1. Which word does not describe Claudia?
2. Who does not visit Claudia during her hospital stay in Chapter 1?
3. What does Claudia tell the nurse she is writing in Chapter 1?
(a) A biography of a war captain.
(b) A love story.
(c) A history of the world.
(d) An autobiography.
4. What does the reader learn in Chapter 1 that Claudia and her brother collected on the beach as children?
(a) Sand dollars.
(c) Hermit crabs.
5. What does Claudia say killed her father?
(a) A freak accident.
6. What is Claudia's one memory of her father?
(a) Him holding her in his arms.
(b) Sitting on the beach with him.
(c) Him lifting her on his shoulders.
(d) A special Christmas gift he gave her.
7. As Claudia lies in the hospital thinking about her life, where is the museum in which she recalls seeing dragons on pottery?
This section contains 4,317 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)