|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marie's family plan to bury Marie?
(b) South Dakota.
(c) On the Reservation.
(d) North Dakota.
2. What does David say he does not understand about his father's actions?
(a) Why his father is pursuing the case.
(b) Why his father won't talk to his grandparents anymore.
(c) Why his father goes down and talks for hours with Frank every night.
(d) Why his father seems so upset and yet won't let Frank go.
3. Why does David think his father sometimes comes home to make phone calls?
(a) His father wants his mother to hear the calls.
(b) His father does not want to be overheard.
(c) His father wants to record the conversation.
(d) His father is afraid that his conversations are recorded.
4. Why does David think his father has been crying?
(a) His eyes are red.
(b) His voice is hoarse.
(c) His voice cracks when he says goodbye.
(d) He blows his nose.
5. What does David say he does for a long time after his grandparents leave?
(c) Stays still.
6. Wesley talks about what offer?
(a) To open a feed store in North Dakota.
(b) To teach law classes in North Dakota.
(c) To practice law in Montana.
(d) To practice law in North Dakota.
7. Where is Wesley going to have Frank moved?
(b) To his parents' home
8. What does Gail ask Wesley to find out from Marie's family?
(a) If Gail can bring them anything.
(b) If Marie’s boyfriend has been notified.
(c) Where they can send flowers.
(d) If Gail, Wesley, and David can attend the burial
9. Where do Frank and Wesley go after Frank talks to David?
(a) The basement.
(b) In the back yard.
(c) To the Sheriff’s office.
(d) To the back porch.
10. What does Wesley reluctantly tell Julian about Frank's crimes?
(a) Frank will lose his practice.
(b) Frank likely murdered Marie.
(c) Frank will probably not get probation.
(d) Frank shows no remorse for his actions.
11. What reason is given to the public for Frank's death?
(a) A fall.
(b) Heart attack.
12. What does Wesley tell David to do if there is any trouble while Wesley is gone?
(a) Call his grandfather.
(b) Hide under the porch.
(c) Protect his mother.
(d) Run for Len's house.
13. With whom does David's family spend the winter?
(a) Gail's brother.
(b) Wesley's cousin.
(c) Gail's parents.
(d) Gail’s sister.
14. How does David feel about their life in North Dakota that first winter?
(a) It's exciting.
(b) It's dull.
(c) It's not bad.
(d) It's better than the one he had in Montana.
15. What motivates David to go downstairs?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(d) Loud voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupted David when he was practicing?
2. How does Wesley feel about what happened in Montana?
3. Why does David cling to a memory about practicing an activity?
4. What symbolism does David observe at the graveside services?
5. What is David putting together for fun?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)