|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Justice promises Nicholas that:
(a) qhe will hold an inquiry.
(b) Nicholas will not be harmed.
(c) he will try Lord de Guise.
(d) the girl will be freed.
2. When the play resumes, Martin raises the question of:
(a) questioning the other monks.
(b) comparing the bruises on the bodies of the Monk and Thomas Wells.
(c) freedom for Jane.
(d) how did the Monk die.
3. Who did Margaret obtain information from:
(a) the tavern keeper.
(b) the innkeeper.
(c) the grave digger.
4. Why couldn't Nicholas give the dying man absolution:
(a) he couldn't bring himself to do it.
(b) he wasn't sick enough.
(c) the man was already dead.
(d) he could not repent his sins.
5. Who bargains with the innkeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. They discovered that Thomas Wells:
2. What is the purpose of their traveling?
3. Thomas Wells died by:
4. How do Martin and Nicholas gain admittance to Jane's cell?
5. In the road, Nicholas sees a group of people:
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)