|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Natalya states in Act 2, Part 2, "there's nothing more depressing than gloomy" what?
2. Which character claims to be a "practical sort of person"?
3. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Five months.
(d) A year.
4. Who wants Katya to marry him?
5. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
6. About whom does Shpigelski tell a story in Act 1, Part 2?
7. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
8. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
9. Whose illness did Shpigelski intend to treat in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The construction foreman's.
(b) The gardener's.
(c) The librarian's.
(d) The coachman's.
10. Who wins the game definitively in Act 1, Part 2?
11. Where did Beliayev live before coming to Natalya's house?
(a) St. Petersburg.
12. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
13. In Act 2, Part 1, who reports having burst into tears unexpectedly?
14. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
(a) Liza Moshnin.
(c) Anya Verenitsin.
15. Which name below is the name of one of the suitors in Shpigelski's story in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is searching for a tutor in Moscow for Kolya?
2. Whom does Natalya call "a great cynic"?
3. Who wins most of the hands of the game in Act 1, Part 1?
4. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
5. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)