|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters see Vera and Beliayev in the garden together in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Natalya and Rakitin.
(b) Katya and Matvey.
(c) Natalya and Islayev.
(d) Schaaf and Anna.
2. Rakitin states that he is "like wax in your hands" to whom?
3. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What is the name of the carpenter who is working on Islayev's project?
5. What does Beliayev intend to shoot in the garden?
(a) A woodchuck.
(b) A bird.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A raccoon.
6. According to Rakitin, which character has recently been "constantly irritated"?
7. What was Dufour's country of origin?
8. Whom does Natalya call "that village Talleyrand"?
9. How far is it from Bolshintsov's village to Natalya's house?
(a) 400 yards.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
10. What is the name of Kolya's horse?
11. According to Islayev, what object is "like a miniature tornado"?
(a) The kitchen whisk.
(b) The winnowing fan.
(c) The ceiling fan.
(d) The conveyor belt.
12. Who sings a song in Act 2, Part 1?
13. Whom does Natalya suddenly remember at the end of Act 3, Part 1?
14. Whom does Rakitin call "our unspoiled youth" in his soliloquy in Act 2, Part 2?
15. Who wins most of the hands of the game in Act 1, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initially brings up the possibility of Vera getting married?
2. According to Rakitin, which character is "simply an idiot"?
3. Which character states that "it's wrong to put one's life in chains"?
4. Who enters at the end of Act 1, Part 1?
5. Who teaches Kolya's piano lesson?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)