|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
(a) finding out about the boy's death.
(b) hearing the woman's confession.
(c) seeing the woman.
(d) finding the money.
2. What happened to the players' cart?
(a) it fell apart.
(b) they sold it.
(c) it was stolen.
(d) the wheel broke.
3. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
(a) Devil's Fool.
(b) angel of God.
(c) court jester.
4. What does Nicholas learn from the character Straw?
(b) the song he is to sing.
5. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
(a) they know how they story ends.
(b) they are bored by the play.
(c) the cost of admission is too high.
(d) they want more movement.
6. What is Stephen upset about?
(a) Brendan's death.
(b) low attendance and splitting the proceeds with the innkeeper.
(c) the King's Justice.
(d) the murder.
7. Where is the troupe heading for?
8. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
(a) the gravedigger.
(b) the Knight.
(c) the jongleurs.
(d) the Monk.
9. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(b) the Play of Adam.
(c) Greek tragedy.
10. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
(a) a religious service.
(b) six days of jousting.
(c) war games.
(d) three days of plays.
11. His mother gave Thomas Wells the money and sent him home so:
(a) Thomas wanted money for food.
(b) her man wouldn't spend it on ale.
(c) Thomas stole it from her.
(d) it was becoming late.
12. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
(a) he gives an order.
(b) he asks for money.
(c) he prays.
(d) he expresses his opinion.
13. What is the cause of the fight?
(a) the use of the barn.
(b) the cost of entry of the performance.
(d) the use of space in the inn yard.
14. The group decides they will:
(a) leave immediately.
(b) delay their departure.
(c) return to their patron lord.
(d) gather informaiton from the people in the town.
15. Nicholas enters the town:
(a) hiding in the cart.
(b) leading the horse.
(c) playing the Devil's Fool.
(d) dressed as a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who died was:
2. What is the occupation of Nicholas Barber?
3. How many people did Nicholas count in the group?
4. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
5. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)