|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mma Maketetse employ in her factory?
(a) Her cousins.
(c) Her aunties and uncles.
(d) Cheap labor from Gaborone.
2. How can a man ruin a woman's business?
(a) By not getting involved.
(b) By gambling away the profits.
(c) By drinking away the profits.
(d) By trying to run it.
3. What bad thing has St Francis allegedly done?
(a) Stamped on a pidgeon.
(b) Driving while drunk.
(c) Killed a person.
(d) Stealing from the local supermarket.
4. What is the one positive Mma Ramotswe takes from her relationship with Note?
(a) She took half of his fortune.
(b) They had a wonderful wedding.
(c) Her dad saw them split up.
(d) He wrote her some nice songs.
5. Why did the Basarwa like the Government Man's father?
(a) He would give them meat.
(b) He gave them cow milk.
(c) He used sjamboks on them.
(d) He never beat them.
6. What type of car is up on the ramp?
(a) A convertible bus.
(b) An old French race-car.
(c) An old station wagon.
(d) A white Mercedes-Benz van.
7. What does the Government Man know about women?
(a) They like to shop.
(b) They are good at taking care of kids.
(c) They like to talk.
(d) They are good in business.
8. What is bush tea good for?
(a) Watering plants.
(b) Relieving social tension.
(c) Brushing your teeth.
9. What are women thriftier by nature?
(a) They are usually responsible for handling money.
(b) They want to save money for shopping.
(c) They have to run households on a budget.
(d) Their husbands spend all the money.
10. What is Note Mokoti known for?
(a) Being a jazz music collector.
(b) Never being married.
(c) Playing the saxophone.
(d) Being a ladies' man.
11. What inappropriate tool has the taller apprentice used on an engine?
(a) A flame torch.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A fork.
12. What is wrong with the car on the ramp?
(a) The exhaust has a crack.
(b) There is a leak in the petrol line.
(c) The gasket has gone.
(d) It is not making enough steam.
13. Where was the embarrassing article written?
(a) Political flyer.
(b) The local paper.
(c) The national newspaper.
(d) Community newsletter.
14. What is the best time of day to do work in the agency?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Late morning.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
15. What do you never see men talking about?
(d) Washing machines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would JLB Matekoni normally wait for before calling Mma?
2. What does Obed know from working in the mines?
3. What is an advantage of having a treadle sewing machine?
4. Why is Note Mokoti capable of being a murderer?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe think about Mercedes-Benz?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)