|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
2. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
3. Which novel did Beliayev translate?
(a) The Milkmaid of Montfermel.
(b) Les Miserables.
(c) The Three Musketeers.
4. Whom does Natalya call "that village Talleyrand"?
5. Who plans to be Natalya's partner in "educating" Beliayev?
6. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
7. What toy does Kolya have in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A train.
(b) A kite.
(c) A slingshot.
8. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
9. According to Rakitin, which character is "simply an idiot"?
10. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
(a) Vera Natalyova.
11. Where does Vera go to school in Moscow?
(a) Madame Beatrice's.
(b) Madame Berenice's.
(c) Madame Celeste's.
(d) Madame Beauluce's.
12. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
13. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
(b) Liza Moshnin.
(d) Anya Verenitsin.
14. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
15. Which characters see Vera and Beliayev in the garden together in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Natalya and Rakitin.
(b) Schaaf and Anna.
(c) Katya and Matvey.
(d) Natalya and Islayev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beliayev pursue by climbing a tree?
2. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
3. What do Natalya's relatives call her?
4. Whom does Natalya suddenly remember at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
5. In Act 3, Part 1, Natalya confesses that she is infatuated with which character?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)