|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tess suggest after Willa confides in her?
(a) Going into Bozeman to shop.
(b) A swim later.
(c) Going back to the spa.
(d) A ride later.
2. What shakes up Willa while talking with Ben?
(a) The thought that the killer could be one of their hired hands.
(b) She hears Tess screaming.
(c) Ben announces that he is engaged.
(d) Ben announces that he plans to sell his ranch.
3. What does Jack give Jim for his 21st birthday?
(a) A horse.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A deer head.
(d) A knife.
4. What wakes Lily briefly as she drifts in and out of sleep?
(a) A wolf's howl.
(b) A coyote's howl.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A scream.
5. Who hosts a dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jesse think he might hurt in order to get back at Lily?
2. How are the ranch hands faring?
3. Over what did the sisters bond while at the spa?
4. How does Willa tease Ben?
5. Who is Adele?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willa say to Tess about the sisters being at the ranch in Chapter 22, and how does Tess respond?
2. Why does Jesse grab Lily and how does he get away?
3. Why do Willa and Ham fight in Chapter 29, and what does Ham ask from Willa?
4. What happens with Tess after the year is up and what does she do at the airport?
5. What does Willa tell the others about Lily during a dinner party Lily hosts?
6. Why do the three sisters drive the cattle into the mountains together and what do Willa and Ben discuss during the drive?
7. Where does Jesse take Lily and what do they do once they are there?
8. What does Willa tell Jim after he tells her his story?
9. What does Jim Brewster tell Willa about his mother and her life?
10. What does Willa tease Ben about on the ride after she returns from the spa?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)