|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Stucky Cybulskis write in the senior classroom?
(a) A joke.
(b) A poem.
(c) A quotation.
(d) A thesis statement.
2. How do the girls get into the school to search for Stucky's writing?
(a) Through the kitchen door.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through a skylight.
(d) Through the front door.
3. How long is Miss Sadie out of the country before she can return to try to reunite with her son?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Several years.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
4. Who arrives in town along with Devlin and Burton when they return?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The medical examiner.
(c) The governor.
(d) A presidential candidate.
5. How does Miss Sadie react, when Abilene tries to find a pot in a locked area?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abilene do to try to get Miss Sadie to continue telling her stories?
2. Where are the graves of those who died in the tragedy that struck the town after Ned's death?
3. Why do the townspeople want the same land Devlin want?
4. What does Abilene discover Shady doing at night in the woods?
5. What word does Abilene look up in the dictionary?
Short Essay Questions
1. On July 15, 1918, what does Abilene go to the cemetery to look for?
2. What does the man from the government who comes to Shady's bar do while he's there?
3. What does Ned hope the people in the town are doing, in his letter home?
4. What role does Abilene take on at the end of the novel?
5. What are the obstacles to the townspeople buying the property that Devlin wants?
6. Where in the classroom do the girls find Stucky's writing?
7. How does Abilene discover who her father is in Manifest?
8. In "The Shadow of Death," what does Abilene realize about her compass?
9. What happens to Burton after the land auction?
10. How does Devlin ask Mrs. Larkin to dinner?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)