|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
(a) performing a play.
(d) removing the body of a dead man.
2. The group decides to:
(a) to report the priest.
(b) to pray for Brandon.
(c) accept Nicholas in Brandon's place.
(d) to leave the priest behind.
3. Where are the Knights riding to?
(a) the jousting tourney.
(c) the inn.
(d) their own lord.
4. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
(d) man and woman.
5. What does Martin propose?
(a) they break up the group.
(b) they return to their patron lord.
(c) they do a play based on the murder.
6. What is the name of the play on the murder?
(a) Play of Thomas Wells.
(b) Virtues and Vices.
(c) Cain and Abel.
(d) Money and Murder.
7. What was the assignment Nicholas walked away from?
(a) confined to a monastery.
(b) parish priest.
(c) aide to a bishop.
(d) secretary to Sir Robert de Brian.
8. What month is it when Nicholas leaves without permission?
9. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
10. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
11. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
(a) ran his household.
(b) acted as lianson with the Bishop.
(c) transcribed volumes of verse.
(d) taught his child.
12. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
(a) they want more movement.
(b) they are bored by the play.
(c) the cost of admission is too high.
(d) they know how they story ends.
13. What does Martin do after the burial?
(a) goes to visit the local priest.
(b) talks to the knights.
(c) talks to Margaret.
(d) talks to the grave digger.
14. How does Martin relate the murder to the Bible?
(b) Adam and Eve.
(d) Cain and Abel.
15. How much did each player receive from the proceeds of the play?
(b) one shilling.
(c) two pounds.
(d) two shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Straw compare the Knights to:
2. How many people did Nicholas count in the group?
3. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
4. His mother gave Thomas Wells the money and sent him home so:
5. Which character had his thumb severed?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)