|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Government Man enter the office?
2. Which type of man should a woman with a successful business be wary of?
3. What are the apprentices up to?
4. What does JLB Matekoni do when a person is dissatisfied by his work?
5. What is new about the white van?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the way Mma Ramotswe treats Rose?
2. How do her actions relate to the theme of morality?
3. How does Chapter 8 start?
4. What is the meaning of Mma Makutsi's comments about beautiful girls?
5. What other theme does this character bring to light?
6. What is the significance of the different forms of illness?
7. What is significant about the chapter's title?
8. What brings about this change?
9. How do the reactions of the characters differ?
10. How does the narrative deal with AIDS?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the Governmant Man is arrogant? How does this impact on his relationship with his family?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters and examine their lives at the start of the book. Compare how their lives have changed by the end of the narrative. What motivates these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Mma Ramotswe has differing rapport with each of the characters she encounters. Who does she like and why? Who does she not like and why?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)