|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) Lord Richard de Guise.
(b) the Earl of Nottingham.
(c) the Earl of March.
(d) Sir Robert de Brian.
2. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
3. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
(a) the woman was seen near the road when the boy was killed.
(b) the woman made it known she was looking for the boy.
(c) the woman was seen yelling at the boy.
(d) the boy was asking for the woman.
4. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
(a) the townsmen.
(b) no one.
(d) the players.
5. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(b) Greek tragedy.
(c) the Play of Adam.
6. How does the group earn their money:
(a) by stealing.
(b) they receive wages from their lord.
(c) by begging.
(d) by doing odd jobs.
7. Roger True, the girl's father is a:
8. What is the name of the play on the murder?
(a) Play of Thomas Wells.
(b) Money and Murder.
(c) Cain and Abel.
(d) Virtues and Vices.
9. At first, Nicholas thought the group of people were:
10. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
(a) finding out about the boy's death.
(b) seeing the woman.
(c) hearing the woman's confession.
(d) finding the money.
11. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
(a) a Knight.
(c) the innkeeper.
12. Why wouldn't the innkeeper haggle over the price of the accommodations?
(a) they were vagabond players.
(b) he thought they were robbers.
(c) he didn't like the look of the group.
(d) he was overbooked.
13. Nicholas committed adultery for:
14. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
(a) six days of jousting.
(b) a religious service.
(c) war games.
(d) three days of plays.
15. How does Martin relate the murder to the Bible?
(a) Cain and Abel.
(b) Adam and Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nicholas leave the woman's house so quickly?
2. As they travel, Martin teaches Nicholas:
3. What is the purpose of their traveling?
4. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
5. What does Martin compare players to?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)