|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Sadie send Abilene to get for her?
(a) Her glasses.
(c) A dustpan.
(d) A cup of tea.
2. Who becomes the first prime suspect to be the "Rattler"?
(a) Sister Redempta.
(c) Miss Sadie.
(d) Mr. Underhill.
3. How much does Abilene give Miss Sadie for a fortune?
(a) A half-dollar.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A quarter.
4. What does Ned want to make and sell?
5. What does the sheriff do with Jinx's catfish?
(a) He drops it.
(b) He steals it.
(c) He throws it out.
(d) He takes a picture of it.
6. How did Ned get to Manifest?
(a) With a group of itinerant workers.
(b) With a family passing through.
(c) On foot, alone.
(d) On an orphan train.
7. Where does Abilene go to examine what she's found in her room?
(a) A cave.
(b) A barn.
(c) The woods.
(d) A tree house.
8. How does Abilene react to the interruption?
(a) She runs off.
(b) She at first tries to get the interrupters to go away.
(c) She immediately invites the interrupters to see what she has.
(d) She hides her things and immediately greets the interrupters.
9. What happened to Shady's former church?
(a) It fell down.
(b) It burned down.
(c) It was repossessed.
(d) It had to be sold.
10. Who refuses the immigrant woman's quilt square?
(a) Miss Sadie.
(b) Mrs. Clayton.
(c) Mrs. Larkin.
(d) Sister Redempta.
11. Where does Shady take Abilene?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To the newspaper office.
(c) To the general store.
(d) To the sheriff's office.
12. Where is the notice "Perdition"?
(a) Sideways along the gate.
(b) Across the top of the gate.
(c) On a post behind the gate.
(d) On a sign that's fallen to the ground.
13. Why does Shady leave the house, allowing Abilene to sneak over to Miss Sadie's?
(a) To collect some old wood.
(b) To visit a friend in town.
(c) To buy groceries.
(d) To go fix a fence.
14. How much money do Jinx and Ned make in their business venture?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Seventy dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
15. What does Jinx do, when he hears a girl's voice?
(a) He runs away from her.
(b) He calls out to her.
(c) He runs toward her.
(d) He hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ned live in Manifest?
2. Where do the girls go to hunt?
3. What does Hattie Mae offer Abilene?
4. What does Jinx say happened to his mother?
5. How long ago did Shady lose his former church?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)