|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
(a) he was too nervous.
(b) it was a failure.
(c) it was a success.
(d) he forgot his lines.
2. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
(a) cover it with snow.
(b) cremate it.
(c) place it in the cart and take it with them.
(d) bury it in a proper grave.
3. Roger True, the girl's father is a:
4. What is going to take place in the town:
(a) holiday feast.
(b) sports games.
(d) King's Justice.
5. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
(a) man and woman.
6. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
7. What are the group's plans for the town they are entering?
(a) to sell the horse.
(b) to earn money by performing.
(c) to beg for money.
(d) to find odd jobs.
8. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(a) the Play of Adam.
(c) Greek tragedy.
9. What does Nicholas learn from the character Straw?
(a) the song he is to sing.
10. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
(a) he wants to be in community.
(b) no reason.
(c) he is afraid to be alone.
(d) he wants to try being a player.
11. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
(a) the birth of the lord's son.
(b) a robbery.
(c) a murder.
(d) the marriage of the lord's daughter.
12. Where did the group find lodging in the town?
(a) a room at a house.
(b) a room at the end.
(c) a barn in the yard of the inn.
(d) rooms at the church.
13. What is the occupation of Nicholas Barber?
14. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
(a) it was a failure.
(b) it is fine as it is.
(c) there is not enough movement.
(d) they need more dialogue.
15. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his childhood.
(b) the distress he has caused his bishop.
(c) his ability to sing.
(d) his lust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the fight?
2. What is supposed to happen to Roger True's daughter?
3. What does Nicholas ask the group leader?
4. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
5. What have all plays been based on?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)