|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claudia revisits Egypt as a tourist, why is her bus companion disappointed?
2. What does Jasper want Claudia to pretend to be while they are in Rocqueville?
3. How many people are killed in Claudia's limo accident?
4. Where does Claudia move to until her first baby is born?
5. How does the opportunity given to Claudia by Mr. Hamilton help her career?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the nurse try to stop Claudia's miscarriage?
2. According to Claudia, what does the destruction of Memphis reveal about history?
3. How does Claudia's apology in Chapter 15 make Lisa feel?
4. What uncharacteristic way does Claudia attempt to ensure Tom's safety when she learns he is missing in action?
5. What personal history does Claudia's body reveal about herself?
6. Why does Claudia refuse to pretend to be Jasper's secretary when they visit NATO together?
7. How does Mr. Hamilton's job offer to Claudia advance her writing career?
8. Why does Jasper decide to pursue a career in TV?
9. How is it that Claudia acquires Tom's journal?
10. What is ironic about Mrs. Hamilton allowing Claudia to go to Paris with Gordon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the protagonist and antagonist in this story. In what ways are the two characters similar? What are their differences? What is the relationship of the protagonist and antagonist in this novel? How might the story have differed if another character was the antagonist? Select a character and write about the difference you would expect.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in literature. What foreshadowing was present in Moon Tiger? Was the foreshadowing diluted since Claudia's death is expected from the beginning of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character description of Claudia. Was she a major or minor character? Protagonist or antagonist? Support your answer with specific evidence from the story.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)