|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jasper's father?
2. What does Claudia wear to her daughter's wedding?
3. Whom does the reader learn about in Chapter 2 that had a dog that did a special trick?
4. Who does the reader learn in Chapter 2 stabs at Claudia's crotch with a finger?
5. What is Harry's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's view of the war, as the reader learns in Chapter 8?
2. How old is Claudia when she becomes agnostic? What causes her decision?
3. How does young Claudia learn where babies come from?
4. What is the illness Claudia contracts in Chapter 7, and how is it transmitted?
5. How does Gordon react when his wife storms away from the marketplace in Chapter 3?
6. In Chapter 8, how does Claudia juggle her work schedule when she spends time with Tom during his leave?
7. What is Claudia's opinion about Sylvia?
8. Give an example from Chapter 6 that shows Claudia's inability to share true emotional intimacy.
9. Which country will play a central role in Claudia's history of the world and why?
10. What does Claudia believe is the biggest influence of her daughter's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Moon Tiger. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different, and what are the similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)