|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the group's patron lord:
(a) Robert Sandville.
(b) the Bishop.
(c) Sir Robert de Brian.
(d) Sir William Percy.
2. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
3. What is the occupation of Nicholas Barber?
4. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
(a) the gravedigger.
(b) the Knight.
(c) the Monk.
(d) the jongleurs.
5. The group decides they will:
(a) gather informaiton from the people in the town.
(b) delay their departure.
(c) leave immediately.
(d) return to their patron lord.
6. What does Martin do after the burial?
(a) talks to Margaret.
(b) goes to visit the local priest.
(c) talks to the knights.
(d) talks to the grave digger.
7. What is the role of Tobias in the Play of Adam?
8. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
(a) Devil's Fool.
(b) God the Father.
9. Brendan's body:
(a) was dumped.
(b) was left behind.
(c) begins to smell.
(d) was buried.
10. His mother gave Thomas Wells the money and sent him home so:
(a) Thomas stole it from her.
(b) Thomas wanted money for food.
(c) it was becoming late.
(d) her man wouldn't spend it on ale.
11. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
(a) the marriage of the lord's daughter.
(b) a murder.
(c) the birth of the lord's son.
(d) a robbery.
12. What does Martin compare players to?
(a) a good jousting match.
(b) a priest before the altar.
(c) a knight on a horse.
(d) a lord before his king.
13. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(a) Greek tragedy.
(c) the Play of Adam.
14. What made Nicholas' 'heart swell with pleasure'?
(a) Martin's praise of his performance.
(b) the monk asking for his advice.
(c) Stephen confiding in him.
(d) Martin saying he will expand his role.
15. Where are the Knights riding to?
(a) the jousting tourney.
(c) their own lord.
(d) the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the fight?
2. What does the innkeeper demand from Martin?
3. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
4. What does Nicholas learn from the character Straw?
5. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)