|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people think Mma Ramotswe and J.LB. Matekoni will be happy doing together?
(a) Saving money.
(b) Drinking tea.
(c) Selling their businesses.
(d) Eating expensive meat.
2. What is good for a marriage?
(a) Independent interests.
(b) Commitment and loyalty.
(c) A priest's blessing.
(d) Love and devotion.
3. What rude gesture does the older apprentice make?
(a) Sticking up his finger.
(b) Spitting on the floor.
(c) Locking his eyes.
(d) Turning his back.
4. What are the apprentices up to?
(a) Cleaning the garage.
(b) Playing a stone game.
(c) Repairing an exhaust pipe.
(d) Filling up an oil drum.
5. Which type of man should a woman with a successful business be wary of?
(a) The wealthy type.
(b) The hard working type.
(c) The sporty type.
(d) The comfort loving type.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mma Makutsi's new role?
2. Why has Botswana never been in debt?
3. What does Dr Moffat thing Rra is suffering from?
4. Why does JLB Matekoni sound confused on the phone?
5. What was the most immediate decision made regarding the impending marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the ending of Chapter 8 typical of a mystery novel?
2. What is interesting about the way the Government Man and his family are introduced?
3. What does this foreshadowing hint at?
4. How does Chapter 7 start?
5. What does this suggest?
6. What change does the reader notice in Mma Makutsi?
7. What central theme is also introduced?
8. Is this example of compassion significant?
9. What theme regarding beauty does the first chapter introduce?
10. What is the significance of the different forms of illness?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)