|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Schaaf carrying in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A fishing rod.
(c) A Greek lexicon.
(d) A cello.
2. Natalya believes that she and Rakitin are old in comparison to whom?
(c) Vera and Beliayev.
(d) Katya and Matvey.
3. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Beliayev intend to shoot in the garden?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A bird.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A squirrel.
5. Whom does Natalya call "a great cynic"?
6. Which novel did Beliayev translate?
(a) Les Miserables.
(c) The Three Musketeers.
(d) The Milkmaid of Montfermel.
7. What does Natalya like most about the character with whom she is infatuated?
(a) His candor.
(b) His looks.
(c) His gentle demeanor.
(d) His youth.
8. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
9. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
10. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
11. To whom does Shpigelski prescribe "little white pills"?
12. Which character sometimes says "bed and brutter" instead of "bread and butter"?
13. According to Shpigelski, what is the "main thing in marriage"?
(a) "A solid character."
(c) "Polite tolerance."
14. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
15. For what does Kolya request some glue?
(a) A stamp collection.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A kite.
(d) A toy car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Katya to marry him?
2. Which name below is the name of one of the suitors in Shpigelski's story in Act 1, Part 2?
3. Who enters at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
4. Who plans to be Natalya's partner in "educating" Beliayev?
5. How old is Beliayev?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)