|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do foreigners learn about Botswana when they criticize someone?
(a) It is not uncommon for foreigners to be executed for rudeness.
(b) Absolutely nothing.
(c) It is illegal to criticize someone from Botswana.
(d) That everyone is a distant cousin of each other.
2. What is good for a marriage?
(a) Independent interests.
(b) Love and devotion.
(c) Commitment and loyalty.
(d) A priest's blessing.
3. What is the most important thing about Mma Makutsi's position?
(a) That she does what she is meant to do.
(b) She has to work alone.
(c) She gets paid according to her worth.
(d) That she is in a position of authority.
4. What is usually done before before Mma Ramotswe arrives at the agency?
(a) Watering the plants.
(b) Sending the mail.
(c) Making the coffee.
(d) Brewing the tea.
5. What are the apprentices up to?
(a) Filling up an oil drum.
(b) Repairing an exhaust pipe.
(c) Cleaning the garage.
(d) Playing a stone game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe always forget about the taller apprentice?
2. What had never happened before to a child?
3. Why is Mma Makutsi's diploma important?
4. How do women acquire respect in a tribal marriage?
5. What characterizes a bad girl?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)