|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Winter: Chapters 9-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tess decide to give Nate his Christmas present early?
(a) She does not plan on giving Nate a present.
(b) In the hopes of sparking a fling with him.
(c) Because it is something to wear on Christmas.
(d) Because it will keep growing.
2. Why do Tess, Lily and Adam ride out into the snow?
(a) To take pictures.
(b) To check on the younger cattle.
(c) To look for one of the ranch hands who is missing.
(d) To clear a path.
3. Who reassures Lily about her safety?
4. Why does Willa feel guilty?
(a) She is so mean to Ben who just wants to help.
(b) She sent Pickles out to ride the fence line.
(c) She is short with Tess.
(d) She makes Lily cry.
5. About what does Ben tease Willa concerning Tess?
(a) That Tess won't make it a full year at the ranch.
(b) That Ben might be interested in Tess.
(c) That Nate is interested in her.
(d) That Tess is talking behind Willa's back about Willa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pickles thinking about as he rides the fence line?
2. How does Tess respond to seeing a calf castrated?
3. When does Willa ride the fences on the ranch?
4. What does Willa tell Ben that surprises him?
5. Why are the ranch hands bickering?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)