|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important thing about Mma Makutsi's position?
(a) She has to work alone.
(b) That she is in a position of authority.
(c) That she does what she is meant to do.
(d) She gets paid according to her worth.
2. How does Mma Ramotswe like to approach a new client's problem?
(a) Let the client bring it up indirectly.
(b) Ask what the problem is straight away.
(c) Let Mma Makutsi deal with the client.
(d) Write a letter to the client after the first meeting.
3. Where was Mma Ramotswe when she asked herself the test of a good husband?
(a) In the city center.
(b) At home.
(c) At the office.
(d) Near the dam.
4. Why does a mother insist her sons can't be murderers?
(a) A mother cannot deal with the shame.
(b) Mothers believe what their sons tell them.
(c) The man remains a small boy to her.
(d) Mothers will protect them from even the law.
5. Who is ordinary tea good for?
(a) People who really appreciate tea.
(b) Ordinary people.
6. What does Mma Maketetse make?
(a) Khaki shorts.
(b) Sewing machines.
(c) Corduroy jeans.
(d) Flak jackets
7. What does JLB Matekoni ask Mma about first on the phone?
(a) If she has a headache.
(b) What the time is.
(c) How she has slept.
(d) If she misses him.
8. Why are there two teapots at the agency?
(a) Mma Ramotswe does not like ordinary tea.
(b) The ladies drink a lot of tea.
(c) Mma Makutsi does not like bush tea.
(d) The ladies hate sharing tea.
9. Why did the Basarwa like the Government Man's father?
(a) He would give them meat.
(b) He never beat them.
(c) He used sjamboks on them.
(d) He gave them cow milk.
10. What might embarrass the younger apprentice?
(a) The flour outline around his mouth.
(b) His bad pick-up lines.
(c) His fake teeth.
(d) His lack of charm.
11. What type of car is up on the ramp?
(a) A convertible bus.
(b) An old French race-car.
(c) A white Mercedes-Benz van.
(d) An old station wagon.
12. Why shouldn't the apprentices be left to repair cars alone?
(a) They use shortcuts.
(b) They do not charge the customer enough.
(c) They take too long to do a good repair.
(d) They hold dance parties in the garage.
13. What effect does cool, crisp air have?
(a) It makes you forget about personal problems.
(b) It cures all diseases.
(c) It makes the mind sluggish.
(d) It makes anything seem possible.
14. Why is Mma Makutsi's diploma important?
(a) Without it Mma Ramotswe would fire her.
(b) It gives their clients confidence.
(c) It stops the police giving them a hard time.
(d) It is required by law to have a detective agency.
15. Where would Mr. JLB Matekoni usually be if the office is empty?
(a) Sitting on top of a car in the workshop.
(b) Out drinking.
(c) At lunch.
(d) With his difficult apprentices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ignores Botswana?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe exceed her authority?
3. What is good for a marriage?
4. Why is it important to ask a person how they slept?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe always forget about the taller apprentice?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)