|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the players' cart?
(a) it fell apart.
(b) the wheel broke.
(c) they sold it.
(d) it was stolen.
2. What month is it when Nicholas leaves without permission?
3. Who is the lord of the town?
(a) the Earl of Nottingham.
(b) the Earl of March.
(c) Sir Robert de Brian.
(d) Lord Richard de Guise.
4. Who asked Margaret how they learned so many details of the crime:
(a) the innkeeper.
(b) the mother of Thomas Wells.
(c) the sheriff.
(d) the Justice.
5. What did Nicholas do for Sir Robert de Brian?
(a) acted as lianson with the Bishop.
(b) transcribed volumes of verse.
(c) ran his household.
(d) taught his child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Martin learn about the murder?
2. Which is not one of the three things about the Monk that raises questions:
3. What does Martin compare players to?
4. What made Nicholas' 'heart swell with pleasure'?
5. Which of the following things forbidden to clerics was not done by Nicholas?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)