|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suits a traditional marriage?
(a) Men who want to look after children.
(b) Women who want to cook.
(c) Women who want to work.
(d) Men who do not want to work.
2. Where does JLB Matekoni want to do?
(a) Go back to his village.
(b) Move to America.
(c) Sell his business.
(d) Move to Britain.
3. What bad thing has St Francis allegedly done?
(a) Stealing from the local supermarket.
(b) Driving while drunk.
(c) Killed a person.
(d) Stamped on a pidgeon.
4. How does Mma Ramotswe exceed her authority?
(a) She promotes Mma Makutsi.
(b) She demotes her husband.
(c) She opens up another garage next door.
(d) She sells part of the garage.
5. What do you never see men talking about?
(a) Washing machines.
6. Why has Botswana never been in debt?
(a) Their banks do not charge interest.
(b) They receive so much charity.
(c) They always pay money on time.
(d) They have never borrowed money.
7. Why does JLB Matekoni sound confused on the phone?
(a) He has not had time to make an excuse for not calling.
(b) He does not recognize Mma's voice.
(c) He was asleep.
(d) He has already gone mad.
8. Why are there two teapots at the agency?
(a) Mma Makutsi does not like bush tea.
(b) The ladies drink a lot of tea.
(c) The ladies hate sharing tea.
(d) Mma Ramotswe does not like ordinary tea.
9. What does Mma Makutsi suggest JLB Matekoni might have?
(a) A headache.
(b) A lack of iron.
10. What is the animal in JLB Matekoni's room apparently responsible for?
(a) Soiling the bed sheets.
(b) Scratching the antique bed.
(c) Eating the pet parakeet.
(d) Keeping him awake.
11. Which type of man should a woman with a successful business be wary of?
(a) The wealthy type.
(b) The hard working type.
(c) The sporty type.
(d) The comfort loving type.
12. What is the best time of day to do work in the agency?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Late morning.
13. What is Mma Makutsi's new role?
(a) Chief Financial Officer.
(b) Acting Manager.
(c) Assistant Manager.
(d) Chief Executive Officer.
14. What would JLB Matekoni normally wait for before calling Mma?
(a) For her to finish her tea.
(b) For her to leave a message on his phone.
(c) Daily business results from the stock market.
(d) The day's weather forecast.
15. What is bush tea good for?
(b) Relieving social tension.
(c) Brushing your teeth.
(d) Watering plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is new about the white van?
2. What inappropriate tool has the taller apprentice used on an engine?
3. What do wives and girlfriends of murderers do?
4. What is good for a marriage?
5. Who saved the Governmant Man's life?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)