|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode to the Rattler, Drawing Straws, Miss Sadie's Diving Parlor and Distribution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jinx first appears in the story, what is he doing?
(a) Walking along a dirt road.
(b) Climbing up a water tower.
(d) Jumping from a train.
2. How much liquor does the sheriff demand from Shady by the next day?
(a) Quadruple his usual amount.
(b) Double his usual amount.
(c) Triple his usual amount.
(d) One and a half times his usual amount.
3. Who sends Abilene and her friends out to search for something?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
(b) Sister Redempta.
(c) Miss Sadie.
4. What does Abilene ask Miss Sadie about?
(b) The Rattler.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Her father.
5. What did Stucky Cybulskis write in the senior classroom?
(a) A quotation.
(b) A poem.
(c) A joke.
(d) A thesis statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sheriff say the murderer his brother-in-law is looking for might be?
2. When Abilene delivers to Miss Sadie the items she wanted from the woods, what container does Abilene use?
3. How big is the catfish Jinx brings home to Shady?
4. What reason does Ned give that immigrants come to the town?
5. When Ruthanne's uncle comes back the next morning to investigate the sound, what does he find in one of his traps?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)