|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are women thriftier by nature?
(a) They want to save money for shopping.
(b) Their husbands spend all the money.
(c) They have to run households on a budget.
(d) They are usually responsible for handling money.
2. What do you never see men talking about?
(b) Washing machines.
3. What makes the apprentices interesting to young girls?
(a) Their white grins.
(b) Their strong work ethic.
(c) Their manners.
(d) Their shaved heads.
4. What is it hard to persuade young people about?
(a) The importance of marriage.
(b) The need to work.
(c) The need to eat vegetables.
(d) How to hand things on a plate.
5. What is the one positive Mma Ramotswe takes from her relationship with Note?
(a) She took half of his fortune.
(b) Her dad saw them split up.
(c) He wrote her some nice songs.
(d) They had a wonderful wedding.
6. What is wrong with the car on the ramp?
(a) It is not making enough steam.
(b) The exhaust has a crack.
(c) The gasket has gone.
(d) There is a leak in the petrol line.
7. What is bush tea good for?
(a) Relieving social tension.
(b) Brushing your teeth.
(c) Watering plants.
8. What happens to a person bitten by a mamba?
(a) They become stronger.
(b) They lose their sense of smell.
(c) They die.
(d) They become possessed by evil spirits.
9. What are the apprentices up to?
(a) Playing a stone game.
(b) Repairing an exhaust pipe.
(c) Filling up an oil drum.
(d) Cleaning the garage.
10. What is Note Mokoti known for?
(a) Never being married.
(b) Being a jazz music collector.
(c) Being a ladies' man.
(d) Playing the saxophone.
11. What does the Government Man know about women?
(a) They like to shop.
(b) They are good in business.
(c) They like to talk.
(d) They are good at taking care of kids.
12. Who is ordinary tea good for?
(a) People who really appreciate tea.
(d) Ordinary people.
13. Which type of man should a woman with a successful business be wary of?
(a) The wealthy type.
(b) The sporty type.
(c) The hard working type.
(d) The comfort loving type.
14. What is JLB Tlokweng known for?
(a) Super detective skills.
(b) Knowing how to fix trains.
(c) Having a green thumb.
(d) Being a fine mechanic.
15. Why has Botswana never been in debt?
(a) Their banks do not charge interest.
(b) They receive so much charity.
(c) They always pay money on time.
(d) They have never borrowed money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do wives and girlfriends of murderers do?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe always forget about the taller apprentice?
3. Where does Mma Maketetse export her goods?
4. What work do the apprentices still have to do?
5. What did everybody think of the betrothed?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)