|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
(a) His appreciation for fine food.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His physique.
(d) His sharp wit.
2. What does Natalya primarily want for Kolya?
(c) Strong ethics.
3. According to Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, where did he see Islayev earlier in the day?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the dam.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
5. Whose illness did Shpigelski intend to treat in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The coachman's.
(b) The librarian's.
(c) The construction foreman's.
(d) The gardener's.
6. Which novel did Beliayev translate?
(a) The Milkmaid of Montfermel.
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) Les Miserables.
7. Who is searching for a tutor in Moscow for Kolya?
(b) The princess.
(d) The czar.
8. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
9. In Act 3, Part 1, Natalya confesses that she is infatuated with which character?
10. What does Beliayev intend to shoot in the garden?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A bird.
(d) A squirrel.
11. How long have Rakitin and Natalya known each other?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two weeks.
12. Who sings a song in Act 2, Part 1?
13. Beliayev mentions that whose birthday is next week?
14. What is Shpigelski going to receive in return for matchmaking?
15. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shpigelski, what is the "main thing in marriage"?
2. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
3. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
4. According to Shpigelski, what is bothering Natalya in addition to her nerves?
5. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)