|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria talk about at the dinner table?
(a) Moving back to St. Louis.
(b) Moving to Washington, D. C.
(c) Changing her lifestyle after the war.
(d) Having a baby.
2. How does David feel when he visits his grandparents' farm?
(a) He gets bored.
(b) He greatly enjoys it.
(c) He does not like the way his grandfather yells at him.
(d) He thinks it's hard work when he goes there.
3. What does David say about his father's work gun?
(a) It was a hand me down.
(b) It had only been used a few times.
(c) His father seldom carries it.
(d) It probably did not even fire.
4. What career does Gail wish that her husband had chosen?
(a) College Professor.
5. What does David think when Marie spends a great deal of time in her room?
(a) He has upset her.
(b) She is tired from caring for him.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is hiding from her ex-boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wesley do as Gail and David go inside David's grandparents' home?
2. What happens when David goes over to the table where Wesley and Ollie are speaking in the bowling alley?
3. From what job had Julian retired?
4. In what county does David's family live?
5. To whom is Ollie Young Bear married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David recall about when he was ill and staying with Frank and Gloria?
2. How does David reassure Marie about calling a doctor?
3. What does David note about the conversation between Frank and Wesley, which David observes from afar?
4. How does Gail compare the winds in Montana with the wind in North Dakota?
5. What does David find Len doing when he goes for pie and how does Len explain himself?
6. Who is Marie Little Soldier and why does David like her?
7. Gail wishes that her family lived where?
8. When David talks to Marie about her cough, what is she adamant about not doing?
9. Who is Ollie Young Bear?
10. What does Wesley begin investigating?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)