|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the flower Claudia receives in the hospital is hardy?
2. Who organizes Lisa's baptism?
3. Who wrote a book about Tito?
4. Who does not visit Claudia during her hospital stay in Chapter 1?
5. What does Lisa call her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first gift given to Claudia by Tom, and what does she do with it?
2. What is ironic about Lisa not telling her mother about her affair?
3. What is unique about Claudia's job in Cairo?
4. Which country will play a central role in Claudia's history of the world and why?
5. What is Claudia's opinion about Sylvia?
6. How does Sylvia feel about living in the U.S. for six months out of the year?
7. What is ironic about the hippos Claudia and Tom see in the Cairo Zoo?
8. Discuss Claudia's thoughts on infants and young children. When was she most interested in her own daughter?
9. What is Claudia's view of religion?
10. What does Tom put inside the ring he gives Claudia in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of foreshadowing in literature. What foreshadowing was present in Moon Tiger? Was the foreshadowing diluted since Claudia's death is expected from the beginning of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Moon Tiger.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of "love" in this novel. Which characters embody the emotion and how do they show it?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)