|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David inside his home when Frank arrives on Thursday?
(a) It's raining.
(b) He is doing homework.
(c) He has a cold.
(d) He is helping his mother.
2. What reason is given to the public for Frank's death?
(a) A fall.
(d) Heart attack.
3. Besides Wesley, who knows immediately that Frank has been arrested?
(c) Len, Gail, and David.
(d) Gail, David, and Gloria.
4. What does Wesley say he's going to do after taking breakfast down to Frank?
(a) Ask Julian to talk to Frank.
(b) Talk to Paddock about the trial.
(c) Find another place for Frank to be held.
(d) Ask Gloria to talk to Frank.
5. Who interrupted David when he was practicing?
(a) Marie and Ronnie.
6. Who wants to reassure Gloria that Frank is alright?
7. Who is Mel Paddock?
(a) The county judge.
(b) A defense lawyer.
(c) The Sheriff in the next county.
(d) The county prosecutor.
8. Why does David think his father has been crying?
(a) He blows his nose.
(b) His eyes are red.
(c) His voice is hoarse.
(d) His voice cracks when he says goodbye.
9. Who arrives at David's house at nine that night?
(b) Marie's mother.
(c) Julian and Enid.
10. What symbolism does David observe at the graveside services?
(a) The open grave separating members of the family.
(b) A vulture landing near the grave.
(c) A coyote howling in the distance.
(d) A feather drifting down onto the casket.
11. What does Wesley do as he comes into the kitchen?
(a) Speaks to Gail.
(b) Tells David to go to George's house
(c) Drinks a glass of whiskey.
(d) Begins to cry.
12. Who is Dale Paris?
(a) The Sheriff from the other county.
(b) The lawyer Julian has hired for Frank.
(c) The foreman on Julian's ranch.
(d) The Assistant D.A.
13. Where is Wesley going to have Frank moved?
(a) To his parents' home
14. For what crime does Wesley say there is evidence that Frank committed?
(a) Murdering countless Indian patients.
(b) The murder of Marie.
(c) The murder of an eyewitness.
(d) The rape of two Indian girls.
15. What does David seem confident about concerning Clarence's knowledge?
(a) He will never reveal the truth.
(b) He will gossip.
(c) He will tell the truth eventually.
(d) He will pray for Frank's soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does David choose?
2. Why does Gail take Enid to the kitchen?
3. Who gets angry and says not to blame Montana?
4. What does David say he does for a long time after his grandparents leave?
5. When was the decision to move made?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)