|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Winter: Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the ranch hands bickering?
(a) They don't want Ben telling them what to do.
(b) They haven't been paid in weeks.
(c) They lost at cards to JC.
(d) They don't like their assignments.
2. What do Adam and Lily find in the barn?
(a) Slaughtered horses and calves.
(b) Slaughtered horses.
(c) Slaughtered calves.
(d) Slaughtered chickens.
3. What does the man with the bloody knife say?
(a) That the cow was diseased.
(b) That the steer tried to attack him.
(c) That it's a good day to die.
(d) That he has never killed a man before.
4. What is Willa doing when Ben finds her on the couch?
(b) Watching t.v.
(c) Talking to Nate.
5. How does Pickles get his name?
(a) His love of pickles and his sour attitude.
(b) From a former girlfriend.
(c) His parents named his that after a circus clown who saved his mother's life.
(d) From his granddaughter who could not pronounce his real name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tess respond to seeing a calf castrated?
2. About what does Ben tease Willa concerning Tess?
3. What does Ben tell his mother?
4. Who is happy to see the pie Willa brings from Bess?
5. What does Ham say Willa is doing?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)