|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Abilene give Miss Sadie for a fortune?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A dime.
(d) A half-dollar.
2. What sound does Ruthanne's uncle hear in the woods one night?
(a) A booming sound.
(b) A rattling sound.
(c) A banging sound.
(d) A ringing sound.
3. How does Abilene hope to avoid going to Miss Sadie's again?
(a) By getting in so much trouble with Shady that he won't let her go.
(b) By pretending to be sick.
(c) By making herself so valuable to Shady that he won't let her go.
(d) By pretending to have too much homework to do.
4. What grade does the teacher give Abilene?
(b) An A.
(d) An incomplete.
5. Who is with Billy Clayton's mother?
(a) Miss Sadie.
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Sister Redempta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How well-made is Miss Sadie's gate?
2. Who do Abilene and her friends think left the note they find?
3. Where is Abilene's room at Shady's Place?
4. What does Ned win in the shell game?
5. When Ruthanne's uncle comes back the next morning to investigate the sound, what does he find in one of his traps?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Abilene decide to put her valuables before going to sleep?
2. What does Mr. Underhill do at the cemetery?
3. What does Jinx offer to trade the boy for his food?
4. What do Abilene and her friends think is strange about the way Miss Sadie talks about herself in her stories?
5. What note do Abilene and her friends find?
6. What is Abilene doing before her friends come by to ask her to come hunting?
7. What does Ned do for a living?
8. What does the first letter Abilene read talk about?
9. What is the plan to make money from the Victory Quilt?
10. Why do Lance Devlin and Ned fight?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)