanted money for food.
2. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
(a) written script.
(b) dumb show.
(c) Morality Play.
(d) don't need verse.
3. Thomas Wells obtained the money he was carrying by:
(a) selling the family cow.
(b) his mother borrowed it.
4. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
(a) the marriage of the lord's daughter.
(b) a robbery.
(c) the birth of the lord's son.
(d) a murder.
5. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his lust.
(b) his childhood.
(c) the distress he has caused his bishop.
(d) his ability to sing.
6. Thomas Wells died by:
(d) blow to the head.
7. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(b) the Play of Adam.
(c) Greek tragedy.
8. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
9. Who did Margaret obtain information from:
(a) the tavern keeper.
(c) the innkeeper.
(d) the grave digger.
10. The group arranges burial for Brendan with the:
(c) town priest.
11. What are the group's plans for the town they are entering?
(a) to beg for money.
(b) to sell the horse.
(c) to find odd jobs.
(d) to earn money by performing.
12. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
(a) it is fine as it is.
(b) there is not enough movement.
(c) they need more dialogue.
(d) it was a failure.
13. Where did the group find lodging in the town?
(a) rooms at the church.
(b) a room at a house.
(c) a barn in the yard of the inn.
(d) a room at the end.
14. Brendan's body:
(a) was dumped.
(b) begins to smell.
(c) was buried.
(d) was left behind.
15. The man who died was:
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
2. The group decides to:
3. What does the group do with the body?
4. In the Play of Adam, Springer plays the role of:
5. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)