|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at David's house at nine that night?
(b) Julian and Enid.
(c) Marie's mother.
2. What does Wesley do concerning his job?
(a) He becomes apathetic.
(b) He decides to run for re-election.
(c) He resigns his position.
(d) He withdraws from the election.
3. Who wants to reassure Gloria that Frank is alright?
4. Who gets angry and says not to blame Montana?
5. For what crime does Wesley say there is evidence that Frank committed?
(a) The murder of Marie.
(b) The murder of an eyewitness.
(c) Murdering countless Indian patients.
(d) The rape of two Indian girls.
6. What does Wesley do as he comes into the kitchen?
(a) Speaks to Gail.
(b) Tells David to go to George's house
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Drinks a glass of whiskey.
7. What kills Julian?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Falling off the tractor.
8. What reason is given to the public for Frank's death?
(a) A fall.
(c) Heart attack.
9. What does Enid propose as a defense of the accusations of sexual assault against Frank?
(a) Frank is mentally unbalanced,
(b) The girls he examined did not understand how a doctor works.
(c) The girls were trying to have babies with a white man.
(d) The girls were compliant.
10. How does David feel about Frank's death?
(a) Grateful to Frank.
(b) Embarrassed by Frank's actions.
(c) Sorry for Frank's actions.
(d) Grief stricken.
11. When was the decision to move made?
(a) Right after Frank's death.
(b) It was forced upon them by Julian.
(c) Just a couple weeks before the actual move.
(d) David is not sure.
12. For whom does David cry that night in bed?
(c) His father.
13. What does Wesley say he's going to do after taking breakfast down to Frank?
(a) Find another place for Frank to be held.
(b) Ask Gloria to talk to Frank.
(c) Ask Julian to talk to Frank.
(d) Talk to Paddock about the trial.
14. Why does David think his father has been crying?
(a) His eyes are red.
(b) His voice is hoarse.
(c) He blows his nose.
(d) His voice cracks when he says goodbye.
15. Upon what is Wesley spending long hours?
(a) Working in his shop.
(b) Investigating Frank.
(c) Getting the fields ready.
(d) Talking to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marie's family plan to bury Marie?
2. What does Wesley tell Gail when she arrives?
3. What does Wesley tell David to do if there is any trouble while Wesley is gone?
4. Wesley talks about what offer?
5. Who is Dale Paris?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)