|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the group's plans for the town they are entering?
(a) to beg for money.
(b) to sell the horse.
(c) to earn money by performing.
(d) to find odd jobs.
2. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
(a) man and woman.
3. What does the innkeeper demand from Martin?
(a) they share the space with the jongleurs.
(b) the group of players leave immediately.
(c) half of the proceeds from the performance.
(d) one fourth of the proceeds from the performance.
4. What is going to take place in the town:
(b) King's Justice.
(c) sports games.
(d) holiday feast.
5. Who did Margaret obtain information from:
(a) the grave digger.
(c) the tavern keeper.
(d) the innkeeper.
6. What have all plays been based on?
(c) the Bible.
(d) real life events.
7. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) the Earl of March.
(b) the Earl of Nottingham.
(c) Sir Robert de Brian.
(d) Lord Richard de Guise.
8. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
(b) removing the body of a dead man.
(d) performing a play.
9. Thomas Wells died by:
(b) blow to the head.
10. What is Straw's view of the play's performance?
(a) it was a failure.
(b) it is fine as it is.
(c) they need more dialogue.
(d) there is not enough movement.
11. The group decides to:
(a) to report the priest.
(b) accept Nicholas in Brandon's place.
(c) to leave the priest behind.
(d) to pray for Brandon.
12. In the Play of Adam, Springer plays the role of:
(c) the Devil.
13. The group arranges burial for Brendan with the:
(b) town priest.
14. Nicholas committed adultery for:
15. Where are the Knights riding to?
(a) the jousting tourney.
(c) the inn.
(d) their own lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. The expenses of the group are paid:
2. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
3. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
4. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
5. Which characters do they feel could be played without words?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)