• As she lies dying in a hospital bed, Claudia reviews the essential events and people of her adventurous and remarkable life.
• In the hospital, Claudia is visited by family and friends -- but none really have any fond memories of her.
• A controversial historian, Claudia's popular works on Tito, Cortez and Napoleon have shocked and thrilled millions.
• Many of Claudia's memories focus on her exploits as a newspaper correspondent based in Cairo during World War II and the death of Tom Southern, a young tank commander, with whom she falls in love.
• Claudia informs her nurse that she is writing a history of the world while in the hospital.
• Claudia's mother and her nurse did not allow the young Claudia to climb trees, and swim in deep water, or play in snow and mud and fire.
• Claudia is very competitive with her brother Gordon who is only...
This section contains 3,708 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)