|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode to the Rattler, Drawing Straws, Miss Sadie's Diving Parlor and Distribution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What loud noise interrupts Jinx's argument with the boy?
(a) A car motor.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A train whistle.
2. Does Abilene tell Shady about the story Miss Sadie told?
(a) Yes, and Shady remembers Jinx and Ned.
(b) Yes, but it doesn't sound familiar to Shady.
(c) No, Abilene doesn't mention the story.
(d) No, Abilene mentions the story but doesn't tell the details.
3. What do Shady and Jinx use to make the extra liquor?
(a) Hair tonic.
(b) Liver drops.
(c) Cough syrup.
(d) Vitamin elixir.
4. What kind of sandwiches do the girls eat while they are out searching?
(a) Peanut butter.
(c) Tuna fish.
5. Where does the sheriff say the murderer his brother-in-law is looking for might be?
(a) Hiding in someone's home.
(b) Camping in the woods.
(c) Living in the mines.
(d) Hiding in the schoolyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings cake to Shady's Sunday service?
2. What kind of snack do the girls eat with their sandwiches while they are out searching?
3. What does Abilene ask Miss Sadie about?
4. What sound does Ruthanne's uncle hear in the woods one night?
5. What reason does Ned give that immigrants come to the town?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)