|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
(a) he doesn't yet.
(b) they tell him.
(c) people walking by applaud their performance.
(d) he sees the costomes and props in the cart.
2. The man who died was:
3. What is the subject of the discussion the group has?
(a) how to travel.
(b) whether or not to bury Brendan.
(c) what play to perform.
(d) where to find food.
4. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
(c) performing a play.
(d) removing the body of a dead man.
5. Where does the group plan to perform?
(a) the town theater.
(b) the town square.
(c) behind the church.
(d) the yard of the inn.
6. How many people did Nicholas count in the group?
7. The group decides they will:
(a) leave immediately.
(b) delay their departure.
(c) return to their patron lord.
(d) gather informaiton from the people in the town.
8. What does Martin propose?
(a) they return to their patron lord.
(c) they do a play based on the murder.
(d) they break up the group.
9. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) Sir Robert de Brian.
(b) the Earl of Nottingham.
(c) Lord Richard de Guise.
(d) the Earl of March.
10. Why wouldn't the innkeeper haggle over the price of the accommodations?
(a) he didn't like the look of the group.
(b) they were vagabond players.
(c) he thought they were robbers.
(d) he was overbooked.
11. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
(b) one shilling.
(c) two pounds.
(d) two shillings.
12. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his childhood.
(b) his lust.
(c) the distress he has caused his bishop.
(d) his ability to sing.
13. What does Martin see as a problem for the players?
(a) the distance they have to travel.
(b) the guilds.
(c) the Church.
(d) their old costumes.
14. What is going to take place in the town:
(b) King's Justice.
(c) sports games.
(d) holiday feast.
15. What is the role of Tobias in the Play of Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
2. What does Martin compare players to?
3. Which character had his thumb severed?
4. Which part of the Devil's Fool role can't Nicholas do?
5. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)