|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commissions Miranda to paint a portrait of Aurora and her newborn daughter Ina?
2. What happens that turns Carmen into a nurse for Aires and his lover?
(a) they are both wounded in the war
(b) they both come down with tuberculosis
(c) they both nearly die from asthma attacks
(d) they contract a particularly pernicious strain of syphilis
3. What does Miranda paint over the portrait of Aurora?
(a) a painting of Ganesha
(b) a self portrait as a weeping Arab on horseback
(c) a portrait of the four children
(d) a seascape with spice ships
4. Why does Aurora take her son to Lord Khusro Khusrovani Bhagwan and his charlatan mother-manager?
(a) to become an apprentice
(b) for medicine to stunt his growth
(c) for a miracle healing of his hand
(d) for a metaphysical encounter
5. Where did Aurora and Abraham have sex the first time?
(a) in the trees at Spice Mountain
(b) in the office of the da Gama business
(c) in Aurora's bedroom
(d) in the loft of the spice warehouse
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aurora treat Abraham?
2. What movies affect the behavior of Abraham in his sixties?
3. What did Francisco da Gama do to the family chapel?
4. What was like the largest, hottest dish of curry ever cooked?
5. What does the family legend say is in Flory's treasure chest?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)