|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
2. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
3. What do Natalya's relatives call her?
(d) Natalya Petrochka.
4. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
5. According to Islayev, what object is "like a miniature tornado"?
(a) The conveyor belt.
(b) The ceiling fan.
(c) The kitchen whisk.
(d) The winnowing fan.
6. Which characters see Vera and Beliayev in the garden together in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Natalya and Islayev.
(b) Katya and Matvey.
(c) Schaaf and Anna.
(d) Natalya and Rakitin.
7. About whom does Shpigelski tell a story in Act 1, Part 2?
8. According to Schaaf, what is the "thief of time"?
(b) Mowing the lawn.
9. For what were Shpigelski and Bolshintsov supposedly searching in the garden?
(b) Lillies of the Valley.
10. Whom does Natalya call "a great cynic"?
11. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
12. What is Shpigelski going to receive in return for matchmaking?
13. According to Shpigelski, what is bothering Natalya in addition to her nerves?
(d) The north wind.
14. What type of weather does Rakitin mention in Act 1, Part 2?
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A thunderstorm.
15. Whom does Natalya accuse of being "mysterious"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Natalya's father call her?
2. For what does Kolya request some glue?
3. Which name below is the name of one of the suitors in Shpigelski's story in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
5. How old is Vera?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)