|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common reason clients come to the agency?
(a) Political issues.
(b) Owing money.
(c) Being owed money.
2. Where was Mma Ramotswe when she asked herself the test of a good husband?
(a) At home.
(b) Near the dam.
(c) At the office.
(d) In the city center.
3. Who has JLB Matekoni not paid?
(a) The bank.
(b) The landlord.
(c) The spare parts supplier.
(d) The apprentices.
4. What is the best test of a prospective husband?
(a) Asking him how many times he has been married.
(b) Asking what your father would think of him.
(c) Asking him what his intentions are.
(d) Asking what your mother would think of him.
5. What does a successful woman have to be careful of?
(a) Spoilt children.
(b) A gold digging man.
(c) The tax man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacked the Government Man?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe like to approach a new client's problem?
3. What rude gesture does the older apprentice make?
4. Why did the Basarwa like the Government Man's father?
5. What is Mma Makutsi's new role?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Richard's illness?
2. What do her actions foreshadow?
3. What is significant about the way Mma Ramotswe treats Rose?
4. What is interesting about the way the Government Man and his family are introduced?
5. What other theme does this character bring to light?
6. How does Chapter 8 start?
7. What does this foreshadowing hint at?
8. What is the focus of Chapters 3 and 4?
9. What is the significance of the different forms of illness?
10. How are such relationships defined?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)