|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the flower Claudia receives in the hospital is hardy?
(a) The nurse.
(c) The doctor.
2. In Claudia's view, what is "history?"
(a) Old stuff that had to be learned in school.
(b) Something that is alive and exciting.
(c) The result of mundane travelers.
(d) Something that is dead.
3. Whom does Sylvia visit in Chapter 3?
(a) Lisa and Jasper.
(c) Sylvia and Gordon.
4. When Claudia is 31, what does she ask from God in prayer?
(a) That her lover would choose to marry her.
(b) That she would have fame and fortune as a writer.
(c) That her lover not be thirsty and dying in a desert.
(d) That she would not be alone.
5. What does Lisa call her mother?
(d) Mrs. Hampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudia wear to her daughter's wedding?
2. What happens to the Moon Tiger?
3. Who was not invited to Lisa's baptism?
4. At which American university does Gordon teach?
5. What is Claudia's one memory of her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's view of the war, as the reader learns in Chapter 8?
2. What is the illness Claudia contracts in Chapter 7, and how is it transmitted?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Claudia juggle her work schedule when she spends time with Tom during his leave?
4. Give an example from Chapter 6 that shows Claudia's inability to share true emotional intimacy.
5. Describe Jasper.
6. Discuss Claudia's relationship with her roommate in Chapter 7.
7. What is ironic about the hippos Claudia and Tom see in the Cairo Zoo?
8. What is unique about Claudia's job in Cairo?
9. Discuss the language soldiers used to describe war events. Why did they choose this language?
10. Describe Lisa's adult family life.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)