|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Egyptian city does Claudia plan to feature in her history book?
2. Where do Claudia and Jasper take Lisa for her eighth birthday?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) Chuck E. Cheese.
(d) The London Zoo.
3. What won't the nurse tell Claudia as she suffers her miscarriage?
(a) What time it occurs.
(b) The baby's gender.
(c) Whether she'll be able to have another baby.
(d) How to stop the pain.
4. What are Claudia and Gordon arguing about just before he dies?
(a) Their relationship.
5. What is the bargain Claudia tries to make with God in the cathedral?
(a) That she be pregnant if Tom dies.
(b) That Tom can be captured, just not dead.
(c) That she will never return if God helps her get home.
(d) That she will tithe if God gives her what she wants this time.
6. What causes Claudia to burst into tears on the fifth day of her hospital stay?
(a) Sylvia's harsh comments.
(b) Gordon's arrival.
(c) She learns that she was the cause of the accident.
(d) She finds out her insurance has lapsed.
7. In Chapter 14, what observation does Claudia make about her body?
(a) It is feeling tired.
(b) It records events.
(c) It has been through a lot.
(d) It is looking old.
8. What does the nurse tell Claudia when her miscarriage begins?
(a) It's false labor pains.
(b) That her baby will be a preemie.
(c) That the hospital won't care for her without insurance.
(d) It's for the best since she's not married.
9. Who is the historical figure that Claudia recalls writing about out of sheer disbelief at the man's bravery, charisma, stubbornness and indestructibility?
10. Which photograph does Claudia include in the book?
(a) A picture of Tom sitting on a broken wall.
(b) One of her in front of a pyramid.
(c) One of her with Tom.
(d) One of herself sitting on a Jeep.
11. Whom does Claudia use as her measuring guide when comparing men?
(b) Her father.
(d) Clark Gable.
12. What is Lisa's first instinct upon finding the item in her mother's ring as a child?
(a) To call it.
(b) To chew it.
(c) To pocket it.
(d) To clean it out.
13. What injuries does Claudia suffer from her limo accident?
(a) Brocken sternum and internal injuries.
(b) Head trama and internal injuries.
(c) Head trama and broken ribs.
(d) Broken ribs and internal injuries.
14. Having changed his mind from his original postwar plans, what does Tom now say he wants?
(a) To marry Claudia, have a child and live on the family farm.
(b) To become a book writer.
(c) To grow poinsettias on his family farm.
(d) To retire and learn to paint.
15. What jobs does Tom tell Claudia he had originally planned to have after the war?
(a) To become a student, and then a teacher.
(b) A journalist and member of Parliament.
(c) A TV personality and actor.
(d) A broadcaster and magazine writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How exactly does Tom die?
2. When Claudia revisits Egypt as a tourist, why is her bus companion disappointed?
3. How do Claudia and Gordon feel when they dance together?
4. Why does Jasper get angry with Claudia during their trip to Rocqueville?
5. While in Rocqueville, what does Jasper pretend to be?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)