|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Claudia that Tom has been killed?
(a) Tom's mother.
(b) One of her officer friends.
(c) Tom's sergeant.
(d) Tom's brother.
2. Where does Claudia move to until her first baby is born?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) Her mother's home.
(d) A halfway house.
3. Whom is Camilla dating when she and Claudia live in Cairo?
(b) A tour guide.
(c) An Australian war officer.
4. How old does Claudia turn in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 15, from whom does Claudia receive the best birthday present?
(b) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudia tell Mr. Hamilton about history as they initially speak?
2. What fascinates Lisa about the place she visits on her eighth birthday?
3. What were Tom and Claudia exploring as he stole kisses in dark corners?
4. How exactly does Tom die?
5. How does Claudia feel shortly after her limo accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Hamilton's job offer to Claudia advance her writing career?
2. Other than being grief stricken, what terrifies Claudia about not knowing how Tom dies?
3. For what two reasons is Camilla amazed by Claudia's pregnancy?
4. Why does Jasper decide to pursue a career in TV?
5. Does Sylvia expect a sexual relationship between Gordon and Claudia? Why or why not?
6. What uncharacteristic way does Claudia attempt to ensure Tom's safety when she learns he is missing in action?
7. Whom does Claudia use for her standard of measurement when judging men and why?
8. Discuss the accident that severely injures Claudia.
9. Discuss why Claudia and Gordon like to dance with each other, even as children.
10. Why does Claudia refuse to pretend to be Jasper's secretary when they visit NATO together?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)