|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Dying Breath, Miss Sadie's Divining Parlor, Day of Reckoning, and The Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the interrupters want?
(a) To give Abilene a message.
(b) To ask Abilene to dinner.
(c) To make friends with Abilene.
(d) To question Abilene about herself.
2. What happened to Shady's former church?
(a) It fell down.
(b) It had to be sold.
(c) It burned down.
(d) It was repossessed.
3. Who refuses the immigrant woman's quilt square?
(a) Mrs. Clayton.
(b) Miss Sadie.
(c) Mrs. Larkin.
(d) Sister Redempta.
4. What reason does Ned give that immigrants come to the town?
(a) For work.
(b) For education.
(c) For land.
(d) To earn citizenship.
5. How much money do Jinx and Ned make in their business venture?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Thirty dollars.
(c) Seventy dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What locations are popular with the rich because of the disease epidemic?
2. Why does Mrs. Larkin object to Ned?
3. Do the townspeople make enough money from their elixir to buy the land they want?
4. What does Miss Sadie assume when Abilene comes to the house?
5. When Miss Sadie picks up her story of Jinx and Ned on August 11, 1936, what does she begin with?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)