|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common reason clients come to the agency?
(a) Being owed money.
(c) Owing money.
(d) Political issues.
2. What rude gesture does the older apprentice make?
(a) Spitting on the floor.
(b) Turning his back.
(c) Sticking up his finger.
(d) Locking his eyes.
3. What has Mma heard about everybody?
(a) That they have done at least one thing to be ashamed of.
(b) They think she is marrying Rra for the money.
(c) That they are trying to ruin her business.
(d) That they do not approve of the marriage.
4. Who are the most cruel in Africa?
(a) The corrupt politicians.
(b) The eccentric musicians.
(c) Small boys with guns.
(d) The foreign hunters.
5. What evidence does Mma give JLB Matekoni that his garage is good?
(a) The pope takes his car there.
(b) The orphan farm owes him money.
(c) Bishop Makhulu says it is good.
(d) The British High Commissioner takes his car there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are women thriftier by nature?
2. What work do the apprentices still have to do?
3. When do men never seem happier?
4. What bad thing has St Francis allegedly done?
5. What is the best test of a prospective husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do her actions relate to the theme of morality?
2. What else is important about this unusual introduction?
3. How does Chapter 7 start?
4. What does this suggest?
5. What is the purpose of creating the mystery surrounding the Government Man?
6. What brings about this change?
7. How is the ending of Chapter 8 typical of a mystery novel?
8. What theme regarding beauty does the first chapter introduce?
9. Why might AIDS be such a hard topic to broach?
10. What is significant about the chapter's title?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)