|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character claims to be a "practical sort of person"?
2. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
3. Who wins the game definitively in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Which character does Shpigelski call grandmother?
5. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
6. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
7. Whom does Natalya call "Mr. Detective"?
8. What is Beliayev's favorite part of a newspaper?
(a) The articles.
(b) The comic strips.
(c) The photos.
(d) The opinion pages.
9. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
(b) Liza Moshnin.
(d) Anya Verenitsin.
10. Where does Vera go to school in Moscow?
(a) Madame Beatrice's.
(b) Madame Beauluce's.
(c) Madame Celeste's.
(d) Madame Berenice's.
11. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
12. As Natalya states in Act 2, Part 2, "there's nothing more depressing than gloomy" what?
13. According to Islayev, who "lacks [...] love for his job"?
(a) The German peasant.
(c) The Russian peasant.
(d) The American chimney sweep.
14. How long have Rakitin and Natalya known each other?
(a) Four years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two weeks.
15. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) The Three Musketeers.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
2. Who is going to teach Kolya to swim?
3. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
4. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
5. Whom does Natalya call "that village Talleyrand"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)