|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bond first go once inside the Moonraker compound?
(a) The security office.
(b) The facility housing the rocket.
(c) His quarters.
(d) Drax's house.
2. What does Bond think about the inside of the rocket?
3. What does Commissioner Vallance want Bond to do regarding Gala Brand?
(a) Avoid her.
(b) Review her performance.
(c) Take her place.
(d) Provide backup.
4. Where do Bond and Drax go after they discuss clearing the launch site when the rocket is launched?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To Drax's office.
(c) To the security headquarters.
(d) To see Moonraker.
5. What does Drax say to Bond after he loses to Bond before leaving the room?
(a) He tells Bond to spend the money quickly.
(b) He tries to schedule another game with Bond to win back his money.
(c) He congratulates Bond on a good game.
(d) He threatens the lives of M and Basildon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bond respond when Drax convinces him to continue the card game?
2. What is Bond's initial reaction when Drax says that firing Moonraker will be like committing murder?
3. Who does Drax compare Moonraker to when he says that launching Moonraker will be like committing murder?
4. What does Drax tease Dr. Walter about?
5. What does Bond want to do when he is ready to end the card game with Drax?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author focus more on character than on plot in Chapters 6 and 7?
2. What is the attitude of London's high society about cheating at cards?
3. What is Bond's opinion of Gala Brand when he meets her at the Moonraker facility?
4. What is the reaction of Basildon, the chair of the club, when Bond confirms that Drax is cheating at cards?
5. What does Bond learn from the bartender about the murder at the bar involving the two men who worked at Drax's Moonraker facility?
6. How is the Service involved in the project at Drax's Moonraker facility?
7. What is Bond's attitude about his new assignment and Drax?
8. What do we learn about James Bond based on his feelings about his shooting lesson results?
9. Explain how Hugo Drax acquired his identity during World War II.
10. Why does Drax's identity and life arouse suspicion?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)