|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flory die?
(a) a madman immolates himself and Flory's robes catch fire
(b) Aurora has her assassinated
(c) a madman gives her some poison wine
(d) she strangles on a spice cake
2. What is foreshadowed during Aurora's confinement to her room?
(a) that she will be a great politician
(b) that she will be a great writer
(c) that she will be a great artist
(d) that she will be a noted singer
3. From infancy through adolescence, what did Abraham see in the synagogue tiles?
(a) visions of a girl like Aurora
(b) visions of the prophets
(c) visions of the martyrs
(d) visions of his absent father
4. What does Moraes call the Black Gold of Malabar?
5. What did Francisco da Gama do to the family chapel?
(a) tear it down and put up a Buddhist temple
(b) change it to a sterile, modernist motif
(c) change it into an office
(d) decorate it Hindu style
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aurora become?
2. How does Abie do at first when taking over the family business to run?
3. What does Moraes say Aurora became in the annual celebration of Ganesha?
4. What is Aurora's punishment for her mischief?
5. In reality, what is Aurora's character?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)