|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Billy Claton's mother?
(a) She has had a baby.
(b) She has injured her leg.
(c) She has fainted.
(d) She has gotten pneumonia.
2. Who sends Abilene and her friends out to search for something?
(b) Miss Sadie.
(c) Mr. Underhill.
(d) Sister Redempta.
3. What is used to make the gate Abilene sees?
(a) Sticks and twigs tied together.
(b) Orange crates.
(c) Forks, kettles, and other household metal goods.
(d) Chains and ropes.
4. Does Abilene recover her lost item?
(a) No, she keeps trying but can't retrieve it.
(b) Yes, she gets it and leaves without being seen.
(c) No, she runs away without recovering it.
(d) Yes, but someone sees her retrieving it.
5. What food does Jinx want to get from the boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What booth does Ned go to?
2. What is on the shelf behind Shady's bar?
3. How well-made is Miss Sadie's gate?
4. What does Jinx say happened to his mother?
5. After Abilene becomes frightened, who does she run into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise does Abilene hear while she and her friends are out hunting?
2. What newspaper clipping does Abilene show Lettie and Ruthanne at the end of "Likely Suspects"?
3. How did Jinx become separated from his uncle?
4. What does Abilene think of Miss Sadie's yard?
5. Besides money, what object does Abilene give to Miss Sadie, and why?
6. What does Abilene find in the hiding place she decides to use for her valuables?
7. What is the profession of the person Abilene is going to stay with in Manifest?
8. What assignment does the teacher give Abilene to complete over the summer?
9. What does Abilene think of the story Miss Sadie told her as her fortune?
10. What do Abilene and her friends think is strange about the way Miss Sadie talks about herself in her stories?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)