|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Mma give JLB Matekoni that his garage is good?
(a) The pope takes his car there.
(b) The British High Commissioner takes his car there.
(c) Bishop Makhulu says it is good.
(d) The orphan farm owes him money.
2. Why does a mother insist her sons can't be murderers?
(a) A mother cannot deal with the shame.
(b) Mothers will protect them from even the law.
(c) The man remains a small boy to her.
(d) Mothers believe what their sons tell them.
3. How does a woman find the answer to this question?
(a) She seeks help from a witch doctor.
(b) She looks up at the sky and reads the clouds.
(c) She knows it in her bones.
(d) She asks her mother.
4. What is an advantage of having a treadle sewing machine?
(a) It goes silent in a power cut.
(b) It looks more adorable.
(c) It requires less effort.
(d) It works without electricity.
5. Where does JLB Matekoni want to do?
(a) Move to Britain.
(b) Go back to his village.
(c) Sell his business.
(d) Move to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does JLB Matekoni sound confused on the phone?
2. Who suits a traditional marriage?
3. What does JLB Matekoni do when a person is dissatisfied by his work?
4. What might embarrass the younger apprentice?
5. Who has JLB Matekoni not paid?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)