|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lisa when she got married?
2. How does Claudia react when Sylvia visits her in the hospital in Chapter 2?
(a) Claudia pretends to be asleep.
(b) Claudia begs Sylvia not to leave.
(c) Claudia is happy to have company.
(d) Claudia tells Sylvia to leave.
3. When Claudia is 31, what does she ask from God in prayer?
(a) That her lover would choose to marry her.
(b) That her lover not be thirsty and dying in a desert.
(c) That she would have fame and fortune as a writer.
(d) That she would not be alone.
4. As a war correspondent, whom does Claudia travel with?
(a) German soldiers.
(b) Russian troops.
(c) Journalists from the U.S. and New Zealand.
(d) Her father.
5. Why was Claudia chided after help was requested for the wounded at the armored car wreckage?
(a) For drinking too much water.
(b) For not going before they left.
(c) For relieving herself.
(d) For wandering away.
6. Who does the reader learn in Chapter 2 stabs at Claudia's crotch with a finger?
(c) Her father.
7. What does Claudia tell the nurse she is writing in Chapter 1?
(a) A love story.
(b) A biography of a war captain.
(c) A history of the world.
(d) An autobiography.
8. How did the World War II soldiers that Claudia worked around disguise their horror?
(a) With vandalism.
(b) They couldn't.
(c) With banal language.
(d) By taking drugs.
9. Who disapproves of organized religion, especially the Church of England?
10. Why does Claudia believe the country that plays a large role in her history of the world is worthy of such coverage in her book?
(a) The government paid her to make it a focal point.
(b) She's fascinated with it because her father died there.
(c) Ancient and current cultures are civilized, cultural, and intelligent.
(d) It's the only country she knows.
11. Who is Claudia's date for the Chapter 2 celebration?
12. What does Lisa admire about her mother?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her business sense.
(c) Her coyness.
(d) Her fingernails.
13. What is the name of the man with whom Lisa is having an affair?
14. Why doesn't Lisa tell her mother about her affair?
(a) Her mother would tell everyone.
(b) Her mother would approve.
(c) Her mother would disapprove.
(d) Her mother might tell her husband.
15. What interested Claudia in the Mayflower?
(a) The excitement of exploration.
(b) A spaniel was on it.
(c) An obsession with Columbus.
(d) The adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits in the back seat on the way back from the airport in Chapter 3?
2. Whom does Claudia believe should have been killed in the war?
3. Who reared Lisa?
4. Why does Tom say he stopped reading history?
5. What happens to the Moon Tiger?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)