|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Adam and Ben do after Lily is forced to leave with Jesse?
(a) Call the sheriff.
(b) Go home to get a few rifles.
(c) Call the highway patrol.
(d) Gather help and start tracking them.
2. Upon what do Nate and Ben agree?
(a) They want to marry Tess and Willa.
(b) They need to hire a couple bodyguards.
(c) They need to move the women to a safe house.
(d) They need to find out what Jesse looks like.
3. How does Lily say she was able to endure her kidnapping?
(a) By taking a tranquilizer.
(b) By thinking of Adam.
(c) By not thinking.
(d) By sleeping.
4. Where did the killer get the knife he uses to kill the redhead?
(a) At the sporting goods store.
(b) He stole it from his best friend.
(c) From his father.
(d) He stole it from his grandfather.
5. What does Willa find in the cabin?
(a) A handwritten extortion note.
(b) Another rattler.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A bucket of rags covered in blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willa tease Ben?
2. Why is the killer happy?
3. What does Lily announce to her sisters?
4. How does Willa feel after she and Ben make love?
5. Who wins the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willa say to Tess about the sisters being at the ranch in Chapter 22, and how does Tess respond?
2. Where do Adam and Willa find Jesse's jeep, what does Willa tell him, and what does Lily do about being abducted?
3. What does Tess and Willa fight about in Chapter 18 and what does Tess tell Ben and Ben tell Tess?
4. What happens with Tess after the year is up and what does she do at the airport?
5. What happens on the Fourth of July, and what do Willa and Ben do?
6. What does Jim Brewster tell Willa about his mother and her life?
7. What does Willa tell Jim after he tells her his story?
8. What does Lily confess to her sisters at the spa and what did Tess do for Willa?
9. What does the killer do to Lily?
10. At the spa, what does Tess say about Ben and why does she say it?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)