|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through One Short, One Long, Miss Sadie's Divining Parlor, and The Walls Go Up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abilene disembark the train to Manifest?
(a) By climbing off down a ladder.
(b) By jumping off as it slows.
(c) By falling off and rolling down a hill.
(d) By sneaking off among the crowds.
2. What does Ned ask Jinx to do in his letter?
(a) Send him a cloth handkerchief.
(b) Send him a dried flower.
(c) Take a girl and go to the lake.
(d) Take his lure and go fishing.
3. What does Hattie Mae offer Abilene?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) A cookie.
4. How much money do Jinx and Ned make in their business venture?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Seventy dollars.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
5. What mood is Abilene in after talking with Hattie Mae?
(a) A happy mood.
(b) A sleepy mood.
(c) A sad mood.
(d) A bad mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abilene think about going to school?
2. What does Jinx do with his share of the money?
3. On July 3, 1936, what chores does Abilene do at Miss Sadie's house?
4. What railway does Abilene ride on the way to Manifest?
5. How much money does Abilene have when she travels to Manifest?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)