|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who killed Tallon shout before killing himself?
(a) "Auf Wiedersehen!"
(b) "Heil Hitler!"
(c) "Sig Heil!"
(d) "Sturm und Drang!"
2. What is M's demeanor during his meeting with James Bond?
(a) He seems overwhelmed.
(b) He seems depressed.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He seems embarrassed.
3. Once inside the office, who does Bond meet aside from Gala Brand and Dr. Walter?
(a) The Prime Minister of England.
(b) Professor Train, a scientist who works on the project.
(c) Willy Krebs, Drax's assistant.
(d) Egon Bartsh, a German electronics expert.
4. How does Bond respond when Drax convinces him to continue the card game?
(a) Bond disagrees with the terms set by Drax for the game.
(b) Bond asks the club chairman for an advance.
(c) Bond signals to M.
(d) Bond looks Drax directly in the eye.
5. How many assignments does Bond get in a year?
6. What happens to one of the men from Bond's office who is on assignment?
(a) He is convicted of treason.
(b) He receives a promotion over Bond.
(c) He is seriously injured.
(d) He is killed.
7. Why isn't the Moonraker project postponed until it is discovered what Tallon was concerned about?
(a) There isn't enough evidence to stop the project.
(b) The engineers on the project have to leave for another assignment.
(c) Drax threatens to withdraw his financial support if the project is postponed.
(d) The countdown for the test launch has started and cannot be stopped.
8. Who calls Bond on his red phone?
(a) His boss.
(b) His secretary.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) The Queen of England.
9. What is Bond's condition when he arrives at his office the morning after his card game with Drax?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He has a clear head.
(c) He feels terrible.
(d) He is depressed.
10. Where are M and Bond when M tells Bond that two men working at Drax's Moonraker facility are killed?
(b) Bond's office.
(c) M's office.
(d) The Moonraker facility.
11. How did Hugo Drax become a multimillionaire?
(a) Investing in commodities.
(b) Raiding corporations.
(c) Developing medical technology.
(d) Developing space technology.
12. What malady does Drax insist he suffers because of an injury in World War II?
13. What causes Bond to think ahead to the weekend while he is reading reports?
(a) A reservation form mistakenly placed in the report he is reading.
(c) A phone call from a friend.
(d) The sun shining through his window.
14. What signals the shift change for the men as Bond and Drax are talking?
(a) A bell.
(b) A high-pitched tone that can only be heard by certain workers.
(c) An announcement over the pubilc address system.
(d) A siren.
15. Where is Bond going when he stops at the bar where the deaths of the two Moonraker employees occurred?
(a) His office.
(b) M's office.
(c) The Moonraker facility.
(d) Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Bond do as he converses with his secretary at the beginning of the story?
2. Why does M want James Bond to check up on Drax?
3. What is his opinion of the security provided by the Air Force when Bond enters the Moonraker compound?
4. What emotional reaction does Drax have when he loses after Bond deals from his own deck?
5. What does Drax show Bond on a large map?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)