|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudia tell Mr. Hamilton about history as they initially speak?
(a) That she is sick of history.
(b) That history is an illusion.
(c) That history is dead.
(d) That she was part of history herself.
2. Why isn't Claudia's Chapter 15 apology effective?
(a) It was drug induced.
(b) It's half-hearted.
(c) She apologized to the wrong person.
(d) It was scripted.
3. Which Egyptian city was a major hub even when Europeans were still living in caves?
4. What two physical characteristics does Claudia believe have made her life different?
(a) Her beauty and intelligence.
(b) Her appendectomy and an old scar.
(c) Her hair and her smile.
(d) Her height and her high cheek bones.
5. How does Claudia benefit from the trip to Rocqueville?
(a) She finds her long lost uncle.
(b) She meets people who loan her money to start her own business.
(c) She becomes a newspaper columnist.
(d) She gets to spend time with Jasper.
6. Which photograph does Claudia include in the book?
(a) One of her with Tom.
(b) One of herself sitting on a Jeep.
(c) One of her in front of a pyramid.
(d) A picture of Tom sitting on a broken wall.
7. Where do Claudia and Jasper take Lisa for her eighth birthday?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The London Zoo.
(c) Chuck E. Cheese.
8. Why is Claudia eager to see Lisa after her limo accident?
(a) To see how well she's doing in school.
(b) To show her how famous she'd become.
(c) To make up for being an indifferent mother.
(d) She is not eager to see her.
9. What injuries does Claudia suffer from her limo accident?
(a) Head trama and internal injuries.
(b) Head trama and broken ribs.
(c) Brocken sternum and internal injuries.
(d) Broken ribs and internal injuries.
10. Where is the first place that Claudia and Gordon caress each other?
(a) In the den.
(b) At a dance.
(c) On the stream bank.
(d) In the attic.
11. Who is injured in Claudia's limo accident?
(a) Claudia and a camel.
(b) Claudia and an actor.
(c) Claudia and a traffic cop.
(d) Claudia and a taxi driver.
12. Which Egyptian city does Claudia plan to feature in her history book?
13. What ceases the physical relationship between Claudia and Gordon?
(a) Gordon dumps her for Sylvia.
(b) They lose interest in each other.
(c) They get caught.
(d) Claudia gets pregnant.
14. What is missing from Tom's postwar plans as he explains his desires to Claudia?
(a) How he will start saving for what he wants.
(b) Financial goals.
(c) How he will get what he wants.
(d) A marriage proposal.
15. What two war-related emotions does Claudia learn that Tom felt near the end of his life?
(a) Grief and mourning.
(b) Love and loss.
(c) Excitement and anxiety.
(d) Boredom and horror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Claudia when her miscarriage begins?
2. How long is Claudia in the hospital after her limo accident?
3. What is the relationship between Claudia and Gordon once their physical relationship has ended?
4. How long are Claudia and Gordon lovers?
5. What was the cause of Tom's death, as Claudia learns in Chapter 16?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)