|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drax do when he convinces Bond to continue the card game?
(a) Drax threatens M's life.
(b) Drax threatens Bond's life.
(c) Drax raises the stakes.
(d) Drax announces that Bond cheated.
2. Where does Bond first go once inside the Moonraker compound?
(a) His quarters.
(b) The security office.
(c) The facility housing the rocket.
(d) Drax's house.
3. What happens to one of the men from Bond's office who is on assignment?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is convicted of treason.
(c) He is seriously injured.
(d) He receives a promotion over Bond.
4. What does Gala Brand report regarding the activity at the Moonraker facility?
(a) She hasn't seen anything suspicious.
(b) She reports that Drax disappears for days, sometimes weeks.
(c) She has seen men she does not recognize sneaking around the facility late at night.
(d) She reports that several truckloads of parts have mysteriously vanished.
5. What do the engineers introduced to Bond do when Drax walks away?
(a) They walk away from Drax and Bond.
(b) They chat with Bond.
(c) They stand awkwardly in silence next to Bond.
(d) They follow Drax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drax tease Dr. Walter about?
2. What method does Drax use to tell his workers apart?
3. Where are M and Bond when M tells Bond that two men working at Drax's Moonraker facility are killed?
4. How does Bond prepare to play cards with Drax in addition to reviewing popular card-cheating methods?
5. What does James Bond do as he converses with his secretary at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it possible that Drax is not who he claims to be?
2. Why does M want Bond to beat Drax at cards, even if Bond has to cheat?
3. What is the reaction of Basildon, the chair of the club, when Bond confirms that Drax is cheating at cards?
4. What does Drax mean when he says firing Moonraker would be like committing murder?
5. What does Bond's response to reading reports indicate about his lifestyle preference?
6. What do we learn about James Bond based on his feelings about his shooting lesson results?
7. How does Bond connect Drax's behavior at the card game with his behavior at Moonraker?
8. What is Bond's opinion of Gala Brand when he meets her at the Moonraker facility?
9. Describe the two extremes of James Bond's life.
10. When Bond meets Gala Brand at the Moonraker facility, what is her reaction to him?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)