|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Bond on his red phone?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His boss.
(d) The Queen of England.
2. Who kills Major Tallon, a security officer at Drax's Moonraker facility?
(b) Another security officer.
(c) A German engineer.
(d) Gala Brand.
3. Why are there strict procedures in place for entering the building that houses Moonraker?
(a) To avoid leaking information to the media.
(b) Because of the chemicals in use.
(c) Because of the use of heavy machinery.
(d) To guard against sabotage.
4. What is the purpose of Bond's meeting with Professor Train, a physicist working on Moonraker?
(a) To learn how to protect Moonraker.
(b) To acquire information about the men working on Moonraker.
(c) To get background on Moonraker.
(d) To hear Professor Train's concerns about suspicious activity.
5. How does M know Hugo Drax?
(a) Drax and M belong to the same gambling club.
(b) Drax and M were college roommates.
(c) Drax is M's brother-in-law.
(d) Drax and M belong to the same golf club.
6. What does Basildon tell Drax when Drax accuses Bond of cheating?
(a) He tells Drax he saw Bond cheating.
(b) He tells Drax to put his complaints in writing.
(c) He tells Drax to resign from the club.
(d) He tells Drax he knows he has been cheating.
7. What is columbite?
(a) The name of the rocket Drax is building.
(b) A type of poisonous flower.
(c) A type of ore.
(d) A type of gem.
8. What does Bond want to do when he is ready to end the card game with Drax?
(a) Read the newspaper in the lounge.
(b) Play a different game.
(c) Have a drink.
(d) Go home.
9. What is M's demeanor during his meeting with James Bond?
(a) He seems angry.
(b) He seems depressed.
(c) He seems embarrassed.
(d) He seems overwhelmed.
10. How does James Bond plan to figure out Drax's method of cheating before he actually plays cards with Drax?
(a) Bond plans to hire someone to report on Drax's activities.
(b) Bond plans to watch Drax as Drax plays cards.
(c) Bond plans to place a deck of marked cards at Drax's table.
(d) Bond plans to install an electronic listening device at Drax's table.
11. What signals the shift change for the men as Bond and Drax are talking?
(a) A high-pitched tone that can only be heard by certain workers.
(b) A siren.
(c) An announcement over the pubilc address system.
(d) A bell.
12. Why does M say it is odd that Drax would cheat at cards?
(a) Drax is an excellent card player.
(b) Drax cheats his friends.
(c) Drax worries about his reputation.
(d) Drax is a multimillionaire.
13. Where do Bond and Drax go after they discuss clearing the launch site when the rocket is launched?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To Drax's office.
(c) To see Moonraker.
(d) To the security headquarters.
14. Aside from a few experts, who will be allowed onsite when Moonraker is launched?
(a) A group of elected officials.
(b) A television crew.
(c) Air Force security officers.
(d) Newspapaer journalists.
15. What does Bond think about the inside of the rocket?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the engineers introduced to Bond do when Drax walks away?
2. What method does Drax use to cheat at cards?
3. Who is Bond's first contact before he goes to the Moonraker facility?
4. Who does Bond talk to at the bar about the deaths of the two Moonraker employees?
5. What is Bond's initial feeling about working with a new department?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)