|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the game definitively in Act 1, Part 2?
2. What was Dufour's country of origin?
3. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
4. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four weeks.
5. In Act 2, Part 1, who reports having burst into tears unexpectedly?
6. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
7. What does Natalya primarily want for Kolya?
(d) Strong ethics.
8. According to Islayev, what object is "like a miniature tornado"?
(a) The winnowing fan.
(b) The ceiling fan.
(c) The conveyor belt.
(d) The kitchen whisk.
9. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
10. What is Shpigelski going to receive in return for matchmaking?
11. What time is dinnertime in Natalya's household?
12. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
13. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
14. How old is Beliayev?
15. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
2. Which character does Rakitin love?
3. According to Rakitin, which character is "simply an idiot"?
4. According to Shpigelski, "a doctor worth his salt is never" what?
5. What does Beliayev intend to shoot in the garden?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)