|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do wives and girlfriends of murderers do?
(a) Turn their murderous partners in.
(b) Never accept that their man is a murderer.
(c) Refuse to cooperate with police.
(d) Help with the murder.
2. What is the animal in JLB Matekoni's room apparently responsible for?
(a) Soiling the bed sheets.
(b) Keeping him awake.
(c) Eating the pet parakeet.
(d) Scratching the antique bed.
3. What bad thing has St Francis allegedly done?
(a) Driving while drunk.
(b) Killed a person.
(c) Stealing from the local supermarket.
(d) Stamped on a pidgeon.
4. When do men never seem happier?
(a) When eating lots of ripe pumpkin.
(b) When eating lots of expensive meat.
(c) When eating lots of fresh porridge.
(d) When they have a business to run.
5. What might embarrass the younger apprentice?
(a) The flour outline around his mouth.
(b) His fake teeth.
(c) His lack of charm.
(d) His bad pick-up lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries JLB Matekoni?
2. What do you never see men talking about?
3. What is good for a marriage?
4. Who saved the Governmant Man's life?
5. What is the most important thing about Mma Makutsi's position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might AIDS be such a hard topic to broach?
2. What does this suggest?
3. What is the significance of the different forms of illness?
4. How are such relationships defined?
5. What central theme is also introduced?
6. What is the focus of Chapters 3 and 4?
7. What is the purpose of creating the mystery surrounding the Government Man?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe react to Mma Makutsi's emerging confidence?
9. How do her actions relate to the theme of morality?
10. What is interesting about the way the Government Man and his family are introduced?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)