|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Nicholas Barber?
2. At first, Nicholas thought the group of people were:
3. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
(a) two shillings.
(b) one shilling.
(d) two pounds.
4. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
(b) no one.
(c) the townsmen.
(d) the players.
5. What does the group do with the body?
(a) takes it to the morgue.
(b) put it on a cart.
(c) leaves it in the snow.
(d) bury it.
6. What does Martin compare players to?
(a) a knight on a horse.
(b) a priest before the altar.
(c) a good jousting match.
(d) a lord before his king.
7. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) gone from the area.
(b) a drunk who beat the boy.
(c) good to the boy.
(d) a hard worker.
8. What does Nicholas do for the first time since joining the group?
(a) he gives an order.
(b) he prays.
(c) he asks for money.
(d) he expresses his opinion.
9. What month is it when Nicholas leaves without permission?
10. The specialty of the character Springer is:
(a) animal parts.
(b) woman's parts.
(c) children's parts.
(d) men's parts.
11. Who scares the players as they are talking at the graveyard?
(a) the Knight.
(b) the Monk.
(c) the jongleurs.
(d) the gravedigger.
12. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
13. What does Nicholas learn from the character Straw?
(d) the song he is to sing.
14. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) Sir Robert de Brian.
(b) the Earl of March.
(c) the Earl of Nottingham.
(d) Lord Richard de Guise.
15. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
(a) seeing the woman.
(b) finding the money.
(c) hearing the woman's confession.
(d) finding out about the boy's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin see as a problem for the players?
2. What does Martin do after the burial?
3. What is the subject of the discussion the group has?
4. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
5. How old was Thomas Wells?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)