|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character had his thumb severed?
2. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
(a) it was a success.
(b) he forgot his lines.
(c) he was too nervous.
(d) it was a failure.
3. Who found the body of Thomas Wells:
(a) the Monk.
(b) the inn keeper.
(d) the Sheriff.
4. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
(a) transcribed volumes of verse.
(b) acted as lianson with the Bishop.
(c) taught his child.
(d) ran his household.
5. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
(a) the boy was asking for the woman.
(b) the woman was seen near the road when the boy was killed.
(c) the woman was seen yelling at the boy.
(d) the woman made it known she was looking for the boy.
6. Where does the group plan to perform?
(a) behind the church.
(b) the town square.
(c) the town theater.
(d) the yard of the inn.
7. What does Martin do after the burial?
(a) talks to Margaret.
(b) talks to the knights.
(c) goes to visit the local priest.
(d) talks to the grave digger.
8. Where did the group find lodging in the town?
(a) a room at the end.
(b) a barn in the yard of the inn.
(c) rooms at the church.
(d) a room at a house.
9. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
(a) place it in the cart and take it with them.
(b) cover it with snow.
(c) cremate it.
(d) bury it in a proper grave.
10. What does the group do with the body?
(a) leaves it in the snow.
(b) put it on a cart.
(c) bury it.
(d) takes it to the morgue.
11. What month is it when Nicholas leaves without permission?
12. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
(a) two pounds.
(b) one shilling.
(d) two shillings.
13. What happens when the men begin to pack their wagon?
(a) the innkeeper asks them to stay.
(b) they decide to watch the jousting tourney.
(c) Martin says he wants to talk to them first.
(d) the jongleurs challenge them to a match.
14. What does Martin compare players to?
(a) a knight on a horse.
(b) a good jousting match.
(c) a lord before his king.
(d) a priest before the altar.
15. What is Stephen upset about?
(a) low attendance and splitting the proceeds with the innkeeper.
(b) the King's Justice.
(c) the murder.
(d) Brendan's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin propose?
2. The character Tobias functions as the:
3. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
4. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
5. What is the occupation of Nicholas Barber?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)