|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the historical figure that Claudia recalls writing about out of sheer disbelief at the man's bravery, charisma, stubbornness and indestructibility?
2. What changed Tom's mind about his postwar plans?
3. What is Claudia writing when she receives her Fortnum's gift basket in the hospital?
4. How does the opportunity given to Claudia by Mr. Hamilton help her career?
5. Where do Claudia and Gordon dance together when they are young?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Mrs. Hamilton allowing Claudia to go to Paris with Gordon?
2. When Tom tells Claudia in Chapter 8 that he has never been more happy in his life, upon what thought does Claudia silently reflect?
3. Other than being grief stricken, what terrifies Claudia about not knowing how Tom dies?
4. How does Claudia describe Cortez? How popular was her book about him?
5. Discuss the accident that severely injures Claudia.
6. How is it that Claudia acquires Tom's journal?
7. What fascinates Claudia about Memphis?
8. What excites Claudia about seeing her book turned into a movie?
9. Does Sylvia expect a sexual relationship between Gordon and Claudia? Why or why not?
10. How does Mr. Hamilton's job offer to Claudia advance her writing career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the exposition of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is Claudia's main character flaw? How does it affect her relationships with Sylvia, Gordon, Jasper and Lisa? How does it affect her intrapersonally?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in literature. What foreshadowing was present in Moon Tiger? Was the foreshadowing diluted since Claudia's death is expected from the beginning of the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)