|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Natalya call "Mr. Detective"?
2. For what were Shpigelski and Bolshintsov supposedly searching in the garden?
(b) Lillies of the Valley.
3. What was Dufour's country of origin?
4. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
5. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
6. According to Schaaf, what is the "thief of time"?
(d) Mowing the lawn.
7. Which two types of tree does Rakitin compare in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Oak and birch.
(b) Hickory and willow.
(c) Apple and pear.
(d) Oak and maple.
8. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A toy car.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A stamp collection.
(d) A kite.
9. Who says that talking to Rakitin is like "making lace"?
10. Whose illness did Shpigelski intend to treat in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The librarian's.
(b) The construction foreman's.
(c) The gardener's.
(d) The coachman's.
11. What type of weather does Rakitin mention in Act 1, Part 2?
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A thunderstorm.
12. What is Schaaf carrying in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A Greek lexicon.
(c) A fishing rod.
(d) A cello.
13. Who is Schaaf's partner in the card game?
14. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
15. According to Shpigelski, what is the "main thing in marriage"?
(b) "Polite tolerance."
(d) "A solid character."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Beliayev?
2. In Act 2, Part 1, who reports having burst into tears unexpectedly?
3. Beliayev mentions that whose birthday is next week?
4. Where did Beliayev live before coming to Natalya's house?
5. What does Natalya primarily want for Kolya?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)