|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Nicholas' 'heart swell with pleasure'?
(a) Stephen confiding in him.
(b) Martin's praise of his performance.
(c) Martin saying he will expand his role.
(d) the monk asking for his advice.
2. What was the assignment Nicholas walked away from?
(a) secretary to Sir Robert de Brian.
(b) confined to a monastery.
(c) aide to a bishop.
(d) parish priest.
3. In thinking about the low attendance, what does Martin realize about the audience?
(a) they want more movement.
(b) they know how they story ends.
(c) they are bored by the play.
(d) the cost of admission is too high.
4. In the opening of the chapters, Nicholas talks about:
(a) the distress he has caused his bishop.
(b) his childhood.
(c) his ability to sing.
(d) his lust.
5. Which words does Martin use that do not apply to God and Satan?
(b) man and woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group finally do with Brendan's body?
2. What role did Brendan play better than anyone?
3. Who is the lord of the town?
4. Where does the group plan to perform?
5. At the beginning of the performance, Martin tells the audience that:
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)