|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there just a whole lot of rocks?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Grand Canyon.
2. How can a man ruin a woman's business?
(a) By not getting involved.
(b) By drinking away the profits.
(c) By gambling away the profits.
(d) By trying to run it.
3. What is the best test of a prospective husband?
(a) Asking him how many times he has been married.
(b) Asking him what his intentions are.
(c) Asking what your mother would think of him.
(d) Asking what your father would think of him.
4. Why is it important to ask a person how they slept?
(a) It is a good ice-breaker.
(b) It shows that you care about them.
(c) It is the polite thing to do.
(d) It is a tradition.
5. Who has JLB Matekoni not paid?
(a) The bank.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The apprentices.
(d) The spare parts supplier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Botswana's drawback?
2. What effect does cool, crisp air have?
3. Who does The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency serve?
4. Why are there two teapots at the agency?
5. Why is Note Mokoti capable of being a murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe react to Mma Makutsi's emerging confidence?
2. What other theme does this character bring to light?
3. Is this example of compassion significant?
4. What is the meaning of Mma Makutsi's comments about beautiful girls?
5. How are such relationships defined?
6. What else is important about this unusual introduction?
7. How does Chapter 8 start?
8. What change does the reader notice in Mma Makutsi?
9. How does this reflect on the theme of compassion?
10. How do the reactions of the characters differ?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)