|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ben say he is going to drive by Nate's house?
(a) To ask Nate some legal advise.
(b) To give Nate some papers.
(c) To bring Tess home.
(d) To check on Tess.
2. What does the man do as he thinks about his next victim?
(b) Cuts himself.
(c) Kills a cat that strays into the room.
3. What does Jesse do to the woman before he kills?
(a) Feeds her a huge breakfast.
(b) Calls her Lily.
(c) Rapes her.
(d) Tells her he loves her.
4. What do Willa and Ben find after dressing the game?
(a) A pentagram painted on a rock face.
(b) A leg trap with a coyote in it still alive.
(c) A mutilated steer carcass.
(d) A lame fawn.
5. What does Jesse say to the Mercy farmhands?
(a) That they should no have to have a woman boss.
(b) That Mercy ranch is going to suffer hell for having a female running it.
(c) That his wife will someday own Mercy ranch.
(d) That he is going to be running Mercy ranch someday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willa do when she sees a deer while driving?
2. What does Jesse feel after he murders again?
3. What does Ham advise Willa concerning the winter?
4. Who does Willa cause to leave the bunkhouse?
5. What does Lily say to Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the second oldest daughter of the person in question #1, where did she come from and for what does she hope?
2. With whom is Tess speaking on the phone at the wake, what does she tell the person, and what is Tess's intent concerning after the funeral?
3. What does Willa teach her sisters in Chapter 15 and what does Tess do after that?
4. What is found at the foot of Willa's porch after the New Year's Eve party is over? What is done about it?
5. What does Ben asks Willa to do at the New Year's Eve party, what is her response, and what do the two of them think of Adam and Lily?
6. What do Nate, Adam and Ben do after the party and the discovery outside?
7. What does Ham say to Willa about the ranch and her in Chapter 16?
8. What does Willa realize when her sisters tell her they are staying after Pickles was murdered?
9. Why is Ben's mother, Sarah, concerned about him and what does he tell her?
10. What does Willa think is the reason her father set the will up as he did?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)