|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moraes lament?
(a) his heritage
(b) his being a fugitive
(c) his lost love
(d) his short life
2. Where is Moraes Zogoiby at the opening of the novel?
(a) on a ship in the ocean
(b) on his deathbed
(c) on top of a mountain
(d) a graveyard in Spain
3. What allows Aurora and Abie to reunite?
(a) when Flory gets pregnant with her own child
(b) when Flory loses the paper her son signed
(c) when Flory loses her remaining faculties
(d) when Flory gives up
4. How does Abie do at first when taking over the family business to run?
(a) he stockpiles spices until they are safe to ship
(b) he squanders money until the company nearly fails
(c) he loses three shiploads of spice to German U-boats
(d) he starts doing exclusive business with the Germans
5. Where does Aurora achieve fame for her artwork and her political activities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the British authorities do to Camoens and Aires?
2. How does Flory die?
3. What does Moraes say was his father's lament?
4. For what is the synagogue famous?
5. What happens that turns Carmen into a nurse for Aires and his lover?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)