|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom was David fishing on a certain Monday?
(d) George Cahill.
2. What keeps Wesley from serving in the military?
(a) A heart defect.
(b) A limp.
(c) A bad back.
(d) A blind eye.
3. Why is David sad at the dinner table?
(a) He's thinking about his father’s difficult life.
(b) He's thinking about moving to North Dakota.
(c) He's thinking about his grandfather's illness.
(d) He's thinking about Frank's crimes.
4. Where was Frank just before returning to Brentrock?
(a) His parents' home.
(b) In the military.
(c) At medical school.
(d) On a long trip.
5. What does David do frequently during the afternoon?
(a) Reads to Marie.
(b) Skips rocks.
(c) Walks by Marie's room.
(d) Prays for Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does Marie insist when Frank is there?
2. What does Wesley do as Gail and David go inside David's grandparents' home?
3. What does Wesley say that he will buy Gail from Birdwell's Bee Farm?
4. What does Gloria talk about at the dinner table?
5. Why does Gail want to stay home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David recall about when he was ill and staying with Frank and Gloria?
2. What observation does David make about Ollie Young Bear concerning Ollie smiling?
3. What does David tell Gail when she comes home for lunch, and what is Gail's response?
4. Why do Wesley and Frank believe Marie wants Gail in the room when Frank examines Marie?
5. Who is Marie's boyfriend?
6. Who is Ollie Young Bear?
7. Why have Wesley and Gail not had more children?
8. What is disappointing to David about his father's position as sheriff of Mercer County?
9. Why are Gail and Wesley at odds with each other as they drive to Wesley's parents' home?
10. How does David know Wesley is going to investigate Frank?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)