|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sylvia visit in Chapter 3?
(b) Lisa and Jasper.
(d) Sylvia and Gordon.
2. Who lives with Harry?
(a) Lisa and their two sons.
(b) Lisa and one son, one daugher.
(c) Lisa, Claudia and Jasper.
(d) Lisa and their daughters.
3. What is the ring with a tiny compartment called?
(a) A magician's ring.
(b) A market ring.
(c) A trap ring.
(d) A poison ring.
4. As Claudia lies in the hospital thinking about her life, where is the museum in which she recalls seeing dragons on pottery?
5. Who says the war has received good press?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the person discussed in Chapter 2 stab at Claudia's crotch?
2. How does Claudia tell Tom what she does for a living?
3. What is Claudia's one memory of her father?
4. How does Claudia recall being taught history in school?
5. In Claudia's view, what is "history?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom put inside the ring he gives Claudia in Chapter 8?
2. Describe Lisa. How is she like her mother?
3. Which country will play a central role in Claudia's history of the world and why?
4. Discuss the language soldiers used to describe war events. Why did they choose this language?
5. What is Claudia's view of religion?
6. How competitive is Claudia against her brother, and what memory first shows this competitiveness to the reader?
7. Describe the beginning of Claudia's relationship with Jasper.
8. What is Claudia's opinion about Sylvia?
9. Give an example from Chapter 6 that shows Claudia's inability to share true emotional intimacy.
10. In Chapter 2, what stab at Jasper's character does Gordon take and why is it ironic?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)