|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Natalya call "a great cynic"?
2. How did Beliayev translate "quatre-vingt-dix"?
(b) "To be or not to be."
3. What is Schaaf carrying in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A cello.
(c) A fishing rod.
(d) A Greek lexicon.
4. Whose illness did Shpigelski intend to treat in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) The gardener's.
(b) The construction foreman's.
(c) The librarian's.
(d) The coachman's.
5. Who enters at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
6. Which name below is the name of one of the suitors in Shpigelski's story in Act 1, Part 2?
7. Whom does Rakitin call a "stupid, fat, lumbering man"?
(b) The coachman.
8. Who is going to teach Kolya to swim?
9. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
10. What does Natalya like about Shpigelski?
(a) His upbringing.
(b) His appreciation for fine food.
(c) His physique.
(d) His sharp wit.
11. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
12. What friend has been writing to Vera, hoping that she'll write back?
(a) Anya Verenitsin.
(b) Liza Moshnin.
13. Who says that talking to Rakitin is like "making lace"?
14. What was Dufour's country of origin?
15. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
(a) Five months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
2. From what book does Rakitin read aloud?
3. What type of weather does Rakitin mention in Act 1, Part 2?
4. According to Rakitin, which character is "simply an idiot"?
5. Where does Vera go to school in Moscow?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)