|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who died was:
2. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
(a) transcribed volumes of verse.
(b) taught his child.
(c) acted as lianson with the Bishop.
(d) ran his household.
3. Where does the group plan to perform?
(a) the town square.
(b) the town theater.
(c) the yard of the inn.
(d) behind the church.
4. The character Tobias functions as the:
5. What happens when the men begin to pack their wagon?
(a) they decide to watch the jousting tourney.
(b) Martin says he wants to talk to them first.
(c) the innkeeper asks them to stay.
(d) the jongleurs challenge them to a match.
6. What is the purpose of their traveling?
(a) to perform a Christmas play for their lady's coursin.
(b) to deliver a message.
(c) to earn money.
(d) to find food for the winter.
7. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
(a) a Knight.
(b) the innkeeper.
8. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
(a) he forgot his lines.
(b) he was too nervous.
(c) it was a success.
(d) it was a failure.
9. What does Martin do after the burial?
(a) talks to Margaret.
(b) goes to visit the local priest.
(c) talks to the knights.
(d) talks to the grave digger.
10. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
(a) place it in the cart and take it with them.
(b) bury it in a proper grave.
(c) cremate it.
(d) cover it with snow.
11. The group arranges burial for Brendan with the:
(c) town priest.
12. What do they learn has occurred in the town?
(a) the marriage of the lord's daughter.
(b) the birth of the lord's son.
(c) a robbery.
(d) a murder.
13. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
(a) it is fine as it is.
(b) they need more dialogue.
(c) there is not enough movement.
(d) it was a failure.
14. Which character had his thumb severed?
15. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
(a) they want more movement.
(b) they know how they story ends.
(c) the cost of admission is too high.
(d) they are bored by the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
2. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
3. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
4. What is going to take place in the town:
5. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)