|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Frank's death?
(a) Embarrassed by Frank's actions.
(b) Grateful to Frank.
(c) Sorry for Frank's actions.
(d) Grief stricken.
2. Who arrives at David's house at nine that night?
(b) Marie's mother.
(d) Julian and Enid.
3. Where does Marie's family plan to bury Marie?
(b) North Dakota.
(c) On the Reservation.
(d) South Dakota.
4. Why does Gail take Enid to the kitchen?
(a) To ask Enid’s advice.
(b) To keep Enid from hearing Wesley.
(c) To keep Julian's reaction from upsetting Enid.
(d) To comfort Enid.
5. What does Len suggest for Wesley to do?
(a) Have Gail and David stay somewhere else.
(b) Arrest the men in the pick-up.
(c) Call Julian.
(d) Move Frank.
6. With whom does David's family spend the winter?
(a) Gail's brother.
(b) Gail’s sister.
(c) Wesley's cousin.
(d) Gail's parents.
7. What symbolism does David observe at the graveside services?
(a) A coyote howling in the distance.
(b) The open grave separating members of the family.
(c) A vulture landing near the grave.
(d) A feather drifting down onto the casket.
8. Why is David inside his home when Frank arrives on Thursday?
(a) He has a cold.
(b) It's raining.
(c) He is helping his mother.
(d) He is doing homework.
9. Why does David think his father sometimes comes home to make phone calls?
(a) His father wants to record the conversation.
(b) His father wants his mother to hear the calls.
(c) His father is afraid that his conversations are recorded.
(d) His father does not want to be overheard.
10. What is the cause of Wesley's death?
(c) Heart attack.
11. Under what condition does Frank agree to comply with Wesley's arrest?
(a) Frank will not be arrested in public.
(b) Julian will be allowed to provide him a lawyer.
(c) Gloria will be able to visit him.
(d) David will not see him in the basement.
12. Who runs for Sheriff of Mercer County?
13. What does David think when he is at Nash's Grocery Store?
(a) People are looking at him.
(b) He should buy his uncle something good to eat.
(c) He is tired of Frank making things hard for David and his parents.
(d) He may never see Nash's again.
14. Who leaves Montana soon after David's family?
(c) Julian and Enid.
(d) Marie's family.
15. What does David say his family planned to attend?
(a) Marie's funeral.
(b) The new Baptist church.
(c) Frank's trial.
(d) The county fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David say his mother could not do in Montana?
2. What does David say about where people are standing during the graveside service for Frank?
3. What reason does Gloria give her in-laws for Frank's arrest?
4. Where is Wesley going to have Frank moved?
5. Who is Dale Paris?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)