|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's initial reaction when Drax says that firing Moonraker will be like committing murder?
2. What is the profession of the person with whom Drax regularly plays cards?
3. What does Drax tease Dr. Walter about?
4. Aside from Drax, who else explains the Moonraker facility to Bond as they dine together?
5. What emotional reaction does Drax have when he loses after Bond deals from his own deck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the consequences if Drax is caught cheating at cards?
2. When Bond arrives at the Moonraker facility and spends time with Drax, what happens to Bond's opinion of Drax?
3. How does Bond connect Drax's behavior at the card game with his behavior at Moonraker?
4. Why is it suspicious that Drax hired fifty German engineers to work on Moonraker?
5. Explain James Bond's plan to expose Drax's cheating when they play bridge at Blades after dinner.
6. What do we learn about M, Bond's boss, when they meet to discuss Hugo Drax?
7. What is the reaction of Basildon, the chair of the club, when Bond confirms that Drax is cheating at cards?
8. Why does the author focus more on character than on plot in Chapters 6 and 7?
9. Describe the two extremes of James Bond's life.
10. Why does Bond not worry about saving money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is stronger in Moonraker--plot development or character development? Why? Give examples from the story to explain your answer. Do you think the author did this intentionally? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
James Bond is both a participant and an observer in the story. Give an example of a situation where he is a participant, and an example of a situation where he is an observer. Is Bond more frequently a participant or an observer in the story? What makes you think this? Which situation affected him more--being a participant or an observer? How?
Essay Topic 3
How does the setting influence the events in the story? Give examples to explain your answer.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)