|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose illness did Shpigelski intend to treat in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The construction foreman's.
(b) The librarian's.
(c) The coachman's.
(d) The gardener's.
2. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
(b) "To be or not to be."
3. Whom does Rakitin call a "stupid, fat, lumbering man"?
(a) The coachman.
4. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
5. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
6. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
7. What do Natalya's relatives call her?
(c) Natalya Petrochka.
8. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
9. According to Shpigelski, what is bothering Natalya in addition to her nerves?
(d) The north wind.
10. What did Beliayev pursue by climbing a tree?
(a) A bird.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A fly baseball.
(d) A kite.
11. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
12. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
(b) The Verenitsins.
(c) The Krinitsins.
13. Whom does Natalya call "a great cynic"?
14. What is Schaaf carrying in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A fishing rod.
(c) A Greek lexicon.
(d) A cello.
15. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dinnertime in Natalya's household?
2. Who made Kolya a bow and arrows?
3. For what were Shpigelski and Bolshintsov supposedly searching in the garden?
4. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
5. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)