|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tess say she will return?
(a) When Lily's baby is born.
(c) When the papers are ready for Tess to sign.
(d) When she and Nate get married.
2. Who finds Jim and Willa?
(c) The police.
(d) The FBI.
3. What bothers Willa during the week after Adam is shot?
(b) Ben staying away.
(c) The details of running the ranch.
(d) Calls from someone who taunts her.
4. What does Lily announce to her sisters?
(a) That she is having doubts.
(b) That she and Adam are not staying in Montana.
(c) That she and Adam are moving into Bozeman.
(d) That she is pregnant.
5. Why is the killer happy?
(a) He is not happy.
(b) That the women are all in one place so he can kill them all.
(c) That he is able to attend the shower in secret.
(d) That the women are having fun.
6. How does Nate anger Tess?
(a) By not saying where he is going when he leaves town.
(b) By telling her that he is engaged to someone else.
(c) By saying he does not want to continue seeing her.
(d) By saying he loves her.
7. What do the rescuers find in the cave?
(a) Several scalps.
(b) Nothing but Lily.
(c) A few supplies and Lily.
(d) Jesse's dead body.
8. What is Willa's first response to Ben's proposal of marriage?
(a) A simple Yes.
(b) A simple No.
(c) It would be a cold day below.
(d) Never in a thousand years.
9. What does Nate offer to give Tess?
(a) His heart.
(b) A pre-nuptial agreement.
(c) Part interest in his business.
(d) Time to adjust to what he said.
10. What wakes Lily briefly as she drifts in and out of sleep?
(a) A scream.
(b) A wolf's howl.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A coyote's howl.
11. What does Lily not feel as she is sleeping?
(a) A tarantula crawling on her face.
(b) A scorpion crawling on her arm.
(c) A knife cutting the rope that binds her hands.
(d) A hot ember landing on her neck.
12. Why isn't the killer going to kill anyone for a while?
(a) So it doesn't ruin Lily's wedding.
(b) The voices have told him not to kill anyone for a while.
(c) He is hurt too badly from his fight with Jesse.
(d) He is afraid of getting caught.
13. What shakes up Willa while talking with Ben?
(a) Ben announces that he is engaged.
(b) Ben announces that he plans to sell his ranch.
(c) The thought that the killer could be one of their hired hands.
(d) She hears Tess screaming.
14. Why doesn't Willa think Jesse will harm Lily?
(a) Willa believes Jesse will harm Lily.
(b) He wants her alive to continue to torment her.
(c) He still loves her deep inside.
(d) She is his hostage to leave the area.
15. About what are Tess and Willa fighting when Ben arrives one Spring day?
(b) A ski trip.
(d) A trip to a spa over the weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed the killer?
2. How are the ranch hands faring?
3. Why does Willa pace back at the ranch?
4. Why do the three sisters go into the mountains?`
5. What does Ben say about Tess after Nate talks to him?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)