|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ben McKinnon feel about Jack Mercy's will?
2. What does Willa tell Ben that surprises him?
(a) That she is engaged.
(b) That she is madly in love with him.
(c) That she is a virgin.
(d) That she is selling her share of the ranch.
3. Who reassures Lily about her safety?
4. Who is Nathan Torrence?
(a) Jack Mercy's lawyer.
(b) Mary Wolfchild's husband.
(c) Willa's half brother.
(d) A friend of Tess Mercy who is from New York.
5. What is discovered at the bottom of Willa's porch?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A dead skunk.
(c) A dead, naked girl.
(d) A defaced book.
6. What does Tess say about staying at the ranch?
(a) That Willa does not want her and Lily at the ranch.
(b) That she is leaving.
(c) That she thinks Lily should leave.
(d) That she intends to stay despite what's been happening.
7. What is one of Tess' duties on the ranch?
(c) Exercising the horses.
(d) Collecting eggs.
8. What does Willa hear at the end of chapter 13?
(a) Glass breaking.
(c) New Year's firecrackers exploding.
9. Who does Willa cause to leave the bunkhouse?
10. Who is the funeral for in chapter one?
(a) Mary Wolfchild.
(b) Jefferson Mercy.
(c) Jack Mercy.
(d) Willa Mercy.
11. Who is Traci?
(a) A hitchhiker Jesse picks up.
(b) Tess's best friend.
(c) Jesse's sister.
(d) Lily's former boss.
12. What does Jesse feel after he murders again?
(a) That if he kills once more, Lily will come back to him.
(b) That he is an avenging angel.
(c) That he is a powerful man.
(d) That he needs to kill to appease God.
13. What does someone shoot and leave in the woods?
(a) One of the ranch dogs.
(b) A deer.
(c) Three crows.
(d) Another cat.
14. Why does Willa think her father writes his will the way he does?
(a) He hopes his three daughters will come to love each other.
(b) He hopes to teach his daughters obedience.
(c) He thinks it a funny joke.
(d) He hopes one of his daughters will marry Ben.
15. Why do Tess, Lily and Adam ride out into the snow?
(a) To clear a path.
(b) To look for one of the ranch hands who is missing.
(c) To take pictures.
(d) To check on the younger cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben force Willa to do?
2. Of what does Nate remind Tess about Willa?
3. What does Willa insist upon doing herself?
4. Who knocks on Willa's vehicle window?
5. What does Jesse say to the Mercy farmhands?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)