|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters does Beliayev have?
2. Which novel did Beliayev translate?
(a) Les Miserables.
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) The Milkmaid of Montfermel.
3. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
4. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A toy car.
(b) A kite.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A stamp collection.
5. What toy does Kolya have in Act 2, Part 3?
(a) A slingshot.
(c) A kite.
(d) A train.
6. Who wins most of the hands of the game in Act 1, Part 1?
7. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
8. Who says that talking to Rakitin is like "making lace"?
9. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
10. According to Shpigelski, "a doctor worth his salt is never" what?
11. To whom does Shpigelski prescribe "little white pills"?
12. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 400 yards.
(d) 20 miles.
13. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
(a) His upbringing.
(b) His appreciation for fine food.
(c) His physique.
(d) His sharp wit.
14. According to Natalya, what is one of nature's primary characteristics?
(d) A threatening demeanor.
15. According to Islayev, who "lacks [...] love for his job"?
(a) The American chimney sweep.
(c) The German peasant.
(d) The Russian peasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which character did Natalya want to talk in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What did Natalya's father call her?
3. Whom had Rakitin been visiting before coming to Natalya's house?
4. What is the name of the carpenter who is working on Islayev's project?
5. How many serfs does the girl in Shpigelski's story inherit from her aunt?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)