|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three countries does Tom tell Claudia he has visited?
(a) America, Mexico and Cairo.
(b) America, New Zealand, and Australia.
(c) America, Italy and Greece.
(d) America, Spain and France.
2. Who in Claudia's current life knows about her miscarriage?
(a) Gordon only.
(b) Lisa only.
(c) No one.
(d) Jasper only.
3. How does Claudia react when Sylvia visits her in the hospital in Chapter 2?
(a) Claudia pretends to be asleep.
(b) Claudia begs Sylvia not to leave.
(c) Claudia tells Sylvia to leave.
(d) Claudia is happy to have company.
4. What does the nurse tell Claudia when her miscarriage begins?
(a) That her baby will be a preemie.
(b) It's false labor pains.
(c) It's for the best since she's not married.
(d) That the hospital won't care for her without insurance.
5. What does Lisa admire about her mother?
(a) Her business sense.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her fingernails.
(d) Her coyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Claudia, all history is a history of...
2. What does Lisa find in her mother's secret-compartment ring as a child?
3. Who does the reader learn in Chapter 2 stabs at Claudia's crotch with a finger?
4. In Chapter 2, what was the command for the special trick the dog would do?
5. What is Claudia told that the war really is?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)