|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Monday, Chapter 4 - The 'Shiner'; Chapter 5 - Dinner at Blades.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other activity does Bond spend his money on besides playing golf and driving his Bentley?
(a) Horseback riding.
(d) Wine collecting.
2. What does James Bond notice about Drax's physical features as he watches Drax playing cards?
(a) Drax has a club foot.
(b) Drax is in a wheelchair.
(c) Drax is missing two fingers from his left hand.
(d) Drax had plastic surgery.
3. What is the profession of the person with whom Drax regularly plays cards?
(a) A banker.
(b) A plastic surgeon.
(c) The chairman of the gambling club.
(d) A metal broker.
4. Why does James Bond immediately agree to play bridge with Drax when he challenges Bond and M to a game after dinner?
(a) Bond wants to try his own cheating methods.
(b) Bond knows how Drax cheats.
(c) Bond wants to examine Drax's physical features more closely.
(d) The game will give Bond a chance to discover how Drax is cheating.
5. Why is columbite so valuable?
(a) It is rare.
(b) It is created with a secret revolutionary technology.
(c) It is man-made.
(d) It cannot be detected in the bloodstream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hugo Drax start his business?
2. What word would Bond use to describe reading reports?
3. What honor does Hugo Drax receive in London?
4. What does Bond plan to do to build Drax's confidence when they play cards?
5. Who calls Bond on his red phone?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)