|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
2. Who says that talking to Rakitin is like "making lace"?
3. In Act 1, Part 1, Rakitin states that Natalya is like what kind of animal?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bear.
4. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
5. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
6. According to Shpigelski, "a doctor worth his salt is never" what?
7. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
(a) "To be or not to be."
8. How long have Rakitin and Natalya known each other?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Four years.
9. Who enters at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
10. Who plans to be Natalya's partner in "educating" Beliayev?
11. Which person is not waiting for Natalya in the dining room at the end of Act 1?
12. Whose illness did Shpigelski intend to treat in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The librarian's.
(b) The coachman's.
(c) The construction foreman's.
(d) The gardener's.
13. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
14. Which female character takes snuff?
15. Natalya believes that she and Rakitin are old in comparison to whom?
(a) Vera and Beliayev.
(b) Katya and Matvey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beliayev pursue by climbing a tree?
2. What does Beliayev intend to shoot in the garden?
3. To whom does Shpigelski prescribe "little white pills"?
4. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
5. Who is going to teach Kolya to swim?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)