|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Monday, Chapter 4 - The 'Shiner'; Chapter 5 - Dinner at Blades.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond tell M he will do to let M know that he will do all the bidding in the card game with Drax?
(a) Take off his jacket.
(b) Say, "The night is going quickly."
(c) Light a cigarette.
(d) Pull a handkerchief from his pocket.
2. What is the purpose of the meeting between M and James Bond?
(a) Bond asks for a raise in salary.
(b) M asks Bond for a personal favor.
(c) M reprimands Bond for falling behind on paperwork.
(d) Bond demands a new assignment.
3. How does James Bond plan to figure out Drax's method of cheating before he actually plays cards with Drax?
(a) Bond plans to watch Drax as Drax plays cards.
(b) Bond plans to install an electronic listening device at Drax's table.
(c) Bond plans to place a deck of marked cards at Drax's table.
(d) Bond plans to hire someone to report on Drax's activities.
4. What does Drax do with his money in London?
(a) Invests it in securities.
(c) Lives extravagantly.
(d) Donates it.
5. What is James Bond doing at the opening of the story?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Practicing shooting.
(d) Talking to his secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the person with whom Drax regularly plays cards?
2. Why does James Bond immediately agree to play bridge with Drax when he challenges Bond and M to a game after dinner?
3. What is M's demeanor during his meeting with James Bond?
4. What does Bond plan to do to build Drax's confidence when they play cards?
5. Why does M want James Bond to check up on Drax?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)