|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Fall: Chapters Six-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reassures Lily about her safety?
2. Where does Sarah say she is going to visit?
(a) Los Angeles to speak with Louella.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) The Mercy ranch.
(d) Her other son in Wyoming.
3. What does Willa find after she comes across Pickles' rig?
(a) A mutilated cow.
(b) A dead crow.
(c) An injured, but alive, Pickles.
(d) His dead body.
4. What has Lily discovered?
(a) Her mother's unconscious body.
(b) The tailess body of a cat.
(c) The headless body of a cat.
(d) Two live rattlesnakes in the kitchen.
5. What is one reason Jesse Cooke does not want to let Lily go?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She will inherit a part of Mercy Ranch.
(d) She knows of his illegal activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willa unhappy upon returning to the ranch house at the end of the day?
2. How does the stranger feel as he relives his encounter with Pickles?
3. What does Ben tell his mother?
4. Who does Willa cause to leave the bunkhouse?
5. Why does Willa think her father writes his will the way he does?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)