|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beliayev mentions that whose birthday is next week?
2. How old is Vera?
3. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
(a) His sharp wit.
(b) His physique.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His appreciation for fine food.
4. How old is Beliayev?
5. Which character does Rakitin love?
6. Who wants Katya to marry him?
7. According to Natalya, what is one of nature's primary characteristics?
(d) A threatening demeanor.
8. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
9. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
10. According to Shpigelski, what is bothering Natalya in addition to her nerves?
(b) The north wind.
11. What does Natalya like most about the character with whom she is infatuated?
(a) His youth.
(b) His gentle demeanor.
(c) His looks.
(d) His candor.
12. To whom does Shpigelski prescribe "little white pills"?
13. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
(c) "To be or not to be."
14. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
15. Who made Kolya a bow and arrows?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which name below is the name of one of the suitors in Shpigelski's story in Act 1, Part 2?
2. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
3. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
4. What is Beliayev's favorite part of a newspaper?
5. For what were Shpigelski and Bolshintsov supposedly searching in the garden?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)