|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to this book, do most "typical" moms do?
(a) Spend time with their children.
(b) Drink sherry and go shopping.
(c) Homeschool their children.
(d) Work in an exciting career.
2. What does Lisa call her mother?
(c) Mrs. Hampton.
3. What was a "Matilda?"
(a) A local burger special.
(b) A drink.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A girl.
4. What is Claudia told that the war really is?
(a) Idyllic and heroic.
(b) Exhaustion, exhilaration, bordom, and discomfort.
(c) Popular and necessary.
5. What plant does Sylvia take to Claudia when she is in the hospital?
(a) A rose.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A carnation.
(d) A poinsettia.
6. When did Claudia show the most interest in her daughter?
(a) When she began dance classes.
(b) When she started school.
(c) When she was learning to talk.
(d) When she began to walk.
7. Who lives with Harry?
(a) Lisa and their two sons.
(b) Lisa, Claudia and Jasper.
(c) Lisa and one son, one daugher.
(d) Lisa and their daughters.
8. Why does Tom say he stopped reading history?
(a) He tired of it.
(b) There are no libraries on the battlefield.
(c) Because he has no time, with the war and all.
(d) Because it's different when you are one of the statistics.
9. Who administers first aid to a soldier found wounded at the armored car wreckage?
(d) The general.
10. According to Chapter 2, which woman does Claudia admire most?
(a) Her mother.
11. In what town does Harry live?
12. Why does Claudia believe the country that plays a large role in her history of the world is worthy of such coverage in her book?
(a) She's fascinated with it because her father died there.
(b) It's the only country she knows.
(c) Ancient and current cultures are civilized, cultural, and intelligent.
(d) The government paid her to make it a focal point.
13. What does the back seat passenger contemplate on the way back from the airport in Chapter 3?
(a) Why her mother never married her father.
(b) Whether Gordon's affairs are all in the past.
(c) Whether Claudia will ever agree to marry him.
(d) Why he believes in destiny.
14. What was the Moon Tiger?
(a) The hero of a local legend.
(b) Tom's cologne.
(c) Mosquito repellant.
(d) A panther.
15. What was Jasper's nationality?
(a) German and Russian.
(b) German and Italian.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) English and Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers were discovered wounded at the armored car wreckage?
2. Who reared Lisa?
3. What does Claudia say killed her father?
4. What is Harry's job?
5. What was unusual about Claudia's position in the war?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)