|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the boy accept Jinx's trade?
(a) No, at first the boy accepts, but then he changes his mind.
(b) Yes, the boy trades for what Jinx offers.
(c) No, the boy rejects Jiinx's trade immediately.
(d) Yes, but the boy gets Jins to add something to the trade.
2. Does Abilene recover her lost item?
(a) Yes, but someone sees her retrieving it.
(b) Yes, she gets it and leaves without being seen.
(c) No, she keeps trying but can't retrieve it.
(d) No, she runs away without recovering it.
3. How do Abilene and her friends investigate their suspect?
(a) They read the suspect's mail.
(b) They take the suspect's fingerprints.
(c) They follow the suspect.
(d) They search the suspect's house.
4. What does Miss Sadie assume when Abilene comes to the house?
(a) That Abilene is trying to sell her something.
(b) That Abilene wants information.
(c) That Abilene is trying to steal from her.
(d) That Abilene wants her fortune told.
5. What does Jinx say happened to his mother?
(a) She ran off to become an actress.
(b) She went away to an art school.
(c) She disappeared without explanation.
(d) She became ill.
6. Who does Jinx blame for Ned going to war?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
7. What does Ned do with his share of the money?
(a) He buys a ring for Pearl Ann.
(b) He bribes his way into the military.
(c) He hides it in a box under a rock.
(d) He buys a bicycle.
8. Where is Miss Sadie injured?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her back.
9. What kind of game does Abilene play as she walks to Miss Sadie's?
(a) A clapping game.
(b) A memory game.
(c) An imagination game.
(d) A rhyming game.
10. What does Jinx do with his share of the money?
(a) He buys the Victory Quilt.
(b) He gives the money to Shady.
(c) He buys a gun.
(d) He buys a new bell for the school.
11. What ride does Ned want to go on with Pearl Ann?
(a) The ferris wheel.
(b) The swing ride.
(c) The tilt-a-whirl.
(d) The carousel.
12. What does Abilene ask Miss Sadie about?
(a) The newspaper.
(c) Her father.
(d) The Rattler.
13. Who sends Abilene and her friends out to search for something?
(a) Miss Sadie.
(b) Sister Redempta.
(c) Mr. Underhill.
14. What does Abilene find, as the girls start their hunt?
(a) A trail marker.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A strange flower.
(d) A grave.
15. What does Ned want to make and sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Larkin object to Ned?
2. What does Ned win in the shell game?
3. What does the sheriff come to get from Shady?
4. What item in Miss Sadie's story seems similar to something Abilene found?
5. How much money does Abilene have when she travels to Manifest?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)