|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
2. The group decides to:
(a) to report the priest.
(b) accept Nicholas in Brandon's place.
(c) to leave the priest behind.
(d) to pray for Brandon.
3. Nicholas committed adultery for:
4. How old was Thomas Wells?
5. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
(a) acted as lianson with the Bishop.
(b) taught his child.
(c) transcribed volumes of verse.
(d) ran his household.
6. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) a hard worker.
(b) gone from the area.
(c) good to the boy.
(d) a drunk who beat the boy.
7. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
(a) Devil's Fool.
(b) God the Father.
8. What is Stephen upset about?
(a) low attendance and splitting the proceeds with the innkeeper.
(b) Brendan's death.
(c) the murder.
(d) the King's Justice.
9. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
(a) he doesn't yet.
(b) they tell him.
(c) he sees the costomes and props in the cart.
(d) people walking by applaud their performance.
10. Why wouldn't the innkeeper haggle over the price of the accommodations?
(a) they were vagabond players.
(b) he didn't like the look of the group.
(c) he was overbooked.
(d) he thought they were robbers.
11. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
12. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
(a) the innkeeper.
(b) a Knight.
13. What is going to take place in the town:
(a) King's Justice.
(c) holiday feast.
(d) sports games.
14. What have all plays been based on?
(a) real life events.
(c) the Bible.
15. What is supposed to happen to Roger True's daughter?
(a) she is having a baby.
(b) she will be hanged.
(c) she will be married.
(d) she is becoming a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who changes Brendan's clothing?
2. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
3. What made Nicholas' 'heart swell with pleasure'?
4. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
5. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)