|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the interrupters want?
(a) To give Abilene a message.
(b) To make friends with Abilene.
(c) To ask Abilene to dinner.
(d) To question Abilene about herself.
2. What profession does Mr. Delvin's son have?
3. How well-made is Miss Sadie's gate?
(a) Very well made, so that teh builder gets many other jobs.
(b) Not very well made, but sturdy enough to stand.
(c) Well made, but not as well made as the builder's next gate.
(d) So badly made that it falls down immediately.
4. Does the boy accept Jinx's trade?
(a) Yes, but the boy gets Jins to add something to the trade.
(b) Yes, the boy trades for what Jinx offers.
(c) No, the boy rejects Jiinx's trade immediately.
(d) No, at first the boy accepts, but then he changes his mind.
5. What is in Abilene's box lined with newspaper?
(a) Opera glasses.
(b) A watch.
(c) A compass.
(d) A lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Shady lose his former church?
2. How does Abilene disembark the train to Manifest?
3. What does Shady give to Abilene when he first sees her?
4. What does Abilene walk toward after leaving the train?
5. How does Abilene clean herself after leaving the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fireworks man show Ned and Jinx?
2. What does Shady's Place look like?
3. Why does Jinx have to work for Miss Velma T?
4. What do Jinx and the boy he made the trade with see while they are hiding in the bushes?
5. How did Jinx become separated from his uncle?
6. Where does Ned go after leaving the town?
7. What does Abilene think of the story Miss Sadie told her as her fortune?
8. Why do Lance Devlin and Ned fight?
9. Why does Abilene's father choose Manifest as the place he sends her?
10. Why does Miss Sadie want Abilene to work around her house?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)