|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Note Mokoti known for?
(a) Being a jazz music collector.
(b) Playing the saxophone.
(c) Being a ladies' man.
(d) Never being married.
2. Why did the Basarwa like the Government Man's father?
(a) He never beat them.
(b) He gave them cow milk.
(c) He used sjamboks on them.
(d) He would give them meat.
3. What inappropriate tool has the taller apprentice used on an engine?
(a) A flame torch.
(b) A fork.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A chainsaw.
4. Where was Mma Ramotswe when she asked herself the test of a good husband?
(a) At home.
(b) In the city center.
(c) Near the dam.
(d) At the office.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe always forget about the taller apprentice?
(a) His favorite color.
(b) His favorite flower.
(c) His age.
(d) His name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can see what is happening inside a family home?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe like to approach a new client's problem?
3. How can a man ruin a woman's business?
4. Who is ordinary tea good for?
5. Who is the Government Man related to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Richard's illness?
2. What is interesting about the way the Government Man and his family are introduced?
3. What does this foreshadowing hint at?
4. What do her actions foreshadow?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe react to Mma Makutsi's emerging confidence?
6. What other theme does this character bring to light?
7. What is the purpose of creating the mystery surrounding the Government Man?
8. How is the ending of Chapter 8 typical of a mystery novel?
9. How does Chapter 7 start?
10. What is significant about the chapter's title?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)