|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say he does for a long time after his grandparents leave?
(b) Stays still.
2. What does David say his family planned to attend?
(a) The new Baptist church.
(b) Frank's trial.
(c) The county fair.
(d) Marie's funeral.
3. Who is Clarence Undset?
(a) The preacher at Frank's funeral service.
(b) The legal counsel poor people.
(c) The funeral director.
(d) The assistant county prosecutor.
4. What does David say about where people are standing during the graveside service for Frank?
(a) The townspeople stood apart from the family.
(b) Everyone stood close to one another.
(c) His family is on the opposite side of the grave from Julian, Enid, and Gloria.
(d) The Indians stood far away from the white people.
5. What happens when Len has a stroke?
(a) He drinks himself to death.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He cannot complete his term as sheriff.
(d) He dies in a nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is David inside his home when Frank arrives on Thursday?
2. What does David say is a result of keeping secrets?
3. What does Wesley say when Julian demands to see Frank?
4. Besides Wesley, who knows immediately that Frank has been arrested?
5. What does David say Clarence Undset is bound to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes David's view about the aftermath of Frank's suicide?
2. Why does David decline to visit Brentrock later in his life?
3. What does Wesley tell David to do if there is any trouble?
4. Why does Wesley not tell David what is going on with Frank right away?
5. What does Wesley do after coming out of the basement and talking to Frank?
6. What was the overriding reason for the move to North Dakota?
7. What does Wesley make it a point of to tell Gail and Wesley?
8. What does Frank ask Wesley about before they go to the basement?
9. Why does David's family not attend Marie's funeral?
10. What does David say about his father's work load?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)