|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men respond to the shift change when they hear the signal?
(a) Walking casually.
(b) Running, in an orderly fashion.
(c) Runnning, as in a scramble.
(d) Marching in strict military formation.
2. Once inside the office, who does Bond meet aside from Gala Brand and Dr. Walter?
(a) The Prime Minister of England.
(b) Professor Train, a scientist who works on the project.
(c) Willy Krebs, Drax's assistant.
(d) Egon Bartsh, a German electronics expert.
3. Who is Bond's first contact before he goes to the Moonraker facility?
(a) Professor Train, a physicist who works on Moonraker.
(b) Commissioner Vallance of Scotland Yard.
(c) Gala Brand.
(d) A waitress at the bar where the deaths of the two Moonraker employees occurred.
4. What does Bond think about the inside of the rocket?
5. What does Bond do before he goes to the Moonraker facility for his assignment as the new security officer?
(a) Finishes paperwork.
(b) Practices shooting.
(c) Attends meetings.
(d) Spends his winnings from his card game with Drax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does M choose James Bond to play cards with Drax?
2. What does Basildon tell Drax when Drax accuses Bond of cheating?
3. What other activity does Bond spend his money on besides playing golf and driving his Bentley?
4. What does Drax do when he convinces Bond to continue the card game?
5. How does Drax behave when he begins to win after losing the first round?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn about Drax as he plays cards with James Bond?
2. Why does Bond become nervous when he agrees to play cards with Drax for the club limit?
3. What type of atmosphere seems to pervade the Moonraker facility as Bond watches the men change shifts?
4. Why does the author focus more on character than on plot in Chapters 6 and 7?
5. What is Bond's opinion of Gala Brand when he meets her at the Moonraker facility?
6. Describe the two extremes of James Bond's life.
7. Why is it suspicious that Drax hired fifty German engineers to work on Moonraker?
8. When Bond arrives at the Moonraker facility and spends time with Drax, what happens to Bond's opinion of Drax?
9. What is the reaction of Basildon, the chair of the club, when Bond confirms that Drax is cheating at cards?
10. When Bond meets Gala Brand at the Moonraker facility, what is her reaction to him?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)