|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attainment did Mrs. Evans' daughter achieve in 1918?
(a) School newspaper editor-in-chief.
(b) Girls baseball MVP.
(c) Prom queen.
(d) Senior class president.
2. What does everyone in Manifest pretend?
(a) They pretend an important person is coming to the nearby city.
(b) They pretend there is a fire.
(c) They pretend to be sick.
(d) They pretend there is an accident out of town.
3. Why do the townspeople want the same land Devlin want?
(a) They want to drive Devlin out of business.
(b) They want leverage to get Devlin to treat workers better.
(c) They want to start their own competing mine.
(d) They want to build a place for workers to live and grow food.
4. What does Abilene offer to do for Miss Sadie's injury?
(a) Plaster it.
(b) Bandage it.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Lance it.
5. What does Shady give to the man from the government who comes to his bar?
(c) A glass of liquor.
(d) A glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who organized the secret meeting to talk about the land Mr. Devlin wants to buy?
2. Where on Miss Sadie's property does Abilene try to go to find a pot?
3. What is mixed with the liquor the sheriff takes from Shady?
4. Who remains in town, who might or might not keep the secret?
5. What disease is spreading through the country in 1918?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned write in his letter about being wounded?
2. How does Devlin ask Mrs. Larkin to dinner?
3. Why do Abilene and her friends decide to organize another Annual Homecoming Celebration?
4. How is Miss Sadie's health when Abilene visits her on August 23, 1936?
5. How do Jinx and Shady sell their miracle elixir?
6. How does Abilene feel about the growth of Miss Sadie's garden?
7. What does Hattie Mae convey to Abilene about Gideon?
8. What does Ned hope the people in the town are doing, in his letter home?
9. What does Shady do while the liquids are being mixed for Jinx's mixture?
10. Why is Miss Sadie's son not allowed to return to her country with her?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)