|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beliayev's favorite part of a newspaper?
(a) The opinion pages.
(b) The photos.
(c) The articles.
(d) The comic strips.
2. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
(a) A year.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five months.
3. What did Natalya's father call her?
(a) "Russia's Aphrodite."
(b) "The daughter of Athena."
(c) "His Antigone."
(d) "Florence Nightingale."
4. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
5. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
6. What does Natalya like most about the character with whom she is infatuated?
(a) His gentle demeanor.
(b) His looks.
(c) His candor.
(d) His youth.
7. According to Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, where did he see Islayev earlier in the day?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) At the dam.
(c) In the library.
8. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
9. Who plans to be Natalya's partner in "educating" Beliayev?
10. Who wins the game definitively in Act 1, Part 2?
11. Who enters at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
12. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
13. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
14. Whom does Natalya suddenly remember at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
15. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
2. Who sings a song in Act 2, Part 1?
3. According to Schaaf, what is the "thief of time"?
4. According to Shpigelski, which character is "straight from the Golden Age of Innocence"?
5. How much money does the loser owe the winner of the game in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)