|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can a man ruin a woman's business?
(a) By not getting involved.
(b) By drinking away the profits.
(c) By gambling away the profits.
(d) By trying to run it.
2. Who are the most cruel in Africa?
(a) The foreign hunters.
(b) The eccentric musicians.
(c) Small boys with guns.
(d) The corrupt politicians.
3. Why is Mma Makutsi's diploma important?
(a) It gives their clients confidence.
(b) Without it Mma Ramotswe would fire her.
(c) It stops the police giving them a hard time.
(d) It is required by law to have a detective agency.
4. What is wrong with the car on the ramp?
(a) There is a leak in the petrol line.
(b) The gasket has gone.
(c) The exhaust has a crack.
(d) It is not making enough steam.
5. What is the most important thing about Mma Makutsi's position?
(a) That she does what she is meant to do.
(b) She has to work alone.
(c) That she is in a position of authority.
(d) She gets paid according to her worth.
6. What is JLB Tlokweng known for?
(a) Having a green thumb.
(b) Knowing how to fix trains.
(c) Being a fine mechanic.
(d) Super detective skills.
7. What does JLB Matekoni do when a person is dissatisfied by his work?
(a) He arranges for the person's car to be stolen.
(b) He tells them to get lost.
(c) He redoes the job free of charge.
(d) He redoes the job at half the price.
8. Who has JLB Matekoni not paid?
(a) The spare parts supplier.
(b) The apprentices.
(c) The bank.
(d) The landlord.
9. Why did the Basarwa like the Government Man's father?
(a) He never beat them.
(b) He used sjamboks on them.
(c) He would give them meat.
(d) He gave them cow milk.
10. Who is running the garage at the moment?
(a) The British High Commissioner.
(b) Mma Makutsi.
(c) Mma Ramotswe.
(d) Bishop Makhulu.
11. What makes the apprentices interesting to young girls?
(a) Their white grins.
(b) Their shaved heads.
(c) Their strong work ethic.
(d) Their manners.
12. What is Botswana's drawback?
(a) The lack of vegetarian restaurants.
(b) There are no drawbacks.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The heat.
13. What is new about the white van?
(a) The tires.
(b) The pistons.
(c) The camshafts.
(d) The brakes.
14. What is a wrong that cannot be put right?
(a) Lying about your age.
(b) Pouring treacle on a person's dress.
(d) Pouring engine oil on someone.
15. What inappropriate tool has the taller apprentice used on an engine?
(a) A fork.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A flame torch.
(d) A chainsaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ignores Botswana?
2. What does the Government Man know about women?
3. How did JLB Matekoni build his reputation?
4. What rude gesture does the older apprentice make?
5. What did everybody think of the betrothed?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)