|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beliayev intend to shoot in the garden?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A bird.
2. In Act 2, Part 1, who reports having burst into tears unexpectedly?
3. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
4. Who plans to be Natalya's partner in "educating" Beliayev?
5. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A toy car.
(b) A kite.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A stamp collection.
6. According to Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, where did he see Islayev earlier in the day?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the dam.
(d) In the kitchen.
7. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
8. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
9. What was Dufour's country of origin?
10. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
11. What is Katya picking in Act 2, Part 1?
12. Which character does Shpigelski call grandmother?
13. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
(c) "To be or not to be."
14. Who enters at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
15. Whom does Natalya suddenly remember at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
2. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
3. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
4. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
5. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)