|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the play on the murder?
(a) Virtues and Vices.
(b) Money and Murder.
(c) Cain and Abel.
(d) Play of Thomas Wells.
2. Which of the following things forbidden to clerics was not done by Nicholas?
(a) joining the traveling players.
(b) sang in taverns.
(c) outside the diocese without permission.
3. What was the assignment Nicholas walked away from?
(a) aide to a bishop.
(b) parish priest.
(c) confined to a monastery.
(d) secretary to Sir Robert de Brian.
4. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
(a) the innkeeper.
(b) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(c) the Justice.
(d) the sheriff.
5. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) his lust.
(b) his childhood.
(c) his ability to sing.
(d) the distress he has caused his bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is supposed to happen to Roger True's daughter?
2. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
3. What does Martin learn will begin the next day?
4. Who found the body of Thomas Wells:
5. What is Nicholas' view of his first performance?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)