|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is supposed to happen to Roger True's daughter?
(a) she will be hanged.
(b) she will be married.
(c) she is having a baby.
(d) she is becoming a nun.
2. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
(b) a Knight.
(c) the innkeeper.
3. In the Play of Adam, Springer plays the role of:
(b) the Devil.
4. What is going to take place in the town:
(b) King's Justice.
(c) sports games.
(d) holiday feast.
5. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(a) Greek tragedy.
(c) the Play of Adam.
6. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
7. How does Martin relate the murder to the Bible?
(a) Cain and Abel.
(c) Adam and Eve.
8. How does the group earn their money:
(a) by stealing.
(b) by doing odd jobs.
(c) by begging.
(d) they receive wages from their lord.
9. How many people did Nicholas count in the group?
10. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
(b) court jester.
(c) Devil's Fool.
(d) angel of God.
11. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
12. What happens when the men begin to pack their wagon?
(a) the jongleurs challenge them to a match.
(b) they decide to watch the jousting tourney.
(c) the innkeeper asks them to stay.
(d) Martin says he wants to talk to them first.
13. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
(a) don't need verse.
(b) dumb show.
(c) Morality Play.
(d) written script.
14. What does Martin propose?
(a) they break up the group.
(c) they return to their patron lord.
(d) they do a play based on the murder.
15. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
(a) it was a failure.
(b) he was too nervous.
(c) it was a success.
(d) he forgot his lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
2. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
3. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
4. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
5. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)