|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Rakitin love?
2. Which character claims to be a "practical sort of person"?
3. For what were Shpigelski and Bolshintsov supposedly searching in the garden?
(a) Lillies of the Valley.
4. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
(a) The Krinitsins.
(c) The Verenitsins.
5. Which female character takes snuff?
6. What toy does Kolya have in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A train.
(b) A kite.
(c) A slingshot.
7. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
8. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A stamp collection.
(b) A toy car.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A kite.
9. Who made Kolya a bow and arrows?
10. Who is searching for a tutor in Moscow for Kolya?
(a) The czar.
(d) The princess.
11. Whom does Natalya suddenly remember at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
12. According to Islayev, who "lacks [...] love for his job"?
(a) The German peasant.
(b) The Russian peasant.
(d) The American chimney sweep.
13. As Natalya states in Act 2, Part 2, "there's nothing more depressing than gloomy" what?
14. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
15. According to Natalya, what is one of nature's primary characteristics?
(c) A threatening demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person is not waiting for Natalya in the dining room at the end of Act 1?
2. How much money does the loser owe the winner of the game in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
4. In Act 1, Part 1, Rakitin states that Natalya is like what kind of animal?
5. Who enters at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)