|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Martin and Nicholas talk about?
(a) the next play.
(b) the murder.
(c) their travel plans.
(d) Nicholas staying with the players.
2. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
(a) hearing the woman's confession.
(b) finding out about the boy's death.
(c) finding the money.
(d) seeing the woman.
3. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
(b) no reaction.
4. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
(a) it was a failure.
(b) he was too nervous.
(c) he forgot his lines.
(d) it was a success.
5. Who breaks up the fight and settles the issue?
(a) a Knight.
(b) the sheriff.
(c) the innkeeper.
(d) the King's Justice.
6. Where is the troupe heading for?
7. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
(a) he wants to be in community.
(b) he wants to try being a player.
(c) he is afraid to be alone.
(d) no reason.
8. Which part of the Devil's Fool role can't Nicholas do?
(d) hand activities.
9. Where does the group plan to perform?
(a) the town theater.
(b) the town square.
(c) the yard of the inn.
(d) behind the church.
10. What is the occupation of Nicholas Barber?
11. The group decides they will:
(a) leave immediately.
(b) delay their departure.
(c) return to their patron lord.
(d) gather informaiton from the people in the town.
12. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) Sir Robert de Brian.
(b) Lord Richard de Guise.
(c) the Earl of March.
(d) the Earl of Nottingham.
13. What does Martin compare players to?
(a) a lord before his king.
(b) a priest before the altar.
(c) a good jousting match.
(d) a knight on a horse.
14. What role does Stephen play in the Play of Adam?
(c) Devil's Fool.
(d) God the Father.
15. What does Martin do after the burial?
(a) goes to visit the local priest.
(b) talks to Margaret.
(c) talks to the grave digger.
(d) talks to the knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
2. What is Stephen upset about?
3. What happened to the players' cart?
4. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
5. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)