|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say Brentrock contributed to the war effort?
(a) Airplane parts factory.
(b) War supplies.
(c) Only a few men.
(d) Food rations.
2. What does Frank promise Wesley?
(a) To take David hunting soon.
(b) To move to another town away from the reservation.
(c) To tell Gloria the truth about the investigation.
(d) To stop molesting Indian women.
3. How does David describe his life?
4. Where would Gail prefer to live?
(a) Washington, D. C.
(c) Back East.
(d) North Dakota.
5. Why does Wesley tell Gail and David what he did?
(a) He wants to question Marie.
(b) He needs to enlist their help.
(c) He wants to be honest.
(d) He wants to reassure them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian say happened when Frank was barely a teenager?
2. What does Gail say about the winds of Montana?
3. What does David say when he intervenes in Gail's questioning of Marie?
4. What does Wesley question David about after David tells him about seeing Frank?
5. With whom was David fishing on a certain Monday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it difficult for David to enjoy his outings at the bowling alley?
2. How did Wesley come to be the Sheriff of Mercer County?
3. What observation does David make about Ollie Young Bear concerning Ollie smiling?
4. How does Gail compare the winds in Montana with the wind in North Dakota?
5. What does Wesley begin investigating?
6. Who is David Hayden? Where does he live when the novel opens?
7. What does David think when he sees his grandfather on the porch as they drive up to the house?
8. Gail wishes that her family lived where?
9. Who is Ollie Young Bear?
10. What do Wesley and Julian first talk about instead of Frank's problems with the law?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)