|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person is not waiting for Natalya in the dining room at the end of Act 1?
2. According to Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, where did he see Islayev earlier in the day?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) At the dam.
(c) In the library.
3. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
(b) Liza Moshnin.
(d) Anya Verenitsin.
4. With which character did Natalya want to talk in Act 2, Part 2?
5. According to Natalya, what is one of nature's primary characteristics?
(b) A threatening demeanor.
6. According to Islayev, who "lacks [...] love for his job"?
(a) The American chimney sweep.
(b) The Russian peasant.
(c) The German peasant.
7. According to Schaaf, what is the "thief of time"?
(d) Mowing the lawn.
8. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
9. Which name below is the name of one of the suitors in Shpigelski's story in Act 1, Part 2?
10. To whom does Shpigelski prescribe "little white pills"?
11. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
12. What does Natalya like most about the character with whom she is infatuated?
(a) His gentle demeanor.
(b) His looks.
(c) His candor.
(d) His youth.
13. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
(d) Vera Natalyova.
14. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
15. For what does Beliayev want to buy gunpowder?
(b) His rifle.
(c) His cannon.
(d) Getting rid of ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shpigelski, what is the "main thing in marriage"?
2. Who enters at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
3. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
4. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
5. What do Natalya's relatives call her?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)