|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are Claudia and Gordon lovers?
(a) 15 months.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 35 years.
2. Who tells Claudia that Tom has been killed?
(a) Tom's brother.
(b) Tom's sergeant.
(c) One of her officer friends.
(d) Tom's mother.
3. Having changed his mind from his original postwar plans, what does Tom now say he wants?
(a) To retire and learn to paint.
(b) To marry Claudia, have a child and live on the family farm.
(c) To grow poinsettias on his family farm.
(d) To become a book writer.
4. What is the stranger's birthday gift to Claudia in Chapter 16?
(a) A postcard from Egypt.
(b) A photo of Tom.
(c) Tom's journal.
(d) A portfolio of her newspaper clippings.
5. What is Lisa's first instinct upon finding the item in her mother's ring as a child?
(a) To call it.
(b) To pocket it.
(c) To chew it.
(d) To clean it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Camilla dating when she and Claudia live in Cairo?
2. How does Claudia benefit from the trip to Rocqueville?
3. How old does Claudia turn in Chapter 15?
4. What is missing from Tom's postwar plans as he explains his desires to Claudia?
5. In what year do the Allies endure months of standoff with Rommel's tanks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What uncharacteristic way does Claudia attempt to ensure Tom's safety when she learns he is missing in action?
2. Where are Tom and Claudia when he confesses that he wants to marry her?
3. How does Claudia describe Cortez? How popular was her book about him?
4. Why does Jasper decide to pursue a career in TV?
5. What fascinates Claudia about Memphis?
6. Why is Claudia anxious to see Lisa after she recovers from her limo accident?
7. Why does Claudia accept the offer of a film producer to buy the rights to her book?
8. How does Claudia learn of the cause of Tom's death?
9. Why does Claudia refuse to pretend to be Jasper's secretary when they visit NATO together?
10. Why does Claudia say Lisa's birth complicated everything?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)