|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the loser owe the winner of the game in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) 70 kopecks.
(b) 20 kopecks.
(c) 150 kopecks.
(d) 40 kopecks.
2. What does Vera suggest that Beliayev call her?
(d) Vera Natalyova.
3. According to Schaaf, what is the "thief of time"?
(c) Mowing the lawn.
4. According to Islayev, who "lacks [...] love for his job"?
(a) The Russian peasant.
(b) The American chimney sweep.
(c) The German peasant.
5. According to Shpigelski, what is bothering Natalya in addition to her nerves?
(d) The north wind.
6. Which character says to Natalya, "Each of us is a closed book, that's true"?
7. According to Rakitin in Act 1, Part 1, where did he see Islayev earlier in the day?
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) At the dam.
(d) In the library.
8. Which characters see Vera and Beliayev in the garden together in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Natalya and Rakitin.
(b) Natalya and Islayev.
(c) Katya and Matvey.
(d) Schaaf and Anna.
9. In Act 2, Part 3, which character is jealous of Natalya's affections?
10. What game are the characters playing in Act 1, Part 1?
11. How many serfs does Bolshintsov have?
12. How long has Beliayev lived in Natalya's household?
(a) A year.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four weeks.
13. Which female character takes snuff?
14. Which character claims to be a "practical sort of person"?
15. Which character says the first line in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weather does Rakitin mention in Act 1, Part 2?
2. According to Rakitin, which character is "simply an idiot"?
3. In Act 3, Part 1, whose help does Shpigelski solicit in matching Bolshintsov and Vera?
4. Who wins the game definitively in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Who wants Katya to marry him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)