|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Dying Breath, Miss Sadie's Divining Parlor, Day of Reckoning, and The Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What booth does Ned go to?
(a) The Daughters of the Revolution booth.
(b) The Woman's Christian Temperance Union booth.
(c) The National Woman Suffrage Association booth.
(d) The Salvation Army booth.
2. What does Abilene think about going to school?
(a) She thinks it's a dumb idea.
(b) She doesn't care one way or the other.
(c) She's afraid.
(d) She thinks it's a great idea.
3. What does the sheriff do with Jinx's catfish?
(a) He throws it out.
(b) He steals it.
(c) He takes a picture of it.
(d) He drops it.
4. What does Jinx do with his share of the money?
(a) He gives the money to Shady.
(b) He buys a new bell for the school.
(c) He buys the Victory Quilt.
(d) He buys a gun.
5. What reason does Ned give that immigrants come to the town?
(a) For work.
(b) To earn citizenship.
(c) For education.
(d) For land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Abilene tell Shady about the story Miss Sadie told?
2. What sound does Ruthanne's uncle hear in the woods one night?
3. What does everyone in Manifest pretend?
4. What does Abilene walk toward after leaving the train?
5. What does Abilene gather for Miss Sadie while her friends Lettie and Ruthanne are out of town?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)