|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Mma Ramotse's arrival at the agency?
(a) There is no work to be done.
(b) She is unusually late.
(c) Mma Makutsi is not yet there.
(d) She did not tell anyone she was coming.
2. What work do the apprentices still have to do?
(a) A car on a ramp.
(b) Oiling the ramp.
(c) Cleaning the petrol pump.
(d) Scrubbing the floor clean.
3. What are women thriftier by nature?
(a) They want to save money for shopping.
(b) They are usually responsible for handling money.
(c) They have to run households on a budget.
(d) Their husbands spend all the money.
4. How do women and men compare in business?
(a) Women suit it better.
(b) Men perform better.
(c) Both are equally as good.
(d) Men perform worse.
5. What is Botswana's drawback?
(a) There are no drawbacks.
(b) The lack of vegetarian restaurants.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can see what is happening inside a family home?
2. What is usually done before before Mma Ramotswe arrives at the agency?
3. Where does Mma Maketetse export her goods?
4. How does a woman find the answer to this question?
5. What type of car is up on the ramp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the focus of Chapters 3 and 4?
2. How does this reflect on the theme of compassion?
3. How are such relationships defined?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe react to Mma Makutsi's emerging confidence?
5. What other theme does this character bring to light?
6. What is the significance of her not consulting her partner?
7. What is the purpose of creating the mystery surrounding the Government Man?
8. What change does the reader notice in Mma Makutsi?
9. What is significant about the chapter's title?
10. What else is important about this unusual introduction?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)