|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 1, Rakitin states that Natalya is like what kind of animal?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
2. Whom does Natalya call "a great cynic"?
3. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Which character does Shpigelski call grandmother?
5. What toy does Kolya have in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A kite.
(c) A train.
(d) A slingshot.
6. How old is Vera?
7. According to Shpigelski, what is bothering Natalya in addition to her nerves?
(c) The north wind.
8. According to Natalya, what is one of nature's primary characteristics?
(c) A threatening demeanor.
9. According to Islayev, who "lacks [...] love for his job"?
(a) The American chimney sweep.
(b) The German peasant.
(c) The Russian peasant.
10. Which novel did Beliayev translate?
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) The Milkmaid of Montfermel.
(d) Les Miserables.
11. Whom does Natalya accuse of being "mysterious"?
12. Which female character takes snuff?
13. Which character does Rakitin love?
14. According to Shpigelski, which character is "straight from the Golden Age of Innocence"?
15. How old is Beliayev?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dinnertime in Natalya's household?
2. According to Schaaf, what is the "thief of time"?
3. In Act 3, Part 1, Natalya confesses that she is infatuated with which character?
4. Who is Schaaf's partner in the card game?
5. Whom does Rakitin call a "stupid, fat, lumbering man"?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)