|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injuries does Claudia suffer from her limo accident?
(a) Broken ribs and internal injuries.
(b) Head trama and broken ribs.
(c) Head trama and internal injuries.
(d) Brocken sternum and internal injuries.
2. Where was the camp that Claudia visited in late 1945 located?
(a) In the southern United States.
(c) On the German-Polish border.
(d) In the Redwood Forest.
3. In Chapter 16, what does the reader learn that Claudia publish just a few weeks prior to her birthday?
(a) An autobiography.
(b) A retrospective essay on the war in Egypt.
(c) A children's novel about war.
(d) A love letter to Tom.
4. What does Camilla insinuate when she learns that Claudia is pregnant?
(a) That Claudia's family will be humiliated.
(b) That she should have an abortion.
(c) That Claudia cannot take care of a child.
(d) That Claudia is a prostitute.
5. Where do Claudia and Gordon dance together when they are young?
(a) In the old nursery.
(b) In their club house.
(c) In the den.
(d) Around the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor does Claudia's book about the historical figure she recalls in Chapter 13 win?
2. Who is the historical figure that Claudia recalls writing about out of sheer disbelief at the man's bravery, charisma, stubbornness and indestructibility?
3. What two physical characteristics does Claudia believe have made her life different?
4. What is the relationship between Claudia and Gordon once their physical relationship has ended?
5. Where do Claudia and Jasper take Lisa for her eighth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Hamilton's job offer to Claudia advance her writing career?
2. Where are Tom and Claudia when he confesses that he wants to marry her?
3. What uncharacteristic way does Claudia attempt to ensure Tom's safety when she learns he is missing in action?
4. Discuss the accident that severely injures Claudia.
5. According to Claudia, what does the destruction of Memphis reveal about history?
6. What excites Claudia about seeing her book turned into a movie?
7. For what two reasons is Camilla amazed by Claudia's pregnancy?
8. How does Claudia describe Cortez? How popular was her book about him?
9. Why does Claudia refuse to pretend to be Jasper's secretary when they visit NATO together?
10. Why doesn't the nurse try to stop Claudia's miscarriage?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)