|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nate offer to give Tess?
(a) A pre-nuptial agreement.
(b) Part interest in his business.
(c) Time to adjust to what he said.
(d) His heart.
2. What do the three sisters do with the trophies?
(a) Use them for target practice.
(c) Push them down the stairs.
(d) Burn them.
3. How does Nate anger Tess?
(a) By saying he does not want to continue seeing her.
(b) By saying he loves her.
(c) By telling her that he is engaged to someone else.
(d) By not saying where he is going when he leaves town.
4. Where has Jesse stashed some supplies?
(a) He has not stored any supplies.
(b) In a tree cache.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In an abandoned mine.
5. What happens to Adam on the way to the cabin?
(a) His horse gets lame.
(b) He is shot.
(d) His horse gets bit by a ratller and throws off Adam.
6. How does Willa liken the animal heads on the ranch walls to herself?
(a) She feels as though she is one of her father's trophies.
(b) She feels silenced.
(c) She has endured being shot at.
(d) She is hunted.
7. Why does the stranger build a fire?
(a) To make some coffee.
(b) To create smoke so the searchers will find Lily.
(c) To make some breakfast.
(d) To keep Lily warm.
8. What does Willa think it is time to do with Ben?
(a) Ask him to find the killer.
(b) Ask him to quit trying to run the ranch instead of her running it.
(c) Ask him for some space.
(d) Take the next step forward in their relationship.
9. Who spies the fire's smoke?
10. Why do the three sisters go into the mountains?`
(a) To gather mushrooms.
(b) To herd the cattle there.
(c) To talk about the future.
(d) To look for signs of another killer.
11. Who does Jesse think he might hurt in order to get back at Lily?
(a) No one.
12. What does Lily not feel as she is sleeping?
(a) A scorpion crawling on her arm.
(b) A knife cutting the rope that binds her hands.
(c) A tarantula crawling on her face.
(d) A hot ember landing on her neck.
13. What are Jesse's plans now that he missed the opportunity to kill Adam?
(a) To leave town.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) To kill Lily.
(d) To try again.
14. Why does Jesse go after Lily?
(a) She is alone and vulnerable.
(b) He is tired of waiting for a chance at Adam.
(c) He wants to get out of Montana.
(d) She sees him and identifies him to the police.
15. Why is the killer sorry to hurt Ham?
(a) Willa will be mad at him.
(b) Lily will be mad at him.
(c) He likes Ham.
(d) He will get in trouble with the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the killer get the knife he uses to kill the redhead?
2. Why does Tess book a male masseuse for Willa?
3. What does Willa do to express her anger about the trophies?
4. What does Lily announce to her sisters?
5. What does the killer tell Willa?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)