|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Rakitin love?
2. What time is dinnertime in Natalya's household?
3. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
4. According to Shpigelski, which character is "straight from the Golden Age of Innocence"?
5. According to Islayev, what object is "like a miniature tornado"?
(a) The kitchen whisk.
(b) The winnowing fan.
(c) The conveyor belt.
(d) The ceiling fan.
6. Where did Beliayev live before coming to Natalya's house?
(b) St. Petersburg.
7. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A kite.
(b) A toy car.
(c) A stamp collection.
(d) A slingshot.
8. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
9. Where does Vera go to school in Moscow?
(a) Madame Berenice's.
(b) Madame Beauluce's.
(c) Madame Beatrice's.
(d) Madame Celeste's.
10. In Act 3, Part 1, Natalya confesses that she is infatuated with which character?
11. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
(d) "To be or not to be."
12. As Natalya states in Act 2, Part 2, "there's nothing more depressing than gloomy" what?
13. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 400 yards.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 200 miles.
14. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
15. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Natalya, what is one of nature's primary characteristics?
2. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
3. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
4. Who is searching for a tutor in Moscow for Kolya?
5. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)