|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe like to approach a new client's problem?
(a) Ask what the problem is straight away.
(b) Let the client bring it up indirectly.
(c) Let Mma Makutsi deal with the client.
(d) Write a letter to the client after the first meeting.
2. What do you never see men talking about?
(d) Washing machines.
3. Who suits a traditional marriage?
(a) Men who do not want to work.
(b) Men who want to look after children.
(c) Women who want to work.
(d) Women who want to cook.
4. What evidence does Mma give JLB Matekoni that his garage is good?
(a) Bishop Makhulu says it is good.
(b) The British High Commissioner takes his car there.
(c) The pope takes his car there.
(d) The orphan farm owes him money.
5. How can a man ruin a woman's business?
(a) By gambling away the profits.
(b) By trying to run it.
(c) By drinking away the profits.
(d) By not getting involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a successful woman have to be careful of?
2. What does the Governmant Man's mentally handicapped brother like to do?
3. Where does Mma Maketetse export her goods?
4. Who has JLB Matekoni not paid?
5. What does Obed know from working in the mines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meaning of Mma Makutsi's comments about beautiful girls?
2. How are such relationships defined?
3. What theme regarding beauty does the first chapter introduce?
4. What brings about this change?
5. Why might AIDS be such a hard topic to broach?
6. How does the narrative deal with AIDS?
7. What is Mma Ramotswe's moral dilemma?
8. How is the ending of Chapter 8 typical of a mystery novel?
9. What is the significance of the different forms of illness?
10. What is significant about the way Mma Ramotswe treats Rose?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)