|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to one of the men from Bond's office who is on assignment?
(a) He is seriously injured.
(b) He is convicted of treason.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He receives a promotion over Bond.
2. What does Drax say to Bond after he loses to Bond before leaving the room?
(a) He tells Bond to spend the money quickly.
(b) He threatens the lives of M and Basildon.
(c) He congratulates Bond on a good game.
(d) He tries to schedule another game with Bond to win back his money.
3. Why is columbite so valuable?
(a) It cannot be detected in the bloodstream.
(b) It is man-made.
(c) It is created with a secret revolutionary technology.
(d) It is rare.
4. How many assignments does Bond get in a year?
5. Why does M choose James Bond to play cards with Drax?
(a) Bond has a vendetta to settle with Drax.
(b) Bond is the best card player in the service.
(c) Bond and Drax have never met.
(d) Bond will not publicly reveal Drax's cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives M permission to send Bond to work at the Moonraker facility as the new security officer?
2. How do the engineers who Drax introduces Bond to react to him?
3. What does the man who killed Tallon shout before killing himself?
4. What honor does Hugo Drax receive in London?
5. Why does Bond think he will not live past the age of 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bond meets Gala Brand at the Moonraker facility, what is her reaction to him?
2. Describe the two extremes of James Bond's life.
3. What do we learn about Drax as he plays cards with James Bond?
4. Why does Bond not worry about saving money?
5. Explain how Hugo Drax acquired his identity during World War II.
6. What type of atmosphere seems to pervade the Moonraker facility as Bond watches the men change shifts?
7. Why does the author focus more on character than on plot in Chapters 6 and 7?
8. What does Bond learn from the bartender about the murder at the bar involving the two men who worked at Drax's Moonraker facility?
9. Why does Drax's identity and life arouse suspicion?
10. Why does Bond become nervous when he agrees to play cards with Drax for the club limit?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)