|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Basarwa like the Government Man's father?
(a) He would give them meat.
(b) He used sjamboks on them.
(c) He never beat them.
(d) He gave them cow milk.
2. What might embarrass the younger apprentice?
(a) His lack of charm.
(b) His fake teeth.
(c) The flour outline around his mouth.
(d) His bad pick-up lines.
3. How do women acquire respect in a tribal marriage?
(a) By asking for it.
(b) By bearing daughters.
(c) By paying for it with money.
(d) By getting older.
4. What needs its brakes constantly checked at the orphan farm?
(a) The minibus.
(b) The borehole pump.
(c) The scooter.
(d) The tractor.
5. What is an advantage of having a treadle sewing machine?
(a) It goes silent in a power cut.
(b) It requires less effort.
(c) It looks more adorable.
(d) It works without electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims the credit for building Botswana?
2. What rude gesture does the older apprentice make?
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe like farms?
4. What is a sign of good housekeeping?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe feel about dogs?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)