|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Wesley going to have Frank moved?
(b) To his parents' home
2. What happens to Gloria?
(a) She remarries.
(b) She never remarries.
(c) She is killed in a car accident.
(d) She commits suicide.
3. When was the decision to move made?
(a) It was forced upon them by Julian.
(b) Just a couple weeks before the actual move.
(c) Right after Frank's death.
(d) David is not sure.
4. Why does Gail take Enid to the kitchen?
(a) To keep Enid from hearing Wesley.
(b) To ask Enid’s advice.
(c) To comfort Enid.
(d) To keep Julian's reaction from upsetting Enid.
5. What does David tell his mother how to do?
(a) Whistle loudly.
(b) Load a rifle.
(c) Use his loudspeaker.
(d) Fire a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say his mother could not do in Montana?
2. What happens when Len has a stroke?
3. What reason is given to the public for Frank's death?
4. Where does Marie's family plan to bury Marie?
5. How does David feel about their life in North Dakota that first winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the overriding reason for the move to North Dakota?
2. Why does David's family not attend Marie's funeral?
3. What does David say about his life in North Dakota?
4. What does David say about the symbolism of the open grave?
5. Who probably knows the truth about Frank's death and what does David think the person will do?
6. When does David say the family decides to leaves Montana?
7. What does Enid hear that causes her to start crying?
8. What reason does Wesley give for withdrawing from the Sheriff's election?
9. What does Gail urge Wesley to do concerning Gloria?
10. Why does David go down to the basement, and what does he observe?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)