|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katya picking in Act 2, Part 1?
2. Where does Vera go to school in Moscow?
(a) Madame Celeste's.
(b) Madame Beatrice's.
(c) Madame Beauluce's.
(d) Madame Berenice's.
3. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
4. According to Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, where did he see Islayev earlier in the day?
(b) In the library.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) At the dam.
5. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
6. Whom does Natalya call "Mr. Detective"?
7. Who says that talking to Rakitin is like "making lace"?
8. What does Natalya like most about the character with whom she is infatuated?
(a) His candor.
(b) His gentle demeanor.
(c) His looks.
(d) His youth.
9. Who plans to be Natalya's partner in "educating" Beliayev?
10. Beliayev mentions that whose birthday is next week?
11. According to Shpigelski, what is bothering Natalya in addition to her nerves?
(b) The north wind.
12. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
13. Which character does Shpigelski call grandmother?
14. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
15. What is Schaaf carrying in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A fishing rod.
(b) A Greek lexicon.
(c) A cello.
(d) A crossbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
2. How old is Vera?
3. Which female character takes snuff?
4. Which novel did Beliayev translate?
5. Who wins the game definitively in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)