|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Rakitin call a "stupid, fat, lumbering man"?
(b) The coachman.
2. Who plans to be Natalya's partner in "educating" Beliayev?
3. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
4. What time is dinnertime in Natalya's household?
5. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
6. Which person is not waiting for Natalya in the dining room at the end of Act 1?
7. As Natalya states in Act 2, Part 2, "there's nothing more depressing than gloomy" what?
8. According to Rakitin, which character is "simply an idiot"?
9. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
10. Who is Schaaf's partner in the card game?
11. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
(b) The Krinitsins.
(c) The Verenitsins.
12. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
13. What toy does Kolya have in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A kite.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A train.
14. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
(c) Anya Verenitsin.
(d) Liza Moshnin.
15. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
(d) Vera Natalyova.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
2. How old is Beliayev?
3. Who wins the game definitively in Act 1, Part 2?
4. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
5. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)