|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sylvia visit in Chapter 3?
(b) Lisa and Jasper.
(c) Sylvia and Gordon.
2. Who says the flower Claudia receives in the hospital is hardy?
(a) The nurse.
(d) The doctor.
3. How exactly does Tom die?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) No one knows.
(d) He died of heat stroke.
4. What is Lisa's first instinct upon finding the item in her mother's ring as a child?
(a) To call it.
(b) To chew it.
(c) To pocket it.
(d) To clean it out.
5. As a war correspondent, whom does Claudia travel with?
(a) Journalists from the U.S. and New Zealand.
(b) Russian troops.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa admire about her mother?
2. In what year do the Allies endure months of standoff with Rommel's tanks?
3. What one aspect of Tom's postwar plans makes Claudia hesitate?
4. How does Claudia react when Sylvia visits her in the hospital in Chapter 2?
5. As Claudia recollects, why does Jasper decide to leave his job at the Foreign Office?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)