|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the assignment Nicholas walked away from?
(a) aide to a bishop.
(b) secretary to Sir Robert de Brian.
(c) confined to a monastery.
(d) parish priest.
2. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
(a) the cost of admission is too high.
(b) they know how they story ends.
(c) they want more movement.
(d) they are bored by the play.
3. Nicholas realizes that the group consisted of traveling players when:
(a) they tell him.
(b) people walking by applaud their performance.
(c) he doesn't yet.
(d) he sees the costomes and props in the cart.
4. Nicholas enters the town:
(a) playing the Devil's Fool.
(b) leading the horse.
(c) dressed as a priest.
(d) hiding in the cart.
5. At first, Nicholas thought the group of people were:
6. What does the group have Nicholas do after accepting him?
(c) explain his reason.
(d) change clothes with the dead man.
7. Nicholas committed adultery for:
8. How do the players announce their new play:
(a) by going door to door telling people.
(b) by handing out fliers.
(c) by posting notices.
(d) by a procession with them in costume.
9. Why wouldn't the innkeeper haggle over the price of the accommodations?
(a) he thought they were robbers.
(b) he was overbooked.
(c) they were vagabond players.
(d) he didn't like the look of the group.
10. What reaction does Nicholas elicit from the crown during the play?
(c) no reaction.
11. Roger True, the girl's father is a:
12. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
(a) he forgot his lines.
(b) he was too nervous.
(c) it was a success.
(d) it was a failure.
13. What does Nicholas give as his reason for wanting to join the players?
(a) he is afraid to be alone.
(b) he wants to try being a player.
(c) he wants to be in community.
(d) no reason.
14. What is the name of the play on the murder?
(a) Play of Thomas Wells.
(b) Money and Murder.
(c) Virtues and Vices.
(d) Cain and Abel.
15. What does Nicholas learn from the character Straw?
(b) the song he is to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen have a fight with?
2. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
3. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
4. Who breaks up the fight and settles the issue?
5. Who wears stilts in the Play of Adam?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)