|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger True, the girl's father is a:
2. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his ability to sing.
(b) the distress he has caused his bishop.
(c) his lust.
(d) his childhood.
3. As Nicholas is falling asleep, what does Martin ask him?
(a) to leave the players.
(b) to play a bigger role.
(c) to go for a walk.
(d) to manage their money.
4. What kind of performance are the players going to give?
(b) Greek tragedy.
(c) the Play of Adam.
5. The man living with Thomas Wells' mother was:
(a) a hard worker.
(b) gone from the area.
(c) a drunk who beat the boy.
(d) good to the boy.
6. Where are the Knights riding to?
(a) their own lord.
(c) the inn.
(d) the jousting tourney.
7. What does Martin propose?
(a) they break up the group.
(b) they return to their patron lord.
(d) they do a play based on the murder.
8. Who is the group's patron lord:
(a) the Bishop.
(b) Sir William Percy.
(c) Robert Sandville.
(d) Sir Robert de Brian.
9. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
(b) court jester.
(c) angel of God.
(d) Devil's Fool.
10. What terms does Martin not use to describe a play about the murder?
(a) written script.
(b) don't need verse.
(c) Morality Play.
(d) dumb show.
11. Who found the body of Thomas Wells:
(b) the Monk.
(c) the Sheriff.
(d) the inn keeper.
12. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
(a) he forgot his lines.
(b) it was a failure.
(c) he was too nervous.
(d) it was a success.
13. How do the players announce their new play:
(a) by a procession with them in costume.
(b) by posting notices.
(c) by handing out fliers.
(d) by going door to door telling people.
14. Where did the group find lodging in the town?
(a) rooms at the church.
(b) a room at the end.
(c) a room at a house.
(d) a barn in the yard of the inn.
15. What is the role of Tobias in the Play of Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Nicholas disobeyed his Bishop and left without permission?
2. The group arranges burial for Brendan with the:
3. His mother gave Thomas Wells the money and sent him home so:
4. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
5. The specialty of the character Springer is:
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)