|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Willa see at Ben's house?
(a) Ben's brother.
(b) Ben's aunt.
(c) Shelly and her baby.
(d) Ben's sister.
2. What is one of Tess' duties on the ranch?
(c) Exercising the horses.
(d) Collecting eggs.
3. Where does Ben kiss Willa?
(a) In the bunkhouse.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) On the dance floor in front of everyone.
(d) In the ranch's library.
4. What do Lily and Adam discuss briefly?
(a) Whether the bunkhouse needs work.
(b) The number of acres to keep fallow the next year.
(c) Lily's estranged husband.
(d) How many cows to breed the next spring.
5. What does Jesse do to the woman before he kills?
(a) Tells her he loves her.
(b) Rapes her.
(c) Calls her Lily.
(d) Feeds her a huge breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willa feel as she drives around the ranch?
2. What does Jesse do whenever Lily left him?
3. Who loses the shooting competition?
4. What is happening to Willa despite her not wanting it?
5. Who reassures Lily about her safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ben asks Willa to do at the New Year's Eve party, what is her response, and what do the two of them think of Adam and Lily?
2. What does Tess see at the corral that bothers her, what does she do, who takes her in the house, and what does he say to her?
3. What did Lily consider the trip to Mercy Ranch to be and how do her and Adam handle her revelations?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Ham tell Willa about ranch hands and about what she needs to do?
5. What does Lily tell Adam about her life?
6. With what is Willa have trouble with the ranch hands, who takes offense at her, and what does he do about it?
7. What is the killer feeling after he kills Pickles and what does he decide at that point?
8. With whom is Tess speaking on the phone at the wake, what does she tell the person, and what is Tess's intent concerning after the funeral?
9. Whose funeral is happening in the beginning of the book, what kind of a person was he and how does his daughter feel about the people at the wake?
10. With whom does Willa meet to make sure she is adhering to the rules of the will, what does Willa tell them, and what do they think about her ideas?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)