|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shady say he is picking up?
(a) A bible.
(b) A letter.
(c) A friend.
(d) A sandwich.
2. Where does the sheriff's brother-in-law live?
3. What do Lettie and Ruthanne do, when the three girls are at Miss Sadie's gate?
(a) They dare Abilene to steal something from Miss Sadie.
(b) They promise Abilene to wait for her by the gate.
(c) They warn Abilene not to go in.
(d) They tease Abilene about going in.
4. What did Jinx's uncle teach him?
(a) How to live off the land.
(b) How to do carpentry.
(c) How to do meetalwork.
(d) How to be a con artist.
5. What does the woman whose quilt square is rejected do in response?
(a) She curses the woman who rejected the square.
(b) Shs breaks down and begins crying.
(c) She slaps the woman who rejected the square.
(d) She spits at the quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Abilene give Miss Sadie for a fortune?
2. What is in Abilene's box lined with newspaper?
3. When Ruthanne's uncle comes back the next morning to investigate the sound, what does he find in one of his traps?
4. What time does school let out?
5. What ride does Ned want to go on with Pearl Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abilene think of Miss Sadie's yard?
2. What is the plan to make money from the Victory Quilt?
3. What does Jinx offer to trade the boy for his food?
4. What is Abilene doing before her friends come by to ask her to come hunting?
5. What do Abilene and her friends find in the woods?
6. What does the first letter Abilene read talk about?
7. What makes Abilene think that Sister Redempta has been to see Miss Sadie?
8. What note do Abilene and her friends find?
9. What does Mr. Underhill do at the cemetery?
10. What is the profession of the person Abilene is going to stay with in Manifest?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)