|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Natalya states in Act 2, Part 2, "there's nothing more depressing than gloomy" what?
2. What do Natalya's relatives call her?
(a) Natalya Petrochka.
3. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
4. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
5. Which person is not waiting for Natalya in the dining room at the end of Act 1?
6. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) A year.
(d) Five months.
7. According to Islayev, what object is "like a miniature tornado"?
(a) The kitchen whisk.
(b) The conveyor belt.
(c) The ceiling fan.
(d) The winnowing fan.
8. How old is Beliayev?
9. With which character did Natalya want to talk in Act 2, Part 2?
10. Which novel did Beliayev translate?
(b) The Milkmaid of Montfermel.
(c) The Three Musketeers.
(d) Les Miserables.
11. Who wants Katya to marry him?
12. According to Rakitin, which character is "simply an idiot"?
13. For what does Beliayev want to buy gunpowder?
(b) His cannon.
(c) His rifle.
(d) Getting rid of ants.
14. According to Shpigelski, "a doctor worth his salt is never" what?
15. What is Schaaf carrying in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A cello.
(b) A crossbow.
(c) A Greek lexicon.
(d) A fishing rod.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Rakitin and Natalya known each other?
2. Whom does Natalya suddenly remember at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
3. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
4. Who wins most of the hands of the game in Act 1, Part 1?
5. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)