|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two types of tree does Rakitin compare in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Apple and pear.
(b) Hickory and willow.
(c) Oak and birch.
(d) Oak and maple.
2. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
3. How long have Rakitin and Natalya known each other?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two weeks.
4. With which character did Natalya want to talk in Act 2, Part 2?
5. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
6. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
7. According to Shpigelski, which character is "straight from the Golden Age of Innocence"?
8. What is one of Shpigelski's vices?
9. What is Schaaf carrying in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A fishing rod.
(b) A cello.
(c) A crossbow.
(d) A Greek lexicon.
10. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
11. What does Natalya like most about the character with whom she is infatuated?
(a) His candor.
(b) His looks.
(c) His gentle demeanor.
(d) His youth.
12. Natalya believes that she and Rakitin are old in comparison to whom?
(b) Vera and Beliayev.
(c) Katya and Matvey.
13. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
14. How old is Vera?
15. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
(b) Vera Natalyova.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is searching for a tutor in Moscow for Kolya?
2. Whom does Natalya accuse of being "mysterious"?
3. Who is going to teach Kolya to swim?
4. In Act 2, Part 1, who reports having burst into tears unexpectedly?
5. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)