|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 400 yards.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
2. Which person is not waiting for Natalya in the dining room at the end of Act 1?
3. Who wins most of the hands of the game in Act 1, Part 1?
4. Who enters at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
5. What is the name of the carpenter who is working on Islayev's project?
6. In Act 1, Part 1, Rakitin states that Natalya is like what kind of animal?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A mouse.
7. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
(a) The Krinitsins.
(d) The Verenitsins.
8. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
9. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
10. According to Schaaf, what is the "thief of time"?
(c) Mowing the lawn.
11. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A stamp collection.
(b) A toy car.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A kite.
12. For what does Beliayev want to buy gunpowder?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His cannon.
(c) Getting rid of ants.
13. What is Katya picking in Act 2, Part 1?
14. According to Shpigelski, which character is "straight from the Golden Age of Innocence"?
15. How old is Vera?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is searching for a tutor in Moscow for Kolya?
2. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
3. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
4. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
5. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)