|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Lily worry?
(a) That Willa is in danger.
(b) That her husband won't be able to visit any time soon.
(c) That Tess will leave the ranch.
(d) That the ranch is not safe.
2. What does Tess say about staying at the ranch?
(a) That she intends to stay despite what's been happening.
(b) That she thinks Lily should leave.
(c) That she is leaving.
(d) That Willa does not want her and Lily at the ranch.
3. What does Lily say to Adam?
(a) That she is sure Jesse will kill her this time.
(b) That she has to have time before becoming involved with someone.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she will never marry again.
4. How does Willa shock Tess?
(a) By agreeing to let Tess leave secretly for a week.
(b) By saying Adam must leave the ranch.
(c) By saying Willa is marrying Nathan.
(d) By agreeing the three women need to work together.
5. Of what does Nate remind Tess about Willa?
(a) That Willa was raised by cow hands rather than a mother.
(b) That Willa is very much younger than her sisters.
(c) That Willa is Jack Mercy's favorite daughter.
(d) That Willa will lose 2/3 of the ranch to her sisters.
6. When does Jesse's abuse of Lily begin?
(a) He is not abusive.
(b) Right after they are married.
(c) Even before they are married.
(d) Several years into the marriage.
7. What is Ben wanting of Willa?
(a) To marry him.
(b) Nothing at the moment.
(c) To become involved with him sexually.
(d) To sell the ranch to him.
8. What is Willa doing when Ben finds her on the couch?
(c) Talking to Nate.
(d) Watching t.v.
9. Who cleans the blood off the porch?
10. How does Pickles get his name?
(a) From a former girlfriend.
(b) From his granddaughter who could not pronounce his real name.
(c) His love of pickles and his sour attitude.
(d) His parents named his that after a circus clown who saved his mother's life.
11. Where has Jesse Cooke been hired?
(a) At the local hardware store.
(b) At Three Corners Ranchero.
(c) At the feed store in town.
(d) At Three Rocks.
12. About what does Ben tease Willa concerning Tess?
(a) That Tess won't make it a full year at the ranch.
(b) That Tess is talking behind Willa's back about Willa.
(c) That Nate is interested in her.
(d) That Ben might be interested in Tess.
13. How does Ben McKinnon feel about Jack Mercy's will?
14. What do Lily and Adam discuss briefly?
(a) How many cows to breed the next spring.
(b) Whether the bunkhouse needs work.
(c) Lily's estranged husband.
(d) The number of acres to keep fallow the next year.
15. What does Ham advise Willa concerning the winter?
(a) She can get through the winter without hiring anyone else.
(b) The winter is going to be really bad this year with lots of snow.
(c) They should close down for the winter.
(d) He does not say anything about the winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nate and Ben discuss with Willa?
2. Why is Pickles angry regarding Willa?
3. Why is Tess willing to stay at the ranch?
4. What does Jesse do to the woman before he kills?
5. What does Jesse say to the Mercy farmhands?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)