|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town did Claudia and Tom stay while he was on leave?
2. Who administers first aid to a soldier found wounded at the armored car wreckage?
3. What plant does Sylvia take to Claudia when she is in the hospital?
4. Who says that refusing to believe in destiny is mere self-indulgence?
5. What is the name of the man with whom Lisa is having an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Claudia's opinion about Sylvia?
2. Which country will play a central role in Claudia's history of the world and why?
3. Discuss the language soldiers used to describe war events. Why did they choose this language?
4. In Chapter 8, how does Claudia juggle her work schedule when she spends time with Tom during his leave?
5. How does Sylvia feel about living in the U.S. for six months out of the year?
6. In Chapter 2, what stab at Jasper's character does Gordon take and why is it ironic?
7. How competitive is Claudia against her brother, and what memory first shows this competitiveness to the reader?
8. Discuss the argument between Claudia and Gordon at the end of Chapter 3.
9. Describe the beginning of Claudia's relationship with Jasper.
10. Discuss Claudia's relationship with her roommate in Chapter 7.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the unusual aspects of Claudia's relationship with Gordon. What, other than their short term incestuous relationship, makes them unique?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the conflict and the crisis in Moon Tiger. How are the conflict and crisis in the story different, and what are the similarities?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between major and minor characters in literature. Discuss Claudia as a major character and select two other characters to analyze as minor characters. How does Claudia fit the definition of a major character? How do the minor characters fit the definition?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)