|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Mma Ramotswe when she asked herself the test of a good husband?
(a) In the city center.
(b) Near the dam.
(c) At home.
(d) At the office.
2. Where does Mma Maketetse export her goods?
(a) The Cape.
3. Why has Botswana never been in debt?
(a) They receive so much charity.
(b) Their banks do not charge interest.
(c) They have never borrowed money.
(d) They always pay money on time.
4. What type of car is up on the ramp?
(a) An old station wagon.
(b) An old French race-car.
(c) A white Mercedes-Benz van.
(d) A convertible bus.
5. What happens to a person bitten by a mamba?
(a) They become stronger.
(b) They lose their sense of smell.
(c) They become possessed by evil spirits.
(d) They die.
6. What is Botswana's drawback?
(a) The heat.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The lack of vegetarian restaurants.
(d) There are no drawbacks.
7. What is an advantage of having a treadle sewing machine?
(a) It requires less effort.
(b) It goes silent in a power cut.
(c) It works without electricity.
(d) It looks more adorable.
8. Why does Mma Ramotswe think that women actually do not talk so much?
(a) There is no difference between them and men.
(b) Women prefer action.
(c) They are too busy to talk.
(d) They have less to talk about.
9. Who are the most cruel in Africa?
(a) The foreign hunters.
(b) The eccentric musicians.
(c) The corrupt politicians.
(d) Small boys with guns.
10. What does Mma Ramotswe think about Mercedes-Benz?
(a) They cost a fortune.
(b) She does now know the brand.
(c) She really wants one.
(d) They are worse than what she already has.
11. Who suits a traditional marriage?
(a) Women who want to work.
(b) Men who want to look after children.
(c) Men who do not want to work.
(d) Women who want to cook.
12. What is the most important thing about Mma Makutsi's position?
(a) She gets paid according to her worth.
(b) That she does what she is meant to do.
(c) That she is in a position of authority.
(d) She has to work alone.
13. Who saved the Governmant Man's life?
(a) The Basarwa.
(b) His mentally ill cousin.
(c) His youngest brother.
(d) His father.
14. Where would Mr. JLB Matekoni usually be if the office is empty?
(a) At lunch.
(b) With his difficult apprentices.
(c) Sitting on top of a car in the workshop.
(d) Out drinking.
15. What is it hard to persuade young people about?
(a) The need to work.
(b) The need to eat vegetables.
(c) The importance of marriage.
(d) How to hand things on a plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is bush tea good for?
2. What is unusual about Mma Ramotse's arrival at the agency?
3. What do the people think Mma Ramotswe and J.LB. Matekoni will be happy doing together?
4. What work do the apprentices still have to do?
5. What inappropriate tool has the taller apprentice used on an engine?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)