|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abilene react to the interruption?
(a) She immediately invites the interrupters to see what she has.
(b) She runs off.
(c) She at first tries to get the interrupters to go away.
(d) She hides her things and immediately greets the interrupters.
2. Why doesn't Abilene look at what she found the previous evening before leaving for school?
(a) She doesn't want to draw attention to what she's found.
(b) She doesn't have time.
(c) Her mind is on other things.
(d) She's forgotten about it.
3. What booth does Ned go to?
(a) The Salvation Army booth.
(b) The Woman's Christian Temperance Union booth.
(c) The National Woman Suffrage Association booth.
(d) The Daughters of the Revolution booth.
4. Where do the girls go to hunt?
(a) Miss Sadie's yard.
(b) The schoolyard.
(c) The park.
(d) The woods.
5. How well-made is Miss Sadie's gate?
(a) Not very well made, but sturdy enough to stand.
(b) Very well made, so that teh builder gets many other jobs.
(c) Well made, but not as well made as the builder's next gate.
(d) So badly made that it falls down immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abilene break trying to get her lost item?
2. What does Jinx do with his share of the money?
3. What do Shady and Jinx use to make the extra liquor?
4. Where does the sheriff's brother-in-law live?
5. Who does Jinx blame for Ned going to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jinx and the boy he made the trade with see while they are hiding in the bushes?
2. Why does Abilene's father choose Manifest as the place he sends her?
3. Where does Ned go after leaving the town?
4. What does Ned do for a living?
5. What note do Abilene and her friends find?
6. What do Abilene and her friends think is strange about the way Miss Sadie talks about herself in her stories?
7. Where do Ned and Jinx work on their business?
8. How does Abilene answer questions about her parents at school?
9. Why does Miss Sadie want Abilene to work around her house?
10. What does Jinx offer to trade the boy for his food?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)