|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesse feel after he murders again?
(a) That if he kills once more, Lily will come back to him.
(b) That he is a powerful man.
(c) That he is an avenging angel.
(d) That he needs to kill to appease God.
2. What does Ham advise Willa concerning the winter?
(a) He does not say anything about the winter.
(b) They should close down for the winter.
(c) She can get through the winter without hiring anyone else.
(d) The winter is going to be really bad this year with lots of snow.
3. What does Willa do at the cemetery?
(a) Visits her grandmother's grave.
(b) Places flowers on her baby sister's grave.
(c) Tells her father she is done with trying to please him.
(d) Visits her mother's grave.
4. What does Jesse say to the Mercy farmhands?
(a) That Mercy ranch is going to suffer hell for having a female running it.
(b) That his wife will someday own Mercy ranch.
(c) That he is going to be running Mercy ranch someday.
(d) That they should no have to have a woman boss.
5. What does Tess give Nate?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A book about constellations.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A sweater she knits.
6. What do Adam and Willa do after their conversation?
(a) Decide to talk to Ben about Lily's husband.
(b) Kill a calf for Lily's party.
(c) Race horses back to the ranch.
(d) Agree to help Lily with her husband.
7. What does Pickles realize as he sees a man with a bloody knife?
(a) That Pickles knows the man.
(b) That he has never seen the man before.
(c) That he should take a vacation right away.
(d) That his wife never loved him.
8. What does Adam tell Lily that Tess is planning?
(a) A short trip to her home to check on her house.
(b) A party.
(c) He is not sure what she is planning.
(d) An announcement.
9. What does Lily don for the New Year's party?
(a) One of Tess' dresses.
(c) A dressy pair of pants and silk blouse.
(d) She declares she is not attending the party.
10. What does someone shoot and leave in the woods?
(a) One of the ranch dogs.
(b) A deer.
(c) Another cat.
(d) Three crows.
11. Why is Willa unhappy upon returning to the ranch house at the end of the day?
(a) That her mother will not stay any longer at the ranch.
(b) That Ben McKinnon arrives at the ranch.
(c) That Tess has not returned from Los Angeles.
(d) That Lily's husband has taken the last guest room.
12. What do Willa and Ben find after dressing the game?
(a) A mutilated steer carcass.
(b) A pentagram painted on a rock face.
(c) A leg trap with a coyote in it still alive.
(d) A lame fawn.
13. When does Willa ride the fences on the ranch?
(a) On Thanksgiving day.
(b) She can not ride the fences in winter as the snow is too high.
(c) During a short break in the weather in December.
(d) On Christmas day.
14. How does Pickles get his name?
(a) From his granddaughter who could not pronounce his real name.
(b) From a former girlfriend.
(c) His love of pickles and his sour attitude.
(d) His parents named his that after a circus clown who saved his mother's life.
15. What do Adam and Lily find in the barn?
(a) Slaughtered chickens.
(b) Slaughtered horses and calves.
(c) Slaughtered calves.
(d) Slaughtered horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tess, Lily and Adam ride out into the snow?
2. Who is Traci?
3. What does Jesse do to the woman before he kills?
4. How does Ben gloss over the incident with Pickles?
5. Where does Sarah say she is going to visit?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)