|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the person with whom Drax regularly plays cards?
(a) A plastic surgeon.
(b) A banker.
(c) A metal broker.
(d) The chairman of the gambling club.
2. What is M's demeanor during his meeting with James Bond?
(a) He seems embarrassed.
(b) He seems depressed.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He seems overwhelmed.
3. What causes Bond to think ahead to the weekend while he is reading reports?
(a) A phone call from a friend.
(c) The sun shining through his window.
(d) A reservation form mistakenly placed in the report he is reading.
4. What does Drax notice about Bond when Bond wants to end the card game?
(a) He thinks Bond is drunk.
(b) He thinks Bond looks overconfident.
(c) He thinks Bond looks nervous.
(d) He thinks Bond looks tired.
5. What does Bond warn Basildon, the chairman of Blades, that he may have to do while playing cards with Drax?
(a) Lend money to Drax.
(b) Announce that he caught Drax cheating.
(c) Take a lot of money from Drax.
(d) Spill drinks on the furniture and floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Moonraker be test launched?
2. What does Drax hiring many Germans to work on Moonraker suggest?
3. Why is columbite so valuable?
4. What is the purpose of the meeting between M and James Bond?
5. What does James Bond do as he converses with his secretary at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond become nervous when he agrees to play cards with Drax for the club limit?
2. What do we learn about Drax as he plays cards with James Bond?
3. What are the consequences if Drax is caught cheating at cards?
4. Why does M want Bond to beat Drax at cards, even if Bond has to cheat?
5. How is the Service involved in the project at Drax's Moonraker facility?
6. Describe the two extremes of James Bond's life.
7. What type of atmosphere seems to pervade the Moonraker facility as Bond watches the men change shifts?
8. Explain how Hugo Drax acquired his identity during World War II.
9. What does Bond learn about how the Moonraker rocket works from Professor Train, a physicist working on the rocket?
10. What does Bond's response to reading reports indicate about his lifestyle preference?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)