|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Claudia eager to see Lisa after her limo accident?
2. Who tells Claudia that Tom has been killed?
3. What is missing from Tom's postwar plans as he explains his desires to Claudia?
4. What is the bargain Claudia tries to make with God in the cathedral?
5. To whom does Claudia apologize in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudia's apology in Chapter 15 make Lisa feel?
2. Why does Jasper decide to pursue a career in TV?
3. How does Claudia define "history" to Mr. Hamilton?
4. What excites Claudia about seeing her book turned into a movie?
5. For what two reasons is Camilla amazed by Claudia's pregnancy?
6. Discuss why Claudia and Gordon like to dance with each other, even as children.
7. Whom does Claudia use for her standard of measurement when judging men and why?
8. How does Claudia describe Cortez? How popular was her book about him?
9. Does Sylvia expect a sexual relationship between Gordon and Claudia? Why or why not?
10. Where are Tom and Claudia when he confesses that he wants to marry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between tone and mood in literature. How are the two related?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the exposition of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is a primary theme of Moon Tiger? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)