|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are killed in Claudia's limo accident?
2. Why does the war suddenly become real to Claudia?
(a) Because she's reporting it.
(b) Because she witnessed a bombing.
(c) Because she worries about Tom.
(d) Because she can't get home.
3. Having changed his mind from his original postwar plans, what does Tom now say he wants?
(a) To marry Claudia, have a child and live on the family farm.
(b) To grow poinsettias on his family farm.
(c) To retire and learn to paint.
(d) To become a book writer.
4. Where does Claudia's limo accident occur?
(a) On the Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) In downtown Los Angeles.
(d) On a movie set.
5. What were Tom and Claudia exploring as he stole kisses in dark corners?
(a) A tent.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) A mosque.
(d) A market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jobs does Tom tell Claudia he had originally planned to have after the war?
2. What was the name of Jasper's father?
3. Why doesn't Lisa tell her mother about her affair?
4. Which Egyptian city was a major hub even when Europeans were still living in caves?
5. Who does Claudia call an "unprincipled bastard?"
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)