|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is columbite?
(a) A type of poisonous flower.
(b) The name of the rocket Drax is building.
(c) A type of ore.
(d) A type of gem.
2. Why isn't the Moonraker project postponed until it is discovered what Tallon was concerned about?
(a) The countdown for the test launch has started and cannot be stopped.
(b) There isn't enough evidence to stop the project.
(c) The engineers on the project have to leave for another assignment.
(d) Drax threatens to withdraw his financial support if the project is postponed.
3. What causes Bond to think ahead to the weekend while he is reading reports?
(a) A phone call from a friend.
(b) A reservation form mistakenly placed in the report he is reading.
(d) The sun shining through his window.
4. What conclusion about Drax does James Bond come to as he thinks about him after stopping the activity at his desk?
(a) Drax is losing his fortune.
(b) Drax is harmless.
(c) Drax is hiding something.
(d) Drax is power hungry.
5. How does James Bond plan to figure out Drax's method of cheating before he actually plays cards with Drax?
(a) Bond plans to watch Drax as Drax plays cards.
(b) Bond plans to place a deck of marked cards at Drax's table.
(c) Bond plans to install an electronic listening device at Drax's table.
(d) Bond plans to hire someone to report on Drax's activities.
6. What honor does Hugo Drax receive in London?
(a) He receives a medal for his actions during World War II.
(b) He is given an honorary degree from Oxford University.
(c) He is elected to an important position in Parliament.
(d) He is knighted by the queen.
7. What do the engineers introduced to Bond do when Drax walks away?
(a) They walk away from Drax and Bond.
(b) They stand awkwardly in silence next to Bond.
(c) They follow Drax.
(d) They chat with Bond.
8. What is his opinion of the security provided by the Air Force when Bond enters the Moonraker compound?
(a) He is suspicious.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is disappointed.
9. How does Bond prepare to play cards with Drax in addition to reviewing popular card-cheating methods?
(a) He speaks to other card cheaters he has dealt with.
(b) He practices card-shuffling techniques.
(c) He tests the electronic listening device.
(d) He finds all the information he can about Drax.
10. Who does Drax compare Moonraker to when he says that launching Moonraker will be like committing murder?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His child.
(d) His best friend.
11. Why does James Bond immediately agree to play bridge with Drax when he challenges Bond and M to a game after dinner?
(a) Bond wants to try his own cheating methods.
(b) Bond wants to examine Drax's physical features more closely.
(c) Bond knows how Drax cheats.
(d) The game will give Bond a chance to discover how Drax is cheating.
12. What is James Bond's job when not on assignment?
(a) Shooting instructor.
(b) Office worker.
(c) Golf professional.
13. What is the profession of the person with whom Drax regularly plays cards?
(a) A banker.
(b) A metal broker.
(c) A plastic surgeon.
(d) The chairman of the gambling club.
14. What does Drax do with his money in London?
(a) Invests it in securities.
(b) Lives extravagantly.
(c) Donates it.
15. How do the engineers who Drax introduces Bond to react to him?
(a) They are cold to him.
(b) They are overly friendly.
(c) They are polite, but distant.
(d) They are stiff, almost mechanical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bond going when he stops at the bar where the deaths of the two Moonraker employees occurred?
2. Who calls Bond on his red phone?
3. What does Bond do before he goes to the Moonraker facility for his assignment as the new security officer?
4. How does Drax react when he deals an excellent hand to Bond?
5. What is Gala Brand's reaction when she is told that the man who kills Tallon also claimed to be in love with her?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)