|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Claudia's limo accident occur?
(a) On the Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) On a movie set.
(d) In downtown Los Angeles.
2. What changed Tom's mind about his postwar plans?
(a) He thinks Claudia can get him a publishing deal.
(b) The price of poinsettia seeds.
(c) After killing so many people in war, he wants to see things grow now.
(d) He has a natural talent for art.
3. Whom is Camilla dating when she and Claudia live in Cairo?
(b) A tour guide.
(c) An Australian war officer.
4. What jobs does Tom tell Claudia he had originally planned to have after the war?
(a) A TV personality and actor.
(b) A journalist and member of Parliament.
(c) A broadcaster and magazine writer.
(d) To become a student, and then a teacher.
5. What causes Claudia to burst into tears on the fifth day of her hospital stay?
(a) Sylvia's harsh comments.
(b) Gordon's arrival.
(c) She learns that she was the cause of the accident.
(d) She finds out her insurance has lapsed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not invited to Lisa's baptism?
2. What position does the successful book Claudia recalls in Chapter 13 earn her?
3. Which Egyptian city was a major hub even when Europeans were still living in caves?
4. What injuries does Claudia suffer from her limo accident?
5. What is missing from Tom's postwar plans as he explains his desires to Claudia?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)